Where are our updates?

• Thread starter TheMoose
  • 9 comments
StudioLiverpool really needs an update so that the game matches the 2007 season.
this is less likely to happen. they would probably make a new game and sell it to make money

StudioLiverpool really needs an update so that the game matches the 2007 season.
this is less likely to happen. they would probably make a new game and sell it to make money

Based on what I've read this will never happen. FOM (Formula One Management) calls the shots in regard to how the various F1 simulation games are packaged content wise, and apparently they do not allow (or will not agree to) seasonal upgrades to existing games like you describe.

As far as a new 2007 or 2008 season based F1 game, we have yet to hear a darn thing. The only consensus seems to be that Sony has lost (or passed on renewing) their exclusive F1 license and that Studio Liverpool is not working on a successor to F1:CE. Sad really because CE shows a ton of promise :( Anyhoo... I'm sure as soon as concrete info regarding the future of F1 on the PS3 (and other consoles) makes it to the www you'll find related dicsussion here shortly thereafter.

More confirmation of the bad news.
No Formula 1 games from Sony anymore

Quote in part from the article:
Sony owned the Formula 1 license since almost a decade now. It looks like that those days are over, at least for the next couple of years. Forumla One Championship Edition seems to be the last Sony F1 game for a longer time. That©s one of the statements Clemens Wangerin, Head of the Sony Studio Liverpool made in an interview with onpsx.de at the Games Convention in Leipzig.

Studo Liverpool is working on a patch that fixes a couple of issues of the latest Formula One game for the PS3, but it is currently not clear if that patch ever gets released due the missing license

Soooo... well crap :grumpy:

On a positive note there is some interesting info on Wipeout HD in one follows the link. Always best to end on a positive right.

Sorry to dig out an old thread, but i started F1:Ce and i get an message for an update to 2.0. Does someone maybe knows what the new update contains?

Sorry to dig out an old thread, but i started F1:Ce and i get an message for an update to 2.0. Does someone maybe knows what the new update contains?

I've seen reports on other forums that the patch addresses a pit stop bug of some sort. Haven't seen much else posted, but I'm sure it's not as big a deal as the FFB patch was.

I know that the UK got an update that we didn't in the states, I'm not sure if the rest of Europe got it or not, if so that's what you may have seen.
I got online with F1CE today & got no update message..

I'm still hoping for the FFB update in the states.

Well to answer my original question of when do we get our update, the answer is Today!! :)

Back