Where are the Touring Cars?

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Project Cars 1&2 have mixed bag of Super 2000/TCR, Forza have Virgin Australia Supercars and some BTCC/WTCC in their line up. New to GT touring cars, have been off PD's radar since GT4.

GT5 gave us the RM TC: EK9 RM, DC5 RM. These are close to JTCC and Verno Cup(Honda Integra One Make) racers. CRZ TC and Prius TC seemed like detuned GT300 Mother chassis spec.

As it stands with Gr. 4 Atenza, WRX and Evo, read like Super Taikyu machines. Mix in a TT and Scirocco Cup car that aren't to current BTCC/TCR/WTCR rules.

GT2 had Super Touring RM conversions. Tht stopped after GT2. GT3 opened the door for the XR8 Australian V8 Supercar. A model never updated to its current guise, despite GT4 offering two new shape '04 Falcon(BA) models. Holden Commodore was available, but not that car's V8SC sister.

I find it interesting PD haven't offered the current crop of fwd touring cars, in the past three games.

In answer to your question - not in GT Sport.

In response to your OP, Gr.2 now exists and with the DTM/ Super GT regulations mixing over the next few years I can only imagine that group will grow.

There are, however, other DLC Wish threads about.

Of course my dream is to have V8 Supercars in GT Sport but that's probably not likely. However, Group A may not be off the table given that we had the Mercedes 190 E and now have the BMW M3 E30. We have also seen the Group A GT-R R32 in previous games; there is no reason to think that it could be revived as a super-premium. Same for the 190 E. All we need now is the Ford Sierra...

And then there is the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti. We have seen PD staff capturing the car, so I think it's a matter of when, not if we see it again.

In answer to your question - not in GT Sport.

In response to your OP, Gr.2 now exists and with the DTM/ Super GT regulations mixing over the next few years I can only imagine that group will grow.

There are, however, other DLC Wish threads about.
Not a wish thread.
As with answers from PD, there are numerous speculation threads about various topics about this game. Porsche, for example. Years of posts about a brand that was wished and discussed.

Is there a licencing issue? Have PD given up, knowing they can make fantasy cars as they please? Are PD going to use their new found outsourcing to pick up where they left?

Sure, Gr. 2 may grow in the net future. However, there is a growing global series in TCR, that can't be ignored.
I do believe, it has been posted, BTCC are expensive to licence. Ian Bell from Project Cars, let it be known VASC wanted too much money to licence the complete series.

Of course my dream is to have V8 Supercars in GT Sport but that's probably not likely. However, Group A may not be off the table given that we had the Mercedes 190 E and now have the BMW M3 E30. We have also seen the Group A GT-R R32 in previous games; there is no reason to think that it could be revived as a super-premium. Same for the 190 E. All we need now is the Ford Sierra...

And then there is the Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti. We have seen PD staff capturing the car, so I think it's a matter of when, not if we see it again.
I guess when the RC F was hinted at, it opened up possibilities for newer cars in the game. With the Alfa, I was all for a Group A series. However, PD placing the S1 and the Group C cars against modern race cars, makes ME it would be placed in Gr. 4 or the dreaded Gr. X.

Back