Where can I get XJ220 Race Car ?

• Thread starter rico13
  • 7 comments
rico13
Where can I get XJ220 Race Car ? I know you can buy the XJ220 Road car. But I want to get the racing version.

There's a fellow on here named Pupik who's got a huge GT2 website, and it probably lists all the prize cars. I don't know if the Jag you're looking for is a prize or not, but I bet it is. anyways, check out his site, or use the search function of GT Planet.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, the Race car is simply the Road Car with a Race Kit slapped on. I could be mistaken though.

Mike Rotch
To the best of my knowledge, the Race car is simply the Road Car with a Race Kit slapped on. I could be mistaken though.

Exactly.

The "XJ220 Race Car" is a GT3 car only. If you want a GT2 car that looks like the XJ220 Race Car, then simply buy three satges of weight reduction, and buy the race mod for the "Special" XJ220.

I don't advise the horsepower upgrades, and it doesn't feel all that fast for 945hp (Stage 4 turbo). Most likely, it's because the transmission only has 5 gears, and the turbo lag keeps it in check. With a standard 541hp on tap, and a race mod, it's a challenging car for the GT500/All-Stars events, but fairly easy to drive. Great exhaust note, too.

In GT2 as already said the only racing XJ220 is the road car with a race mod done to it, also though you can buy the Jag XJR15 race car which is another special model but it has nothing to do with the XJ220 though they're two different cars.

Back