Where do you guys find your avatars?

I been searching google for awhile now trying to find avatars but all I can find are bitmaps images which can't be uploaded here. Just wondering if there's a specific site that has decent ones that are JPG, GIF, or PNG. Thanks.

It's not the size requirements that's throwing me off. I can find tons of killer avatars within the 100x100 limit. It's what they save as...bitmap, which won't upload here. It has to be either jpg, png, or gif.

I take a picture with my camera (like my avatar now), shrink them to the 20kb size limit, save them as PNG format and use them.

I find JPEG loses too much quality.

D you think you could do me a favor? Could you convert this attached pic into a png image? It's something I have yet to figure out how to do on my computer. Please...

Attachments

• gthhg.bmp
    7.3 KB · Views: 4
  • gthhg.bmp
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
CyberDragon
D you think you could do me a favor? Could you convert this attached pic into a png image? It's something I have yet to figure out how to do on my computer. Please...

Go here and download the program. It lets you convert images into different formats and it's free.

I make mine on picture it publishing - i take an image, or images, and make them into a photo flip book. It asks you half way through what size i would like it to be, and i say 100x100 pxls.
Mine's called an animated gif by the way

When I first got here, I had one of the "Stock" avatars that Jordan so graciously provided.
Then a lot of the forums I posted in had a guy with the same dang avatar.
Not that big a deal, but it made it harded to find my own posts, and the answers to them.
So I had my son help me with a '62 Thunderbird (my very first car), and it became my avatar.
I haven't changed it in more than 18 months, and I don't intend to.

I tried downloading that problem but I cannot figure out how it works. Sorry. Would it be possible for someone here to take this pic & resize it to an avatar that would also meet the site's requirements. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
ffgh5gd.png

It's what I consider to be the best pic I've token of my car. Just the way the sun hit it...

It'd make a cool personal avatar.

Man, you're lucky I'm extremely bored tonight. :)

Anyway, the picture quality isn't too great so it went to hell when I resized it.

I searched google(Doom 3). Went to the images section. Clicked on one. Saved it. Cropped it. Set border. Saved it. Uploaded it. And...

<----voila!

CyberDragon
Okay, I've been away for awhile taking care of things in real life & now I'm back. Today I attemted to do a "disk cleanup" & I'm not how this is done.

Can somebody enlighten me please.

I think your cache - or whatever it's called - might be full, so it'll only let you save images as bitmaps. This happened to me a while back.

Disk Cleanup: Start -- Programs -- Accessories -- System Tools - Disk Cleanup.

After that, try saving the avatars again and see what happens.

Back