Which Car Helped You Most In Drifting?

TuneRVisioN

(Banned)
Let us know. :) What car was your first car to make you love drifting? (Or atleast do better at drifting control.) For me, it was the 1986 Toyota MR2 S/C. I'm not saying this because I drive this IRL, but seriously try it out. After you get that car up to speed, it does nice, smooth drifts. It doesn't spin out that much for such an oversteery car. The second car was a fully modded Mazda AZ-1. (A.K.A. Crazy-1.) Another car that oversteers alot without spining out as much. But don't try drifting a Ford GT if you just started drifting. It would spin out on you alot. Happens here. :banghead:

EDIT: Whoops! Wrong Sub-Forum.

Mercedes-Benz CL600. No, Im not kidding. It was the first car I experimented on, It was Black, with the stock wheels. That was when I had like 6 of them in my garage. I only have 3 now. Heh

I first did well in the BLITZ er34, if you use the car you want to use first
say a 240sx '96
use that fro a few laps-240sx
go to blitz er34 for a few l;aps on many trakcs-er34
then back to your 240, and you can drive it again :)

For me is the 300ZX 2seater Twin Turbo '98 (J) in GT2, thats right, you see im not new to this GTDrifting phenomenon

The cappicinuo (or however you spell it) Really taught me how to drift due to it being so low powered. Once i had drifting down i could go side ways with any stock car.

Amuse S2000 and the S15. The S2K got me used to dealing with lots of power. I was even elevated to trying to use my Silvia in its drift setup on the Silvia sisters challenge.

HKS Silvia, because it looked cool, then I didn't like it anymore, I restrained myself to drift FRs, NOW I love drifting even more with ASL Garaiya and Arta Autobacs MR-S, small engined MRs , :D. Also, i'm still getting back to drifitng Race Cars like Minolta and CLK GTR. I've tried drifitng R92CP and Sauber C9, just didnt work, because the lack of gears disallowing for quicker revs. With these LeMans, I'm actually using ONE TCS on it, now don't get me wrong , i used to drifitng with out TCS, but lately I found using TCS is so much fun, only disallows me to do small sharp hairpins ( i never liked hairpins anyway).

The Sileighty is my current drift car followed by the AE86 S.S version then for high powered drifts my Holden Commodore SS (770hp). I'm more of a powerslide style drifter though:scared:

there is no need to be ashamed of your style :)
I think that the stock 180sx in GT1 has helped me realize that i need to practice more :)

The HKS hyper genki Silvia thingy, it was so easy to get into a drift and hold it.:D

i must say i like all challenging cars.
but my favourite at the moment i think is the lotus espirit v8....
its steady if you want it to be, and wild if you let it loose....

lol, I actually used the Pagani Zonda S 7.3!! It took quite a bit of taming but I eventually held onto it tightly. It can be a bit of a pain to knock it into the slide but once it's sliding, it's power and torque pulls it through. I used to practice on Special stage Route 5 I think lol!!

Probably sounds a bit cliché, but I first tried drifting with the AE86 Trueno, and found it pretty dang good with even just a few light mods to give it about 150hp and around 130-ish for tq, though I did upgrade the suspension and tweak it a bit as well as the brakes. I wanted to see if it could be drifted without maxing it out just so the car overpowers itself with no effort. Of course when I was first trying to do it I failed horribly, but eventually I started to get it. I do have to say, though again it's a bit cliché, the car trains the driver.

Well my first car was a S14 fully done up but i didn't really know the game that well....mainly becuase i was only 10yr's old and all i did was hold down the x button and steer then i discovered the forum an i got a better understanding of wat to do so now the cars that got me to were i am today are BMW M3 fully done REALLY easy and stable car,the HKS silvia fully done up and honda S2000 fully done up.

cheers 👍

I first did well in the BLITZ er34, if you use the car you want to use first
say a 240sx '96
use that fro a few laps-240sx
go to blitz er34 for a few l;aps on many trakcs-er34
then back to your 240, and you can drive it again :)

Same here, the Blitz Skyline worked out best first car for me. The car the helped me most though, would I have to say; the Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS ('00) to practice and to play around.

Ohh yeah, and the Peugeot 206 Rally Car with bigger turbo kit and stock setting, no driving aids. It really drifts when off the gas or braking. 👍 The Blitz ER34 is great at drifting too, since it uses the throttle to drift smoothly.

the two cars that never failed me when i started drifting were the trueno 86 and an S15 silvia. without them i wouldve never known how to drift.

Not one car, but a combination of all the cars worked for me. Trying other drivertrains and seeing the differences between them is the best learning tool. I like to hop around in different rides and touchen up on different techniques so that I can drift anything.

Why stick with one when there are over 700 other cars?

just like IRL, the Camaro SS (2000) was the first car I slid. Worked awesome due to the massive power anywhere on the power band...

I was also surprised when I decided to slide the Celica GT-Four. I thought the AWD would be a PITA, but it was by far the smoothest, most precise control of any car while drifting that I have tried so far.

The car I first drifted in GT4 was a Nissan 240SX (S14). Of course, this was after I came and I learned not to stagger tires and when my front camber was 5.3. But after a while, I learned how to faint smoother. Also, I got off the habit of holding the e-brake to lengthen the drift (GT3 tricks.)

But the S14 helped me learn better than the Trueno. I think it was just the power difference for me.

Started on the Amuse S2000 Street Version, it pretty much drifts by itself, all I had to do was hold it, then moved on to the S2000 R1, which seemed kinda too stable for me, had to use the E-brake sometimes, but it helped me develop faint drifting. Now working on the Blitz ER-34, seems quite fine, I have to work on the settings for all cars... The FD is still getting on my nerves.

Back