Which car was your 1st purchase? (Or will be your 1st, if you don't have GT4 yet...)

• Thread starter ragundy
  • 826 comments
I'm italian, and I will wait still more days to play GT4...
So I'm dreaming right now!
Which car will be my first purchase for begin GT4 and run a Sunday Cup?
Looking at Japanese game, I could purchase a used car,
maybe Honda Prelude SiR '96

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50405&stc=1
attachment.php

Or maybe Mazda Savanna RX 7 GTX '90
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50406&stc=1
attachment.php

Cool...👍

Attachments

• honda-prelude-sir-96.jpg
    honda-prelude-sir-96.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 4,199
  • mazda-savanna-rx-7-gt-x-90.jpg
    mazda-savanna-rx-7-gt-x-90.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 4,162
Red 1985 RX-7 :D I started with only the money you start with, and did not do any credit transfers. It served me very well in my early races :). Now it just sits in my garage collecting dust, because i have much nicer cars now ! but every once in a while i take it out for a drive ;) later-

I think you will start with 10,000 credits like in GT1 and 2. I'm guessing that would be 1,000,000 credits in the japanese version so anything less than 1,000,000 credits in the GT4 car list. I'm thinking mabey a used Civic Type R 👍 .

It depends on if you load up any previous GT information or sell your licence cars but if your like me and not going to get any additional help other than the standard money you start off with, I've found the S14 K's is the best. Other good mentions are the Mitsubishi VR4, the above mentioned RX-7 and the skyline R32 GTS-t.

That is from a performance standpoint. If your after A-spec points, I'd bo looking at a Integra or Civic Type R.

So far, I've chosen the S14.

I'll probably buy either a Volvo 240 GLT Estate or the Fiat Panda. With this car selection I'm bound to win countless championships!*

*With great difficulty.

Ehi finally the GTP staff has posted one of my treads!!!!! Happy:) :) :)

About the start credits, in Japanese GT4 are 1.000.000, in GT3 PAL were 18.000;
It's possible that Japanese credits could be converted like GT3, then:

18.000 : 1.000.000 = 1 : 55,55

If that would be possible, my Prelude SiR '96 (Japanese 764.000 Cr.) will be 13.752 PAL Cr.! Other 4248 Cr. will be spent in customizing parts 💡💡 💡

ragundy
Ehi finally the GTP staff has posted one of my treads!!!!! Happy:) :) :)

About the start credits, in Japanese GT4 are 1.000.000, in GT3 PAL were 18.000;
It's possible that Japanese credits could be converted like GT3, then:

18.000 : 1.000.000 = 1 : 55,55

If that would be possible, my Prelude SiR '96 (Japanese 764.000 Cr.) will be 13.752 PAL Cr.! Other 4248 Cr. will be spent in customizing parts 💡💡 💡

I might be wrong but I've always thought to get the 'PAL amount' was worked out by dividing the NTSC-J price by 100, which would make your Prelude 7640 credits. I also doubt we'll start with 18000 credits this time & I'm not sure about the NTSC-J releases, but my NTSC copy of GT2 had cheaper cars than my PAL copy (But I think championship bonuses were the same).

T5-R
I might be wrong but I've always thought to get the 'PAL amount' was worked out by dividing the NTSC-J price by 100, which would make your Prelude 7640 credits. I also doubt we'll start with 18000 credits this time & I'm not sure about the NTSC-J releases, but my NTSC copy of GT2 had cheaper cars than my PAL copy (But I think championship bonuses were the same).

I will win my first car(s). I plan on buying the '86 MR2 SC though. Has Famine ever posted his results of when the used cars appear?

Even if I've completed GT3, I still won't transfer credits over, I think it would ruin the fun of starting with a slower car and making your way up. What I'm looking forward to the most is just looking through the cars, not buying (although I will still have to buy one)

If I had to choose, I guess it wouldn't be an MX-5 like GT3, but maybe something a little slower and more challenging to win races with.

T5-R

Then the start credits could be 10.000? It's possible, like in GT1 and GT2 right?
Can you explain me why start credits of GT3 were 18.000? It's strange isn't?:confused:

MarshyTVR2
Even if I've completed GT3, I still won't transfer credits over, I think it would ruin the fun of starting with a slower car and making your way up. What I'm looking forward to the most is just looking through the cars, not buying (although I will still have to buy one)

If I had to choose, I guess it wouldn't be an MX-5 like GT3, but maybe something a little slower and more challenging to win races with.

That's right. The better things of GT series are the first races, Sunday and Clubman Cup, your car is so slow and the only way to win races and money is a great driving... then your first custom parts... still faster & more fun!

It's really going to depend on how much money we have to start with, and what cars are available (new or used), and how much they cost.

Probably a MkI Golf or something. Something small, but sporty.

ragundy
Then the start credits could be 10.000? It's possible, like in GT1 and GT2 right?
Can you explain me why start credits of GT3 were 18.000? It's strange isn't?:confused:
I think it's because there were no used cars in GT3, so even the cheapest cars were quite expensive compared to the cheapest cars from GT1 and GT2.

jammyozzy
I think it's because there were no used cars in GT3, so even the cheapest cars were quite expensive compared to the cheapest cars from GT1 and GT2.

Sounds good! 💡 Thanks Jammyozzy.

MrktMkr1986
I want to start out with the 2005 Ford Mustang GT. If I cannot afford that even after the licenses, I'll buy any turbocharged car.
Surprise, Surprise.... :);)
i'll have the Skyline GTS - T please. 👍 I downloaded someone's car list. Forgot who's it was....

I will buy a Mazda RX-7, i love those rotary engines, and the car handles great.
My first car in GT3 was a RX7 infini or something, i will get that one if they have it
It looks like this one

mazda-savanna-rx-7-efini-iii-90.jpg

If its available and I can afford it right away, '69 Nissan Bluebird Deluxe (510). Hopefully in orange if I have a choice of color.

And no I don't expect to win many races right away with it.

Back