-Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec R34

which has better performance??

-Aston Martin DB7 Coupe
-Dodge Concept Car

which is faster??

-stock Spoon Civic Type R
-stock Mazda RX-7 Efini

Acceleration : Dodge Viper GTS
Handling : Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec R34 (but I could be wrong)
Performance
: Dogde Concept Car (if it's the silver one with the wing)
Faster : stock Spoon Civic Type-R (the Spoon Civic is really fast stock and handles great, not to mention tuned)

consider all of the cars in this thread maxed out, except for the last

which has better acceleration??

-TVR Griffith Blackpool B340
-Dodge Viper GTS

which has better handling??

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR

which has better performance??

-Aston Martin DB7 Coupe
-Dodge Concept Car

which is faster??

-stock Spoon Civic Type R
-stock Mazda RX-7 Efini

1. The Viper would have better down-low acceleration, but the TVR could possibly pass up the Viper in the long-term since it is much lighter. But honestly I don't really know. :guilty: I do plenty of testing on stock cars, but none on fully-maxed ones. I only have so much time ya know. Then again a fully-maxed GTS has just over 700 horses in GT2. The Blackpool? Man I'm forgetting now...I'm kinda thinking I'll pay a visit to Pupik's site...(comes back) which no longer features GT2 stats for some reason! :mad: I was thinking a fully-maxed Blackpool stocks less than 600 horses...which kinda makes me think a Viper GTS would win the test overall. Now I'm really confused. :confused:

2. Which has better handling? This is of course really more of an opinion in any case. What do you mean exactly by "better handling"? That could be several things. Let's say the Evo maneuvers thru a slalom better (and faster) than a Skyline. Does that mean it handles better? Not necessarily; someone else's opinion might be that the Evo isn't stable enough. I can't really say which one "handles" better. That's really an objective opinion on anyone's part. Then you start adding in all the variables one can come up with with the thousands (tens of thousands) of settings combinations in a fully-maxed vehicle;..downforce, suspension settings, etc.... how can anyone just say "oh, well, the Skyline handles better". What does that mean???

3. Which has better performance, Aston Martin or Dodge Copperhead (aka Concept car). Again, what do you mean by performance? That could be several different things. The Copperhead is lighter overall and can crush more races than the Aston with its athletic abilities; whereas the Aston remains heavy and cumbersome thru turns and stuff. So my personal vote would be for the Dodge. 👍 But again someone else might say "well the Dodge is too light and flaky...I prefer something more stable and solid. :grumpy:

4. Which is faster? Spoon Civic or Mazda RX7 Infini III. Now what do you mean by this part of the quiz when you say these 2 cars haven't been fully modded? Do you mean they're still stock? Or partially modded? :confused: And what do you mean by "faster?" Do you mean faster accelerating down a straight? Around a twisty track like Autumn Ring? You'll have to clarify a bit before I can answer this one.

...in any event, this is a killer thread! Want some + rep??? Here ya go, =drifting24/7=

Last edited:
Acceleration : Dodge Viper GTS
Handling : Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec R34 (but I could be wrong)
Performance
: Dogde Concept Car (if it's the silver one with the wing)
Faster : stock Spoon Civic Type-R (the Spoon Civic is really fast stock and handles great, not to mention tuned)

did you try driving both the Viper and the Griffith on Test Course??

the Lancer has the better handling, because of one exclusive upgrade the Lancer Evos have :)

the Dodge Copperhead mentioned is the orange one.

1. The Viper would have better down-low acceleration, but the TVR could possibly pass up the Viper in the long-term since it is much lighter. BUt honestly i don't really know. :guilty: i do plenty of testing on stock cars, but none on fully-maxed ones. I only have so much time ya know. Then again a fully-maxed GTS has just over 700 horses in GT2. The Blackpool? Man i'm forgetting now...i'm kinda thinking I'll pay a visit to Pupik's site...(comes back) which no longer features GT2 stats for some reason! :mad: I was thinking a fully-maxed Blackpool stocks less than 600 horses...which kinda makes me think a Viper GTS would win the test overall. Now i'm really confused. :confused:

2. Which has better handling? This is of course really more of an opinion in any case. What do you mean exactly by "better handling"? That could be several things. Let's say the Evo manuvers thru a slalom better (and faster) than a Skyline. Does that mean it handles better? Not necessarily; someone else's opinion might be that the Evo isn't stable enough. I can't really say which one "handles" better. That's really an objective opinion on anyone's part. Then you start adding in all the variables one can come up with with the thousands (tens of thousands) of settings combinations in a fully-maxed vehicle;..downforce, suspension settings, etc.... how can anyone just say "oh, well, the Skyline handles better". What does that mean???

3. Which has better performance, Aston Martin or Dodge Copperhead (aka Concept car). Again, what do you mean by performance? That could be several different things. The Copperhead is lighter overall and can crush more races than the Aston with its atheletic abilities; wheras the Aston remains heavy and cumbersome thru turns and stuff. So my personal vote would be for the Dodge. 👍 But again someone else might say "well the Dodge is too light and flaky...i prefer something more stable and solid. :grumpy:

4. Which is faster? Spoon Civic or Mazda RX7 Infini III. Now what do you mean by this part of the quiz when you say these 2 cars havent' been fully modded? Do you mean they're still stock? Or partially modded? :confused: And what do you mean by "faster?" Do you mean faster accelerating down a straight? Around a twisty track like Autumn Ring? You'll have to clarify a bit before i can answer this one.

...in any event, this is a killer thread! Want some + rep??? Here ya go, =drifting24/7=

ok, i will correct myself.

true, most people think that more horsepower = more speed. sure, the Viper has 700+ hp and the Griffith only has 569 hp. (you would say "what??!!) but the "equation" above is sometimes not true. why?? because the Griffith makes up for its lack of hp in other factors. mainly, the weight of the Griffith. i was surprised by the weight of the Griffith, around 2000 - 2100 lbs. compare it to the weight of the Viper. see the BIG difference?? :)

next, which car has manuevers better?? my answer is the Lancer Evo VI. why again?? because of a certain upgrade exclusive for Lancer Evos IV - VI. find out what it is :)

the final pair. yes, the Spoon Civic and the RX-7 Infini are both stock.
i will re-phrase my question: which car has better overall performance?

ok, i have corrected myself. i am very sorry, hope you will not get confused this time :)

ok, i will correct myself.

true, most people think that more horsepower = more speed. sure, the Viper has 700+ hp and the Griffith only has 569 hp. (you would say "what??!!) but the "equation" above is sometimes not true. why?? because the Griffith makes up for its lack of hp in other factors. mainly, the weight of the Griffith. i was surprised by the weight of the Griffith, around 2000 - 2100 lbs. compare it to the weight of the Viper. see the BIG difference?? :)

I actually knew a Blackpool weighs much less than a Viper, I just couldn't remember how much power a Blackpool winds up with. A fellow here named Pupik used to have a killer GT site with all the car-stats when they're fully-modded at www.formulanone.org . Now all his GT pages seemed to have vanished, so I couldn't remember how much power for a Blackpool. In any event, I'd vote for the Viper having better overall acceleration on a straight run/Test Course scenario, but I could certainly be wrong about that.

...but since they're fully modded, does that mean the racing-kit is installed? Is downforce maximized or minimized? Identical? And what about suspension and gearing? You've got both cars full-modded, does that mean with a racing transmission? Doesn't that introduce a whole nother set of variables that can make either car faster than the other so long as you tweak their gear settings?!? :confused:

next, which car has manuevers better?? my answer is the Lancer Evo VI. why again?? because of a certain upgrade exclusive for Lancer Evos IV - VI. find out what it is :)

I have no idea what it is...yaw control? What do you mean by "maneuvers better?" More control/ better grip? Less downtime between braking and throttle? Less understeer? Less sway-induced oversteer? Better drifting capabilities? All of the above? What if one person desires a bit of oversteer but another loathes it?

...see what I mean; explain to us in detail why a Lancer "handles better", and then you'll still have to address Puke, who seems to disagree with you here.

the Dodge Copperhead mentioned is the orange one

Okay, I'm voting for the orange Copperhead. True, it has less power than the Aston Martin DB7 coupe, but I still don't know what you mean by "performance", so let's break this down into specifics:

1. Raw power. Obviously, the Aston wins here but let's keep going.

2. Short-run acceleration: we're talking quarter-mile or 1 KM here. The Copperhead packs about 350 horses, the Aston packs about 530 horses. You might think the Aston would therefore win. I'm voting for the Copperhead. :D It weighs 1,557 pounds less than the Aston and has a lower power-to-weight ratio. Since both cars are fully-modded I'll say that includes tranny tweaks, which further makes the Copperhead a winner here.

3. Long-run acceleration/top speed: Now we're going round the Test Course. Again, both cars are fully-modded which means you can play with downforce and suspension settings + tweak that transmission. :) Overall, it could go either way...sorry to say I have no idea here. More power generally = a faster top-speed, weight doesn't factor quite as much. Aerodynamics do, though. Sorry, can't answer this one.

4. Handling: this means quite a few things so I'll narrow it down to

4a. control: The Copperhead wins. For me we're talking about grip-style cornering. Running towards a turn, braking, and getting back on the gas with minimal drama. We're talking about getting lower lap times essentially. Which car is easier to drive? Which one do you have to wrestle like an alligator? Copperhead wins hands down.

4b. Understeer: the Aston loses here. I've driven DB7s before they really have 'iffy' braking characteristics (even with the race-kit) which means the Copperhead will get thru that corner later than the DB7, and with less "waiting" before understeer goes away (if it shows up at all).

4c. Oversteer. Aston loses again. I got one word for ya here: Fishtails! You don't have to go to a seafood restaurant to eat some.

4d. Drifting/ sliding: Can't ignore this anymore, not with D2 being such a popular racing-style nowadays. I would choose the Aston as being better here. Finally. You can get it sideways easier, maintain a drift, and possibly get better control from the DB7, while it's still on good tires. In the Copperhead, you'd have to "force" the drift; you'd probably have to be on crappier tires to get it to break traction in the first place.

5. Ability win a variety of GT2 races. The Copperhead has less power, but this also means it can enter more races in GT2, half of which are horsepower-limited. Also, its lighter weight and more control (as outlined in numbers 4a thru 4c) mean the Copperhead can also murder plenty of cars in GT2 that have much more power. Some really experienced players may even be able to win the GT All Stars in a 350-ish horsepower Copperhead, matter of fact, if they're really good.

the final pair. yes, the Spoon Civic and the RX-7 Infini are both stock.
i will re-phrase my question: which car has better overall performance?

ok, i have corrected myself. i am very sorry, hope you will not get confused this time :)

Better overall performance where?

Okay, I'll stop side-stepping with questions. :) I'll provide the scenario: Autumn Ring

Even tho the Spoon is front-drive and the RX-7 rear-drive, Polyphony Digital's representation of understeer is probably at its lowest ebb in GT2. Arguably at it's lowest. This means that in this case, the Spoon (which should ordinarily suffer more understeer) gets the better deal around a track like Autumn Ring. It is several hundred pounds lighter, less prone towards swishy, sloppy behavior a stock RX-7 displays, and around this track you'd have more control overall I would say. Plus, the Spoon has that delicious VTEC system and a huge area to deliver the revs from (I believe a 10,000 rpm redline? I'm forgetting).

...so my vote would go towards the Spoon...driving stock around Autumn Ring on normal tires that is. But then that seems a tad unfair because the Spoon is basically more of a racing car specially-modified for performance; wheras the RX-7 Infini is a sports car that was sold primarily for hip dudes and gals who want to enhance their sporty, devil-may-care image. Some RX-7s are bought by midlife crisis types--guys mostly who are hitting their 40s and all a sudden realize they're getting old! :scared:

...all I'm saying is the RX-7 Infini gets a bit of a raw deal here. It weighs more due to the extras it's carrying because it is a street car first...racing car 4th or 5th. To get it to perform adequately on the track you need to do extensive modifications on it...whereas the Spoon already has these mods mostly performed.

Last edited:
which has better handling??

-Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR
Both car has different handling.

The Evo feel like rear heavy FF car. At sharp corner it always try to throw it's rear, and after that feel like being pulled in by the front tire. This car feel nervous on bumpy road track like deep forest. Yaw controller do help this car turn better, but because of it's tail happy behaviour, it is better to use yaw controller to limit turning ability.

The R34 feel like front heavy FR car. At sharp corner it just want to go straight, but at acceleration the tire feel more planted. Feel more stable both at bumpy track or at corner.

I hate both kind of handling :lol:.

That's what I'm saying...the Skyline and Evo both have their merits and their minuses! :dunce: It's tough to say really which one handles "better"--it's more of a preference of whoever drives either one.

Now if the question were: which one handles better? R34 Skyline GTR or 1968 Shelby Mustang KR, the answer would be lots more obvious.

Last edited:
ok fine, so i have made the questions very confusing for all of you.., this thread is one of my very first posts here, so i have trouble expressing myself.., i will try to post a similar thread that all of you could understand, would that be ok? i am very sorry..,:guilty:

It's not your fault. :) It's just in most cases you can make an argument either for or against one car or another. Evo versus Skyline especially--that one has appeared several times before. Viper versus TVR is another one. Anytime you modify a car fully, the question comes up...well does that mean I get to modify gears & suspension & downforce? Then the line between which car is "better" gets more and more confused.

That's why real-life car magazines like Motor Trend usually only test & compare cars while they're still stock as the dealer sells them. 👍 Anyways, I like this thread; I wish more people would respond to it, though.

Last edited:
Back