which is best STOCK car to drift with?

• Thread starter Uzi
  • 71 comments
Welcome to GTPlanet, Uzi, hope you enjoy it here :).

This thread contains what cars GTPlanet drifter like to drift, and what car they think are best, there are many FR's in there.

true, but some of those cars drift pretty well as stock. but, my personal choises would be these:

'98-'04 MX-5/Miatas
MR2's ( not the last gen though)
every Lotus
most of BMW's
AM V8 Vantage
Nissan Silvia/200SX
most of 120bhp-350bhp MR cars

yeh thats your sister. you should try explaining the plot of "the matrix" to your nan!:banghead: GTR 4wd/rwd system isn't that complicated, but it is the best in the world. (fans of quattro, its just my opinion) :sly:
(p.s. im not dissin you sister)

also true! if you want a challenging stock car to drift try the pikes peak escudo. (figure i should contribute rather then just fill the thread with dissin evo 4's sister.)

Does it have to be FR? Because an older MR2 is a real easy drifter, and the RX7 FD always goes down smooth. :)

Can I join in on dissin your sister Ev0 4 drifter, even though I don't know her. :)
How about explain to her about that crazy differential system on the Prodrive P2. That should be fun. :sly:

WOOHOO, I have an avatar pic now. 👍

ah, the "Squirrel Mincer"! :lol: well, I've also found that 205 T16 is lovely drifter in stock form, handling very much like MR, because it basically IS MR with AWD.

If you realy want a great stock drift car try the a 99 impreza with n3 in front and n2 in the back or a 91 n1 r32 with the same tire setup i have done some scary drifting with the r32 at tsukuba.

you don't want to anger evo 4, or he'll shoot you like that cat! :lol: (i can she's an ex)

Haha, I'm scared, please don't hurt me EVO, hehe. :)

Trueno is surprisingly difficult to drift despite the reputation of the car.

Yeah, it may be difficult, but if you mastered it. It would make you a better drifter. It drifts very well once you get the hang of it. 👍

Yeah, it may be difficult, but if you mastered it. It would make you a better drifter. It drifts very well once you get the hang of it. 👍

trueit's quite difficult to drift without swapping the tyres and adding the power, but I first searched settings for about 150 bhp, before lifting the power to 230 ish. I never use the SS version, it doesn't have the needed torque as stock, despite being high revving, racing engined car.

205 T16 is also plenty of fun thanks to MR-AWD layout. it looks mean too.. and if i want some real blast from the past, Silvia 240 RS road version is good. light, quick and nimble.

yes the formula toyota 20v makes horrible torque in real life also. my N/A S.S. Trueno believe it or not is 256hp and im still in intensive tuning.

I used to have more power on my S.S Trueno, but then I lowered it and liked it more. I think I have 207bhp or something close to that. Haven't driven it in awhile since I have been doing all these competitions. :)

I still think the RX7 FD is probably one of the best stock drift cars, all I did was get N2 tyres, turn aids off and drift. 👍

I like my MR2 also, that is stock except for the tyres of course. :)

I thought it was easier, since there is more weight to throw around at the back. They just love to drift. My MR2 does anyways. :)

4WD is a challenge, they do get some crazy angles though. The only 4WD I have drifted is the Tommy Kaira ZZII, good car. Very fast too. 👍

Back