which is the best car

• Thread starter troll
  • 25 comments
Ive heard the GTO can get quite high power outputs 800+ I think

Personally I think because everybody has their own driving styles, they will also have different cars that will be best for them. And obviously you have to take into account what you are using the car for. i.e. rear wheel drive cars can get you around a track real quick but on an endurace race can wear out the tires quicker than a 4wd or fwd.

But my favourites are the stock Viper, my EVO VI GSR Im playing around with right now, and my 550 hp FD RX7 A spec [R] :eek:

Here are my best cars:

1) Mitsubishi Eclipse (Arcade mode)
2) Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV (Simulation Mode)
3) Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution III (Simulation Mode)
4) Mazda Lantis (Simulation Mode)
5) Mitsubishi FTO (Arcade mode)

I have to say I like cars that are closer to stock more than cars which lean towards the other end i.e. fully race modified and with everything done.

They win races, but yeah theyre not the most fun to drive. So when I find my favourite car (if it aint the stock GTS) it will almost certainly be a stock RWD.

I just love the arcade mode of GT1... I was able to unlock all the tracks and all the other manufacturers... I'm telling you, man... GT1 is a great game when it comes to arcade racing... However, it would have been better if there were more cars in the arcade mode...

Thats true but I still ask myself how long it took to develop this game - it supersedes any other racing game I have ever played by far unless it took half a decade to make Im guessing the development team is the size of a small city.

There aint that much you say thats bad about gt1, for its time anyways. And most if not all of the 1st hand cars from sim mode can be raced in arcade.

And yeah arcade mode rocks - especially drift mode in the v-spec

It would be good if you could watch other people's replays...

I know Ive done some pretty close calls while drifting before.

I find special stage R11 is pretty good for drifting, with its double left-hand corners and tight hairpins etc. Anyone else agree?

Ive heard it goes way over 800 hp. Add 4wd and yeah its a pretty potent mix. I think its the car I need to finally beat the tuned car comp.

Actually all the FAQs i have read rate the FTO LM the best all around car in the game, followed by the Cerbera LM and then the concept car. Go to GAMEFAQS.com and check it out for yourself.

The dodge concept car is the best car.Followed by the FTO and the cerbera lm which are pretty munch dead even. I like driving the cerbera lm. Has great down-shift grip and grunt and turn. The GTO 3000 tho a very nice easy to handle car is too heavy and loses out at tracks like High Speed Ring. But I'd pick it for the autumn ring.

Best car has to be the Mitsubishi GTO LM (3000GT LM in GT2). Good handling - whips the competition easily. Next is the Castrol Supra GT. My next favourite after that is the Viper GTS-R and trailing along in 4th position is the Purple Concept Car.

I guess its really up to whatevever delivers the best lap times eh?

I havent race modded my gto yet but Ive found the fto lm edition that you win is an extremely good car. I ran the long distance grand valley race with it and by the end had lapped first place about 3 times. :)

TVR cerbera LM edition.

Might not be the fastest, but it handles in a wonderful way.

Back