Which is your most hated race/championship in GT3?

Which race or championship do you hate the most? and which one do you perhap enjoy the most. I am also interested in reasons for your choice.

The Amateur GT World Championship. The AI get an insane boost in power, the catchup cheat effect is very strong, and they drive like even more pigheaded morons than normal. A very frustrating series to do in anything like a comparable car.

iI would have to agree with SPD_RCR , if the formula gt champ was shorter, i might actually enjoy it!

Other than that, id probaly say my least favourite championship would be the Zonda races in professional, that race just ****s me, cos i like to keep my races clean, but i find it nearly impossible to do a clean lap AND maintain a fast speed, Also the AI tactics are shocking

My favourite would probaly be the polyphony digital cup, theres some bloody good racing to be found there, if you dont pike and use the speed 12, xj22o, gt one etc

I hate the Legend of the Silver Arrow. First off ur in a really sucky car {unless you have the race car} and all of the other mercades like to play bumper cars.

Originally posted by lumPwin555
I hate the Silver Bow and Arrow. First off ur in a really sucky car {unless you have the race car} and all of the other mercades like to play bumper cars.

That is "Legend of the Silver Arrow"

So far, the most annoying for me was the Italian Avant Garde. I have a thread around here somewhere about it.

Correction - I had managed to completely block from my memory the horror and agony that is the Vitz series. Beginner, Amateur, Professional, it doesnt matter. They ALL SUCK. The Italian Avant Garde is a cakewalk compared to those little wastes of tin, oil, gas and rubber.

Think of it...with the resources wasted on 3 Vitz, you could build a supercar. ;)

Yes 4 me. and btw i never really play this game anymore so im going off of my bad memory so just bare with me mmkay?? (and if u were wondering i now always play SOCOM online. My name is <ZW>|N$AN3 and i always play in east 1)

Like The Wind. What was it, 20 laps at test course? Only good thing about that race was the prize...But you got the same thing at 75% anyway, so I could have done entirely without it.

Interesting that the same four or five races come up. For me i'd say:

Formula GT: Too long but provided you have experience, it's more than possible. :)

Amateur GT World: Well ya see I bought a Mustang SVT Cobra R when i was only in the beginners league, tuned it up and ran it in the SUper speedway endurance, and by fluke got a Polyphony 001 Formula 1 car, so by the time i was into the amateur league i was using that to make my life easier. :embarrassed:

Italian Avantagarde: I've tried a few times unsuccessfully to do this one, it really sucks, so ywah thats high on my list. :mad:

Yaris race: Yeah the beginner and amateur ones are ok if you use super soft tires and aggressive punting tactics but as for the Pro one, that really has me stumped. :banghead:

Elise: I havent actually had a go at this yet but when I do it seems it wont be easy :eek:

Just to add one to the barrel, the MX5 endurance. Ive had a short start on that and its a nightmare. I seem to recall that tires count as tuning which really sucks.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh yeah and as for Like the wind, I didnt try this, but one of my brother's mates did it in a very fast car (dunno which one) and constructed a device using an elastic band and Camera film case to hold the Right analog stick in the up position (that being the throttle) and set it off and go watch some tv. The car glided round the corners guided by the gentle barrier and when he returned after watching tv he found a prize screen sitting in front of him. :lol:

oh and regarding the silver arrow and the cpu playing "bumpe cars" it is rumoured that doing that in GT4 causes time penalties. It will be interesting to see what the new AI doeas with that!! I found that the Zonda race was the worst offender for that.

Originally posted by Polyphony001
Oh yeah and as for Like the wind, I didnt try this, but one of my brother's mates did it in a very fast car (dunno which one) and constructed a device using an elastic band and Camera film case to hold the Right analog stick in the up position (that being the throttle) and set it off and go watch some tv. The car glided round the corners guided by the gentle barrier and when he returned after watching tv he found a prize screen sitting in front of him. :lol:

Lots of people do a trick similar to that in the Endurance race around Super Speedway, I did that to win the F1 car (took me 11 times).

why does everyone freak out about the vitz race in pro. mode? its not that hard. just buy slick tires and take it easy make all the corners, the computer pits 2 times i think.... make 1 pit if you need too. this worked for me. i won the series without wall-riding or losing any races. try it for those who are stuck.

unlucky! I got it first time! Oh well, you can;'t win everything, VIPERGTSR01!!Oh and to SNowbordrWRX any race in test course sucks.And to truenodrifter, how much GT3 experience do you have? I'm sure if it was as simple as just having hard tires there wouldn't be quite so many people moaning.

Yeah Test Curse sucks if it's any more than 2 laps. But it ESPECIALLY sucks on the Vitz Pro because the car is so damn slow! It's difficult not to fall asleep at the controller.

Vitz pro.. I tried it for the first time this week. I beat the series by taking the first, third (test course by almost a lap), and the fifth, which is the only race where the AI pits 2 times. At laguna and sr11, I came in last as I got too far behind and couldn't catch up when they all pitted. I'm going to try a few more tweaks and see if I can get those two.

I wanna new drug...

We don't freak out that the Vitz series is particularly hard, it's just particularly mind numbing.

I liked Formula GT in a P002 car but in a P001 it becomes a pushover like most other championships.

It is the most boring place to race in the whole game....

I fell asleep going 20 laps on some nightmarish race I can't remember.... Good God!! Test Curse or Test Course... They sound the same to me:banghead:

OK now I'm really hating that elise trophy series. At least there isn't the test course in it...although a the speedway oval would be nice because so far I can only get the first 2 golds :mad: :banghead:

I used a 290-hp MS Elise with T2s up front and T3s out back. It had the race transmission and the stock suspension.

The MX5 endurance and the Italian Avant Garde thrashed the **** outta me so bad I blew my top off to ****. And any race that has the Test Course anymore than 2 laps has got to be thrashed to a systematic pulp.

Back