Which of the tracks in GT3 really do exist?

• Thread starter Balthazza
  • 331 comments
I know its a bit a crappy question but i was just wondering wich of the circuits are real... I know Monaco and Laguna Seca are... but thats where my knowledge stops, can anyone help me? :confused: :confused:

Greetz..

That's pretty much it. The other city tracks are loosely based on the real cities abut as far as I know there are no actual configurations like them.

Some of them are in fact quite odd. I tend to look at the road, not the scenery, so I've probably missed some things. For instance, I'm wondering how it's possible for Grand Valley to cross that body of water once on the big bridge, but not on the return side of the track.

Welcome to GTP, B!

It races along a pennisula? maybe.

Is Seattle a real track, or simply a configuration of roads that were redrawn with barriers to represent a track?

AO

As far as I know, it is a configuration of roads, based on real neighborhoods but with a fair amount of liberty taken on how they go together.

Maybe I'll try to find a map of Seattle in the vicinity of the new stadium, and try to lay it out.

In my copious free time...

Seattle Circuit is based on actual streets around the city.
Somebody has walked/driven round the streets where the circuit is in GT3 too. And he/she said that some of the streets are one-way only.

And Rome is also based on real-life streets etc...
Seen part of where the track is in some old movie i was watching.

I seem to remember someone saying once that Tokyo was a real circuit, but I have no first hand knowledge of this. Could just be another "based-on".
:confused:

Understand - all of the urban tracks are strongly based on the actual cities and sights.

Other than Monaco, however, I don't believe that the tracks as configured are real layouts, or could even be made in real life. I believe a fair amount of liberty was taken in arranging selected pieces of the actual cities.

I could well be wrong, however; if anybody has definitive info I'd love to see it.

Where is the "Stadium" in Seattle. If I can get an address, I have access to the terraserver througy work. I'm able to download images of many different cities in the US.

If someone can get me an address, I'll start looking for seattle.

AO

Basing this off of hte address for the Seahawks stadium (800 Occidental Ave.) I was able to find this map.

And...Knowing I'll be spending a few laps around Seattle 1. I'll try to memorize bridges, streets, railroads, and other points of interest. I'll then be able to overlay the map of seattle with the track layout. Hopefully, then we'll be able to see a rough approzimation of where this track my lie...

AO

Attachments

• seattle.jpg
    seattle.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,007
Sorry, link didn't allow outside pointers... Lets try again.

Attachments

• seattle1.jpg
    seattle1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 914
A little farther north... thes images are about 10 years old, unfortunately.

Attachments

• seattle2.jpg
    seattle2.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 795
I found the Seattle circuit layout using the Yahoo Maps... and its clear that a certain amount of Artistic Licence has been used...

Heres the layout here by what I can see.

Note that the big chicane isn't on this map... its either not there in real life and added to break up that last straight by the developers... or its there but not shown as streets on this map from Yahoo

Attachments

• real_seattle_circuit.gif
    real_seattle_circuit.gif
    40.2 KB · Views: 682
You had the right area for Seattle right enough :D .

Laguna Seca is an acctuall racing track though its not made up fo streets so you won't find it on that....

right now i'm looking for the rome circuit... i managed to find a lage pic looking over the colosseum... and you can see the roads going round it are the ones used in the game...

if only i could find this area on a map website...

Yahoo doesn't list it so far as i can see.

Colosseum Pic (High Res - 56k beware)

Thats the one i got... you can see in the pic the road that runs round the colosseum in it is the one used in the game as you go up the hill from the start.

if i could find this area on a map i would be laughing... cos then it would be pretty easy to map it out like seattle.

Japan however is an entirely different kettle of fish... i have absolutely no leads on that as i can't find anything on the sony building.. yet.

Latest Posts

Back