Which ONE PD original track would you realise if given unlimited funds?

• Thread starter oinksnork
  • 56 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
jargsnork
The title of this thread is pretty self explanatory.
I hope to see a nice and detailed explanations why that specific track needs to be realised, followed by deep discussions who am I kidding, this is the internet, so that will remain a dream.

We know the answer Kazunori Yamauchi gave in 2010: Deep Forest

I have to say that I find it difficult to choose between 2 circuits: Autodrome Lago Maggiore and Dragon Trail - Seaside.

I would choose for Dragon Trail if the whole circuit complex would be realised. This because Gardens is in my opinion way better than the Autodromes other layouts. But most of all, I like the constant action that I experience driving that circuit.

But as a single circuit, few things can beat Autodrome Lago Maggiore. You probably know already why: Corner 11.
The first time I saw that corner I didn't believe the the cone markers the game had set out for me. I mean, going 280 km/h into a hairpin, that is like a ~250m braking zone. Not is this case, around 50 meters could be enough for this braking zone. I pity the people who don't know about this corner, because they can amazed and confused by this corner like I was the first time.
My opinion is that this could be one of the best corners in Motorsport. And thus deserves to be carved out of mountain and be laid down there like the beautiful ribbon of asphalt that it is.

Grand Valley or Apricot Hill.

Grand Valley has it all, scenic, long but with a good short version, good variety of corners from the thrilling rollercoaster of 3-4-5 to the technical 7-8-9. Long straight with a fast final corner to push the power cars on.

Apricot Hill also has a great blend, the ever slowing double apex of 1/2 followed by the Suzuka esque undulating esses. A long downhill straight to test into the hairpin and an almost reverse corkscrew at turn 11 after a difficult braking zone coming of the wide radius turn 10.

RED ROCK VALLEY SPEEDWAY

For real, Just imagine that sunset on a 24hrs endurance race.

maxresdefault.jpg

Once you're done imagining It, look at the layout:

JGTS-Red_Rock_Valley_Speedway.gif

This ain't your standard Hermann Tilke BS track layout with one or two boring straightaways and 90 degree bends with only one place to for overtakes at best, this place is purely about speed and pace and just by looking at it you can say that the layout provides a nice fast-paced rhythm to any race, with plenty of overtaking opportunities, just look at those banked corners hmmmmm...

Why this track hasn't been featured in any other GT baffles me.

Last edited:
I really like Dragon Trail Seaside now, it's one of the best designed original tracks PD have made (if you ignore the reverse version which doesn't work) but if I had the money and land to make any it would be Mid-Field Raceway. I imagine it would create races like the Red Bull Ring with a high average speed and only a few big braking areas. The only issue would be finding space for run-off at the penultimate right hander.

Tokyo R246, Grand Valley, High Speed Ring, and Lago Maggiore.

But personally the one I would really give more focus to is Tokyo R246. One of my favorite urban tracks and it makes a good Super GT and maybe F1 race.

I love the layout of Alsace, but wouldn't build it in respect for the tranquility of the village. Also wouldn't fancy killing people with the chicane of death of Dragon Trail Seaside. Would invest the unlimited money into building Lago Maggiore or Sainte Croix.

Okay, I'll give this a serious answer now lol...

Red Rock Valley
Just a beautiful and fun track all around. It's basically an oval inlet layout on steroids with many flowing yet technical corners. Just a dream circuit all around that would be great for high speed race cars.

Special Stage Route X
I always found this track super aesthetic and futuristic in a sense. A huge testing circuit set in a "top secret" coastal military airfield. The wind turbines and huge radio tower add to it and the track is stunning at dusk. The scrapped extra layouts for this track would be cool too but I'm not sure if IRL physics would allow people to drive on it properly.

Autumn Ring/Autmun Ring Mini
Possibly the most "comfy" original circuit in Gran Turismo. The autumn setting makes for a picturesque setting while the circuit itself is great for tight racing, especially in smaller low-powered cars. Would be a lot of fun for track days!

High Speed Ring
If you think about it, this track is pretty insane. Banked corners with a long straightaway would make for amazing battles with high-powered, high downforce race cars. I could also picture manufacturers using this track for testing. I would much rather have the GT1/GT2 setting though, that forest always appealed to me.

Dragon tail would be a very interesting track in real life, but I bet there would a lot of accidents :D Maggiore is growing on me more and more, I'm starting to realize how amazing this track is, then there are Tokyo Expressways which are really good, but that would be probably impossible to make these locations racing tracks.

As for the older tracks such as trial Mountain, deep forest, grandwalley etc, I can't really comment on them as I don't remember them properly, at that when I played GT4-6 I wasn't fully interested in getting better on certain tracks and trying to find the best lines, braking points etc. I only started to in GTS. With that being said maybe if they added some of the original tracks to GTS, maybe my list would be different.

If I had unlimited funds...easy. All of them.

If I had limited funds and needed to pick one, it would be a choice between Tokyo R246, Seattle, or Grand Valley. Apricot Hill, Deep Forest, and Trial Mountain get honourable mention.

Probably R246 though, and then I’d have a Super GT race there :)

Trial Mountain is my all time favourite but it would be a bit too dangerous for drivers plus the only place to put spectators is in the trees.

The 'suitable for everything' Sardegna Windmills would get my vote and seeing as I'm filthy rich, I'll have the variations too. No limit on the crates of tinnies you want to bring to my track.:sly:

But personally the one I would really give more focus to is Tokyo R246. One of my favorite urban tracks and it makes a good Super GT and maybe F1 race.

Probably R246 though, and then I’d have a Super GT race there :)

Watching SGT at R246 would be peak human experience for me.

While Trial Mountain is my favorite original, I agree that R246 would be the best to bring to real life.

Cape Ring iRL would be the track to end all tracks imo. I'd love to hot lap such a marvelous track with mountain top views. Sierra would also be an awesome experience to drive as well. Circuito de la Sierra would be the only rival to Cape Ring as far as driving experiences go imo.

Last edited:
I have to say that I find it difficult to choose between 2 circuits: Autodrome Lago Maggiore and Dragon Trail - Seaside.

I would choose for Dragon Trail if the whole circuit complex would be realised. This because Gardens is in my opinion way better than the Autodromes other layouts. But most of all, I like the constant action that I experience driving that circuit.
I'm a big fan of Dragon Trail, too, that would be my choice.

Definitely Lago Maggiore, Dragon Trail Gardens and Grand Valley.

Don't need to explain since everyone else in the thread has probably already done it for me.

Back