Who do you think is the best?

• Thread starter BLITZ_69
  • 78 comments
Teedot or (BRO)TheBrothers because there always on top of there game. And they always make it look easy. In the words of teedot, "I just need a little drift smoke."

Of course I'm the best out there... (Yeah right...) I can pull off nice drifts but it's not an everyday thing. I think Tulok can drift good. 👍

do you mean people on gt4 or real life or both...
Otherwise I don't really have a fav because I haven't seen anyone who reached my aspects to be my favorite.

Teedot or (BRO)TheBrothers because there always on top of there game. And they always make it look easy. In the words of teedot, "I just need a little drift smoke."

if you think they are the best, you need to get out from under the rock.

and just fyi, "drift smoke" isnt tee's word, its DKing's.

and just fyi, "drift smoke" isnt tee's word, its DKing's.

oooooooooo...BURN!!!

no burn, just telling it how it is.
RL/DKing, one in the same, actually came up with that term. i think the first time i met him he was like brb drift smoke.

In GT, it would have to be IDM and FBI hands down.
Most notably, Silviadrifter.

weird... brand new member but still refers to SD as SD and not DR... odd. Who are/were you?

There were a ton of good guys in GT3, but pergatory's GTPDC 5 entry has always stuck in my memory as the best drifting performance I've ever seen in a video game. Second to that, Sheron for his series of linking videos in GT3 - I think it was in an R32 that he linked all of AH.

do you mean people on gt4 or real life or both...
Otherwise I don't really have a fav because I haven't seen anyone who reached my aspects to be my favorite.

your comment bugged me because i dunno what else is there to expect. I mean alot of the guys have practice hard to get the angles they get and the corners they can drift in. I mean there isn't much more to really impress people that watch there videos. Personally i like Mike Le chat noir drift. He goes in full speed and gets extreme angle right off the bat.

your comment bugged me because i dunno what else is there to expect. I mean alot of the guys have practice hard to get the angles they get and the corners they can drift in. I mean there isn't much more to really impress people that watch there videos. Personally i like Mike Le chat noir drift. He goes in full speed and gets extreme angle right off the bat.

Good point.

DG5, what did you mean?

ok...I don't care i'm just giving my opinion but what ever.the only person that is close enough to be my fav is BL

Good point.

DG5, what did you mean?

Exactly what I meant the vids are ok but im not amazed.I've seen many other drifters that aren't associated with video companies like youtube,google etc. and they drift better and that there gt4 drift skills amazed me.

Second to that, Sheron for his series of linking videos in GT3 - I think it was in an R32 that he linked all of AH.

Yes, it was a R32 gts-t typeM. With those sim tyres I was sliding all over the place :dunce:.

Delphic Reason for me. Great control, accurate lines... I really liked his videos.

Does it matter who's the best? OFFLINE? Get on Kai and we'll see.

Xlink isn't the end all, tell all way to see who's the best, maybe who's the best drifting a stock car, but not THE definite best drifter out there. So please stop telling people to get on xlink.👍

Xlink isn't the end all, tell all way to see who's the best, maybe who's the best drifting a stock car, but not THE definite best drifter out there. So please stop telling people to get on xlink.👍

you have to understand though, it takes far more skill to be good on kai because of 3 major factors.
1 you are challenged to drift the whole track and be good at all of it, mostly like gt mode.
2 you have to adapt to different cars. not all cars feel or handle the same. tuned cars you can make most of them feel pretty much the same which is boring.
3 to be truly decent/good you have be able to tandem with others. the closer you can get to the leader while copying his style, line, speed, etc the better.
that is something you cannot get on gt mode. drifting with your ghost is just a lame attempt to say you tandem because what thrill is there when its basically you drifting against yourself? seeing other peoples style, how they drive and seeing how theirs differs from yours in real time is just something of essence. as is seeing how they deal with understeer, and how they change their line to suite the speed they enter. its like seeing their inner workings or what they *are* in real time and theres nothing better than that.

you have to understand though, it takes far more skill to be good on kai because of 3 major factors.
1 you are challenged to drift the whole track and be good at all of it, mostly like gt mode.
2 you have to adapt to different cars. not all cars feel or handle the same. tuned cars you can make most of them feel pretty much the same which is boring.
3 to be truly decent/good you have be able to tandem with others. the closer you can get to the leader while copying his style, line, speed, etc the better.
that is something you cannot get on gt mode. drifting with your ghost is just a lame attempt to say you tandem because what thrill is there when its basically you drifting against yourself? seeing other peoples style, how they drive and seeing how theirs differs from yours in real time is just something of essence. as is seeing how they deal with understeer, and how they change their line to suite the speed they enter. its like seeing their inner workings or what they *are* in real time and theres nothing better than that.

Very good point. I'd then like to see the best GT mode drifter go against the best xlink drifter. Both in eachothers feild of expertise.

Im sorry, but most Gt mode drifters need settings to drift...Theres no other way for each person to go at it, live except on Kai. And making a video doesnt really prove much, because you spend hours on a turn and try to get it perfect, yet on kai, its live. Meaning people are watching and theres pressure.

What I mean is....

2 matchs.

1. on Kai- should be easier for the kai drifter
1. submitting best vid.

Best Kai drifter vs best GT drifter.

Originally posted by Some Random Guy
loon ur gay

And you are?

dude exelent point.

Warning: Rant ahead...

I have yet to see any impressive xlink footage. Kai means stock cars only, but you can see that clearly in the lack of extension and angle. I regard consistency as much as anyone, but drifting to me has to be a bit more than barely slipping the rear wheels for half a turn... Forte and a few other xlinkers seem to have a "holier than thou" attitude which frankly lets it down further. It might be fun, but if you want to talk about "skill", then show me a good lap with angle and smoothness instead of yapping about your l33tness. I acknowledge that you have to xlink to tandem, but what's the point when you're just burning rubber for a fifth of a corner.... Please prove me wrong and show me some good xlink drifting...

That being said, for a video clip to be interesting as a showcase instead of a troubleshooter these days, it has to be pretty damn special too... I don't mean to sound rude, but I guess that the surge of sub par efforts and attitudes have weakened the scene a bit...

I still like GT4 drifting for my own sake, but it's getting hard to keep it interesting when consistent drifters disappear one after another.

Here's hoping for a cross-version online/network mode in future games, so we can do live runs with proper drifting. In the meantime, I guess the closest I could get would be a 1 hour limit GTPDC.. any takers? ;)

drifting stock cars is much harder than tuning your car so make the thing slide. i haven't played Gt4 in almost 3 months and i remember that. i will say the best drifting i have ever seen was on Kai.

Back