Who do you think will be 2007 World Champion?

• Thread starter Ikas90
  • 51 comments
Heart says Kimmi and you should always follow your heart.

Whenver I'm deciding which bodily organ to trust, I usually go with my brain. That's just me, I figure my heart is intended for pumping blood rather than thinking.

Or maybe you meant follow your emotions - which I also don't do since I don't figure my emotions have any better insight than pure rationality.

On topic though,

I (like everyone else) like Kimi next year. I think he was the best driver in formula 1 this year besides Michael (yes I'd put Alonso at 3rd). McLaren was horrible this year. They had a slow unreliable car and a horrendous pit crew that seemed to go their slowest right when Kimi couldn't deal with a slow pit.

I like McLaren, mostly because I like the brand and I liked the look of that car this last year. However, the team seemed to be holding Kimi back. As long as Ferrari can stay reliable and maintain a good pit crew (even if they aren't as crazy fast next year as they were this year), I think Kimi takes it.

The only thing I can think of that would be a problem is if the reliability issues aren't with McLaren, but with Kimi. Perhaps his driving style is hard on the car for some reason. If that's the case, he could bring his reliability issues with him.

Could McLaren somehow get a revival with Alonso though? Schumi went to Ferrari with 2 world championships and revived a sinking team. Alonso is going to McLaren (a currently struggling team) with 2 World Championships. Coincidence or even destiny for Alonso and McLaren?

Could McLaren somehow get a revival with Alonso though? Schumi went to Ferrari with 2 world championships and revived a sinking team. Alonso is going to McLaren (a currently struggling team) with 2 World Championships. Coincidence or even destiny for Alonso and McLaren?

I definitely would not count Alonso out, as he is a driver I highly rate and I think he has the potential to do it. The question is, can he RALLY a team like Schumacher did. Schumacher essentially took the bull by the horns and really controlled how Ferarri did things. Alonso is young still, and I'm not sure if he has the leadership and even maybe the passion that Schumacher had. Also, McLaren is a totally different beast than Ferrari; Ron Dennis likes to be in charge, whereas at Ferrari I felt that Schumacher was one of those IN charge, working as a collective with Ross Brawn and Jean Todt.

Good points there and I see what you mean, hopefully he'll be able to do something towards getting the team together as Ron Dennis is going to be aware Alonso has vowed to win the championship during his 3 years at McLaren. Maybe we'll see some hints during winter testing if he's involved.

Theres actually more than that.

After starting out in F1 with a back of the pack team for a very short while, the young driver moves to a midpack team. After a few years of mid-packness, the driver wins back-to-back titles with that MildSeven-sponsored Renault-powered Flavio Briatore-managed team. After those two titles though, the driver decides to move to a struggling team that used to be an F1 powerhouse.

The only thing I can think of that would be a problem is if the reliability issues aren't with McLaren, but with Kimi. Perhaps his driving style is hard on the car for some reason. If that's the case, he could bring his reliability issues with him.

He is the only driver who, when looking from the onboard cameras, you can see revving the engine through all of the shift lights. I see them very occasionally on the Ferrari, and I don’t recall seeing them on the Renault, but I always see them on Kimi’s McLaren.

I’m not sure if the colours of the lights are easier to see on the McLaren, or whether Kimi is just consistantly revving the heck out of those Mercedes engines. It would help explain why he had so many engine failures in 2005. The Mercedes engine was very reliable this season, though, so perhaps that theory doesn’t hold any merit…

There is also the theory that he attacks the curbs really hard, and that causes miscellanous things to break.

After starting out in F1 with a back of the pack team for a very short while, the young driver moves to a midpack team. After a few years of mid-packness, the driver wins back-to-back titles with that MildSeven-sponsored Renault-powered Flavio Briatore-managed team. After those two titles though, the driver decides to move to a struggling team that used to be an F1 powerhouse.
Yea I noticed that. The driver wins back to back with Mild Seven sponsored Renault-powered Flavio-managed teams and then moves to a struggling team that used to be F1 powerhouse. Interesting indeed. Mere coincidence or destiny? Who knows. Kimi better win just like Hill did in '96 (and Hill nearly won in '94 and in '05 Kimi could have won, so maybe Kimi will win next year). If history follows, Kimi will win next year, then Massa in '08 (err) and then in '09 and '10 Kovaillanen will win then from 2011 to 2015 Alonso wins 5 titles (lol). Maybe I'm going a bit too far here.

Schumacher essentially took the bull by the horns and really controlled how Ferarri did things.

Umm... I think he more took the horse by the reins. Lamborghini does not race in F1:D

He is the only driver who, when looking from the onboard cameras, you can see revving the engine through all of the shift lights. I see them very occasionally on the Ferrari, and I don’t recall seeing them on the Renault, but I always see them on Kimi’s McLaren.

I’m not sure if the colours of the lights are easier to see on the McLaren, or whether Kimi is just consistantly revving the heck out of those Mercedes engines. It would help explain why he had so many engine failures in 2005. The Mercedes engine was very reliable this season, though, so perhaps that theory doesn’t hold any merit…

This is probably a very easy problem to fix. If that is what causes Kimi's engines to go boom, setting his rev lights to lower RPMs would increase reliability. If Kimi goes all the way through the lights, and, say, Massa doesn't, then setting the point where all of kimis's lights are on to correspond to where Massa has two or three on (or where Massa shifts) would in the end have them shifting at the same (and ideal) RPM. Teams have lotsa cash, they should be able to tweak the systems like that.

Oh yeah, and kimi blew in Monaco because of overheating due to a lack of cooling air due to the new engine cover disigned to make the car go faster which in turn would allow Kimi to go faster so he could win.

This is probably a very easy problem to fix. If that is what causes Kimi's engines to go boom, setting his rev lights to lower RPMs would increase reliability. If Kimi goes all the way through the lights, and, say, Massa doesn't, then setting the point where all of kimis's lights are on to correspond to where Massa has two or three on (or where Massa shifts) would in the end have them shifting at the same (and ideal) RPM. Teams have lotsa cash, they should be able to tweak the systems like that.

Yes, I know this, and teams turn down revs all the time, anyway. I don’t know if I was clear, but the real problem there is if he is bouncing off a rev limiter for a split second for every shift, be it at 20,000 or 19,000rpm, hitting the limiter in an F1 car is not good for the engine.

Oh yeah, and kimi blew in Monaco because of overheating due to a lack of cooling air due to the new engine cover disigned to make the car go faster which in turn would allow Kimi to go faster so he could win.

It wasn’t an engine failure in Monaco, the heat shield caught fire and destroyed a wiring loom…

i am just hoping Massa turns into the next Senna. Brasil hasen't seen a quality driver in a while. I dont really like barrichelo so i am hoping for Massa to step up to the plate.

I don't think that's going to happen. Massa's good, but I don't think he's championship material. Next year is really his only chance. Once Kimi starts beating him, he'll be #2 again.

I dunno, Massa has really impressed me this year, his level of maturity has doubled, atleast! He isn't as reckless as he was at the start of the year and both wins have been fully deserved for him.

He could give Kimi a good run for his money..

MS will be 2007 World Champion because he’s coming back while Ferrari just happen to have two drivers signed? If you say so. :rolleyes:

MS will be 2007 World Champion because he’s coming back while Ferrari just happen to have two drivers signed? If you say so. :rolleyes:

Who said he'd join Ferrari? :P

Spyker FTW!
:lol:

Michael will scrap together some extra points from his 2000-2004 seasons, combine them, and take the 2007 crown!!!

As for the 2006 champion, he will be too busy scaring Spanish TV personalities to win the crown ;)

I don't speak Spanish, so I don't know what the hell they're saying, though I do understand "Hola", "si", "muy rapido", and "Karrusel".

I don't think that's going to happen. Massa's good, but I don't think he's championship material. Next year is really his only chance. Once Kimi starts beating him, he'll be #2 again.

You do have a good point, there. I think Massa will be the new Brazillian hero. Same colour helmet as Senna, too.

Mika Hakkinen won his first race in 1997, then he became world champion the very next year. Massa could do that, he won his first race in 2006, might be world champion next year. Coincidence.

to be honest, I like Massa. I've been a fan of his for the past year or two, and I've recognized that he is one quick son of a bitch. just thinking about it, he has sort of a Gilles Villeneuve aura to him. he started out wreckless when he first came in, and as he kept racing, he got better and better, and the coincidence that they both drove for Ferrari is obvious. as it went on, he got quicker and quicker and at times started outpacing the #1 driver. I belive what Jody Scheckter was to Gilles, Kimi will be to Massa. Kimi will probably win the championship, but Massa will put up one hell of a fight. then Kimi will probably retire, and it will leave Massa to be #1 at Ferrari. also, about Brazil needing an F1 hero, don't forget Bruno Senna is slated to be on the grid in 2009 :eek:

damn straight! :cool:

Back