Who else has all gold licence tests?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 4: Prologue' started by Bollocks#999, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Bollocks#999

Bollocks#999

41 gold licences for me and 1 gold stupid coffee cup, I strongly doubt a gold for the last cup, 40 seconds for PAL and an absolute pain in the ass to do

Anyone else?

2. Arwin

Arwin

All golds in all 4 versions of Prologue ... :D In the Korean version I also had a little over 10000 points I think. Anyway enough chest-beating, the coffee cups aren't so hard to get gold as it seems. Just stay at it for a while. The final one especially is much easier than you think. It can in fact even be done in 36 seconds (in 900 degree mode) or even 34 seconds (using DS2 or 180 degree mode).

As for coffee break 2, that one can be done in 40 seconds, 12 seconds under gold! Use this route that I figured out - it will take you a few attempts to drive this route, but once you manage to hit all the cones you'll also easily have passed it on gold:

[​IMG]

There are also some replays of gold runs on the coffee breaks on IGN (go to gran turismo 4, media, movies)

3. stephenb

stephenb

Arwin - thanks for posting that little map. I was trying to work on a route that went around the outside gradually working inwards but due the positioning of the cones it was a little zig-zagy and easy to lose track of the direction you needed to go in :D

4. Bollocks#999

Bollocks#999

:tup:

As for the last coffee test I'll reserve my judgement for the time being untill I get my head around it some more, with some more practice!!

Thanks for the map re. the second test :tup:

5. yeti

yeti

Out of curiousity...

Does anyone else think that the Evo in the first Time trial in the last section is the worst car in existance?

How much understeer can one car have?

C.

6. Arwin

Arwin

Yeah, it's not setup properly. A 4wd car with that much power handles like that, true, but the way it is setup in Gran Turismo is, I think, suited more for rally than for road racing. I would move a lot of the power to the rear of the car, so that it gets a little more oversteer to compensate.

7. ALPHA

ALPHA

I've got gold on all licenses with a mesealy 6000 points. After getting gold I haven't had time to improve my times on the online database. The last coffee break is just the pits, my best is a 37.xxx, Oh well there is always tomorrow.

8. remmahegdels

remmahegdels

All GOLD here to :lol: 8000+ points :cool:

9. yeti

yeti

To pass that test I had to aim for the middle of the bend stand on the brakes to 1st gear then turn and floor it...

Otherwise I just couldn't get any speed coming out of the bends at all... and DON'T TOUCH THE POWER on the 3rd gear right hander after the 2nd hairpin!!!!

C.

10. Tacet_Blue

Tacet_Blue

If you mean the Evo in lesson 37...its a pig!

Its like its running on flats...I'm going to fit some slightly more grippy ice skates to it.

The steering does seem to be set up for rally drift, but you can't even get it to drift properly. It slides off the track at 63km, I think the micra on one of the tests takes the second hairpin faster!

I don't think I'm patient enough to get a gold in that one...or that damm coffee break where you have to reverse it through cones.

11. yeti

yeti

That's the one...

It was so funny cos I listened to Vicky tell me what to do...

Held the accelerator and went for it... got to the bend... stood on the brakes... and straight off the course...

My friend was in hysterics...

So I hand him the controller...

He does exactly the same thing...

After about 20 tries he manages to get his car round the track and set a ghost... I'm still struggling with the first or second bend!!!

He manages to get it round again and beat his ghost but not the bronze...

Another ten minutes later I finally manage to "steer" the dog round the course and get the bronze on my first completed circuit!!

Then... wowwee... we win the car to race with in Arcade mode... WOOHOO!!!

C.

12. Tacet_Blue

Tacet_Blue

...yeah whoopee, like that will be first choice in a race! ;-)

A better prize would be to see the thing scrapped!

Any Mitsubishi employees that try that level are going to be shocked.

13. yeti

yeti

I'm tempted to put it on the grand canyon course though and see if it really is set up for rally or whether it's just utter crap!!

C.

14. Tacet_Blue

Tacet_Blue

I take it all back!

just for fun I thought I'd try it round the citta di Aria track, and its a damm fine car.
    Maybe coz it was a red one, or maybe they have forgotten to show that it was raining in the test (or snowing).
    Very strange.

15. Arwin

Arwin

The test is on road tires, and I suspect you picked normal tires for your little Italian excursion. ;)

16. Tacet_Blue

Tacet_Blue

You're quite right...

I also tried it on sports tyres, which suprised me as being worse than "normal" tyres. It handled well but was still 8 seconds of my Delta HF time. But am smoking them all now with the McLaren. Got a 1:26s lap out of it up them twisty streets.

...oooh, make that a 1:25.3s

Its absolutely terrifying!!

17. Lesson 27: R32 GT-R on 2nd Tsukuba hairpin

Anyone got any tips, all that I seem to be able to do is understeer. I can get a 23.594 but thats it.:banghead:

Edit: Just did a gold 23.254 by diving in deep and usng the e-brake to get the back out so i could get max top speed on the straight. YEY!:D

18. chameleon2

chameleon2

All gold after about a week I had the game, but haven't played the license test a lot. On average it takes me 5 tries for the most of them, except for some of the harder ones, like Mclaren F1 or suzuki alto dirt track test, but as for the rest of 'm I didn't find it too difficult. Can't wait to re-do all the test with the steering wheel though :D

19. vrmx

vrmx

I got all gold in 2 days. I got the game on monday (31st) and the next day I had all gold with a little bit under 6000 points.

My friend got the game on 26th and I was so pissed that I didn't get it so early so before getting GT4P I drove all licenses in GT3 gold:mad: :mad:. And now I got all gold in GT4P before my friend too. Damn I'm good:D.

20. stephenb

stephenb

Just completed the set last night :D Dam that Ford GT @ New York though. Not sure I've ever spent so long on a single test in all my life.

21. Jim X

Jim X

I have all license tests golded too, just finished it today, and with 900 degrees. Still working on the tea breaks though.

22. super supra

super supra

The licenses was too easy, they gotta bring on with some tricky ones :mad:

23. Bollocks#999

Bollocks#999

I thought that the best one was in the 'Mac, 10 laps without putting the car off the road and no ramming the AI, that sort of thing will only encourage those guys out there to race clean or not at all
    A step forward IMO

24. yeti

yeti

YES... Gold all gold upto Red now... (i.e. Green, Orange & Blue)

Although I haven't actually done all of the purple ones yet due to time constraints... (I.e. upto F1 test and need a couple of hours to do it in) and I won't be playing for a little while cos my friend who I went halves with has it back for a while!!

C.

25. toler

toler

all goll here too!
    alot easier than i expected.

26. gt3freak_2001

gt3freak_2001

I am working on getting all gold, I've all gold on the orange except for the damm Colt lesson that I miss getting gold by like 0.05 of a second errr.

27. nlambros22

nlambros22

hi guys I am Lambros from Greece ... I just finish all the lessons but I havent many golds...can anyone post or send me an email the file (x-port save file) which has all the golds ... thank you very much

28. nlambros22

nlambros22

hi guys I am Lambros from Greece ... I just finish all the lessons but I havent many golds...can anyone post or send me an email the file (x-port save file) which has all the golds ... thank you very much

29. ixnay

ixnay

Cool! A Natalie Portman fan.

The e-brake on lesson 27 helped me a bundle. Thanks!

30. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

All gold here... my route on Coffee 2 is ever so slightly different from yours Arwin, but my best time is 2seconds below yours so maybe I should try your one out :p

[Edit: ok not 2 seconds 1 second :p]