Who loves Brussels Sprouts?

• Thread starter Saidur_Ali
  • 162 comments

Who loves Brussels Sprouts?

• Total voters
Hmmm yummy. I like them whole so I can pretend I’m a hungry giant eating a bowl of cabbages.

Or I just slice and fry them with bacon.

Either is good.

Hmmm yummy. I like them whole so I can pretend I’m a hungry giant eating a bowl of cabbages.
giphy.gif

Had some last night as the first course of a tasting menu for Valentine's Day and, while the preparation was a little sweeter than I'd prefer, my position that Brussels sprouts are good was reaffirmed.

:)

Edit: Not my pic, but a fair representation...

20190215_075752.png

Last edited:
Bump.

I was watching a video and immediately thought of this thread as the use of guanciale (cured pork jowl) was addressed.

8:36 - "This is not to be used with your breakfast; with your eggs. This is not a BLT bacon. This is 'take something that's already good, like your Brussels sprouts, and just add something else to them'."

Boom!

These aren't vegans talking about veggies that they tolerate because they're not meat. These are professional butchers!

:P

8:36 - "This is not to be used with your breakfast; with your eggs. This is not a BLT bacon. This is 'take something that's already good, like your Brussels sprouts, and just add something else to them'."

Boom!

These aren't vegans talking about veggies that they tolerate because they're not meat. These are professional butchers!

:P
Until they come round to my place and cook me a sprout dinner my vote remains "yuck, devil's testes".

Followed a few hours later by an explosion of the toilet....
They get you? Not me. But then I have a pretty healthy gut and few things are difficult to digest. Cruciferous veggies certainly aren't.

Back