who plays this old game still?????????

• Thread starter f1king
  • 55 comments
I gotta say its pretty hard for me to even look at the screen of GT2 after playing GT3, True GT2 has a **** load more going on but still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw come on, have a little respect for the classics! ;)

Anyway, I still play it. If only for the fact that building hybrids seems to be more entertaining for me in GT2 than in GT3.

GT2 is f1king awesome. it has the ability to be replayed over and over. but ill be moving on when i get my ps2 in a few weeks :lol:

No it's not, I've got GT3 and GT2, and I go back to my PS1 and GT2 all the time. In fact, I play it more than I play GT3.

Originally posted by skynyrd
No it's not, I've got GT3 and GT2, and I go back to my PS1 and GT2 all the time. In fact, I play it more than I play GT3.
Ive been playing the heck out of GT2 again. I love it and the gt2 and gt3 games are so close as far as tracks, so you can rip the gt2.
Its been a lot of fun going back especially when youve done the gt2 game (previously) in auto mode. Ive been doing the manual tranny and love the new gameplay on the gt2 tracks.
I really love doing the tracks that arent on the gt3 games.
Ive realized my driving skill has vastly improved since I last really played the gt2 game and have beaten most of the times I had previously. :D
Just do it. I never gets old and Im already at about 41 percent complete now.
Misnblu

Originally posted by sliderulz
I still play GT2

Like Eddy and GTR I dont have a PS2 or GT3.

It hasnt the tracks of the gt2 and doesnt have the racing mod for the cars. I miss those on gt3. Graphics are great and some of the best.
Gt2 is still a blast. :D
Misnblu

I still play GT2, GT3 has much better graphix but NO high speed ring or Red rock valley, or Autumn ring, or Grindenwald.
I am much faster now on GT2 since I started playing GT3.

Ive just come back to GT2 after playing GT3 for half a year. Even though the graphics look shabby compared to GT3 I still prefer Gt2`s game structure. I started a new save yesterday and was pleasantly suprised that I was able to bear the graphics, I ended playing it untill 2am It was soooooo fun still.

Im glad to see everyone playing the gt2 games. Even though the gt3 games are great, the fun of the gt2 games prevails. :lol: :D
Glad to see so many keeping the faith. :)
Misnblu

I bought gt3 after playing gt2 and i was amazed at the perfect graphics . But after a while i realized it didnt have near as many cars or races. Gt3 waoulld be much more fun if it had 3 things: Used cars, racing modification and manufactures cups.
Gt2 is still by far the superior game in the fun factor department.

Originally posted by f1king
To be honest I dont think racing mods for everysingle car is realistic.

Well in real life, you could take any car you want (even one of those old pre-WWII cars), slap some stupid paint job on it and throw a bunch of money into the engine and suspension and other stuff, and you've got yourself a race car. So why not? ;)

I still play GT2, because I don't have a PS2. I don't have a craving to buy any other games for the PlayStation2, so spending $200 for the console, 25 for the game, 30 for a memory card, add the tax and it's $300. Just not practical; nor am I really tired of GT2 anyway. Can anyone actually say they have race every car in GT2? it's been over 2 years for me, and I'm still playing strong!

Heck, I still play GT1 every now and then. I hear of a lot of people who go back to GT2 and forget all about the graphics after 5-10 minutes. Some have even called GT3 a disappointment. But I can't say for sure, because I haven't played it for more than 20 minutes at a time.

Now if there was a GT game set for the PC (like "The Sims") series, I'd be set. Download a new paintjob for the Skyline? Got the 1950's racing car expansion set? Make your own course? The possiblities whould bew endless, but I'm sure Sony and Polyphony signed a contract in blood to prevent those sort of things from happening.

Well, like some of the people here, I don't have the PS2. Therefore, I don't have the GT3 game, either. I am a disabled man and I just can't afford the money that it will take to buy the PS2 and the game, plus a memory card. And I love to play the GT2 game with the MadCatz digital analog steering wheel, instead of using the digital analog controller. To me it's more realistic with the steering wheel, plus I just never got the hang of using the regular controller, cause when I bought the PSone, I bought the MadCatz wheel at the same time. It took just a little bit of time to learn how to set the wheel so that the cars would drive the way I wanted, but now it's just like climbing into the family car and driving.
I was hoping to some day be able to buy the PS2 and getting the GT3 game, but after reading the comments that I have read in this thread, I think that I will stay with the PSone and sticking with the GT2 game. I have 94 cars in my garage and I still enjoy going to the tracks and trying to tweak them a different way to get better lap times. And since I've joined a GT2 challenge group, I like the game even more now, because I enjoy the compitition and trying to be the overall winner of the months challenges.
If anyone is interested in joining a good GT2 challenge group, go to yahoo groups, and the name of the group is GT2_USA. The owner and the Moderator has got the best challenge group going on that I have found. The group has 43 members, but only 7 or 8 of us participate's in the challenges. And the challenges last a month, not just a week like other challenge groups that I have found in the past. And you can post your times as many times as you want during the month. I like the group better than any other group that I have joined. Plus the owner of the group has a challenge group for the GT3 game as well. Hope that some of you will check the group out, because I think that you'll like it as well as I do.

Originally posted by mustangGT_rider
SCREW YOU............GT2 IS THE BEST RACING GAME FOR PLAY STATION (NOT PLAYSTATION 2)
Calm down. :eek: :confused:
I dont thing anything in this thread should have offended anyone. :rolleyes:
I dont think DaddyGary had one think derogatory to say about anything that should get someone so upset.
Have fun man. :D ;)
Misnblu

This is to the guy stating some the racing mods seem unrealistic. IM still wondering why you can only get the Golf VR6 and 1.8T to high 300hp range when theirs alott of 700-800hp one's in real life. Besides that, I feel the mods are prety good. GT2 is a blast but isn't realistic enough. Being able to race with a 300hp rangecar in the open class turbo and NA races and winning still is kinda funny, or may be that i'v owned GT2 since it first came out lol.

Back