who still plays gt2 on a regular basis?

I do, spaceviper. Just got it a short time ago, and I'm hooked! :weird:
If you look in Jazza's thread in this same forum, "I'm hosting a race series" I've got some times posted for certain tracks.
I should mention however that at this point I have no way of sending you guys proof of my times. :( Got no digital camera, no hookup to my PC where I could upload to, etc. Just my word, so I completely understand if you'd rather I didn't participate. Let me know!

Also depending on what cars you've got in mind I might not be able to anyway. I don't have all the prize cars yet...
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Originally posted by Trailer01
I do, spaceviper. Just got it a short time ago, and I'm hooked! :weird:
If you look in Jazza's thread in this same forum, "I'm hosting a race series" I've got some times posted for certain tracks.
I should mention however that at this point I have no way of sending you guys proof of my times. :( Got no digital camera, no hookup to my PC where I could upload to, etc. Just my word, so I completely understand if you'd rather I didn't participate. Let me know!

Also depending on what cars you've got in mind I might not be able to anyway. I don't have all the prize cars yet...
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Thats OK, Trailer. I have no proof of my times, but why would I want to cheat? The GT2 series is about you lot, not me.

Unfortunately, I'm presently running 4 cars in three series, so my time is allocated for already. The next series that I run in GT2, I'll post here, in case anybody wants to join.

Originally posted by Jazza

Thats OK, Trailer. I have no proof of my times, but why would I want to cheat? The GT2 series is about you lot, not me.

Well, truthfully, that's how I feel about the whole thing as well Jazza. But I've seen a few debates over times on here in the past where proof positive--or as close as one can come to it--is asked for so I just wanted to get it out beforehad that I couldn't provide that sort of info is all.
I'm more than happy to run the races & post up times. :D I figure this is great practice one way or another, no matter how my times end up stacking up against the rest, eh?

ok well i think i should explain what i want to do.

For me and my friends we have always wanted to make GT2 kind of our own, like we were racing our own cars and to make it original for us and do something that people probably werent doing with their GT2. Now we could use GT3 but for one there not enough cars to do it with (and are mostly high performance) So here is my idea for a "racing series" i put that in quotes because in reality it really isn't a racing series.

In the Series of Gran Turismo there has always been the aspect of tuning and adding performance parts and things such as that. So is what kind of series i would like to run is one where you actually try to become the manufacture and create a special car with a limited budget (kind of like a Dodge Viper ACR or a Ford Taurus SHO)

This is how the series would run. Each week you would recieve a new car to tune. Each car will come with a limited budget that you can spend on the car. You can buy anything you please within that budget. You will test your creation on Grindewalde, Apricot Hill, the test track, 400m test, 1000m test, and top speed test. Turn in your times to me and then i will tally up all the results to pick an over all winner. Make Sense? please if you wish to participate sign up here.

NO PROOF NEEDED but if you can give it great, i do own a dex drive (thanks dolbytone)

And sure since my GT3 died i have been looking for a good GT2 series!

That definitely sounds very cool! I take it by the tone of your post that the cars you had in mind to use might not be those generally used for a racing series?
I really think it might be interesting to go in & buy, for instance, a Puegot 206 and tune it as best you could with only $75,000, yes?
:DIf I've got it totally bass ackwards, that's fine too.:D
This could be great!

exactly! We could have it start off as something you know kind of easy with a high budget but the budget could get lower and lower as the series progressed. If anyone does have a dex or something i have a file with millions of dollars if you dont have a game shark. there could be a point system and everything. There could also be special events where you get the chance to tune say a viper, corvette, ruf, whatever but most of the time i would like to see the civics, alfa romeo, cheap american cars (focus, neon) get tuned for fun with like you said a 50,000-75,000 credit budget.

You could also come up with maybe a special name for your car that wouldnt be in your garage but that it would be known in through the community. example Dodge Neon TBR (tuned by rob) or whatever

I still play GT2. I have 2 versions, I have the buggy version 1.0. And I have the greatist hits version 1.?. I like the buggy version the best. :cheers: :cheers:

The differance is that the version 1.0( buggy version) is the first version to come out in GT2. This copy has alot of bugs in it. The GT2 greatest hits version is up dated version it does'nt have very many bugs.( glitches or mistakes) Example: the carwash is suppose to be 50 credits. version 1.0 carwash: is 500 credits. Trailer01 I hop this helps you out. :cheers: :) :cheers:

well it would be nice to know who all is going to start so i will say the sign up dead line is

Friday November 30 or early December 1st.

On the Second i will have the first car to be tuned.

Since i am competing i will not start tuning the car (which of right now i don't know what it is) until that day along with the rest of you so it doesn't seem like i have more time to work.

Best of luck!

Hrmm....I'll participate too. Mebbe I'll finally get some use out of the ol' DexDrive. :D I haven't played GT2 since GT3 came out. I do miss the huge roster of cars, tho.

I've tried going back to GT2 a couple of times but I just can't do it. :( Once you've experienced GT3 it's very hard to go back. It's like going from the Amiga back to the Atari 2600. Graphics just kill you once you've tasted the good stuff. Hope you guys get a cool series going for GT2, but for you guys who haven't got GT3 yet...buy it!! You'll never look back! ;)

oh baby have i played GT3, i probably owned it before most here (besides people with the import versions) but alas my PS2 is all ****ed up and it makes me mad, believe me, it was hard going back but it is still fun to play, but the cars just look crappy and i dont ever look at the replays anymore lol.

i try and play gt2 every day, i keep redoing races to try and better my lap times, keep tweaking cars to get the perfect race machine etc... it is the best 40 bucks i ever spent in my life :)

I play GT2 on my Dreamcast using Bleem.

I've been playing GT2 more since I found out you can unlock the CLK-GTR using a Gameshark. Bad news is you can't use Gameshark codes with Bleem. And you know Dreamcast only costs $49.99 now.

I still play GT2 every single day and love it like when i first got. Of course GT3 RULZ but i don't got a PS2. Here's one of my favorite cars ever!!!!!!!

Attachments

• viper_gtsr2.jpg
    viper_gtsr2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 12
Originally posted by Viper2
I still play GT2 every single day and love it like when i first got. Of course GT3 RULZ but i don't got a PS2. Here's one of my favorite cars ever!!!!!!!
SWEET pic

After I got GT3, I've played GT2 once...and I just couldn't go on 'cause the graphics was so bad compared to GT3! Cars looked ugly

Originally posted by Tigra
After I got GT3, I've played GT2 once...and I just couldn't go on 'cause the graphics was so bad compared to GT3! Cars looked ugly

:lol:

Yeah, I know what you mean...I think GT3's controls are much smoother and more responsive, too.

Back