Who thinks that games(mainly GT games) should be released in US, THEN japan?

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 23 comments

Where should they be released first?

• USA!

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Japan

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I don't care as long as I get it eventually...

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Personally, I understand that they want to fix all of the glitches before they release to the US, thus using the Japanise as kinda test people, but still, if they could have *Beta* versions, not demos, but full games, just not the *complete* version, released in the US before Japan, I'd be much happier.
Oh, btw, I'm not racist about them, I just don't think that we should always wait for them. I mean, first, it was the 8bit NES system, then SNES, then PSX, and now PS2? Come on, the only things that come out in the US before Japan(if it's even released in japan), is the *X-BOX*?

Many games are created in Japan for the Japanese market by Japanese Game designers (Almost all RPG's, GT3, and lot's more) So I wouldn't hold your breath. Games made in the US market (Like many Xbox games) will come out here first though. But if you own a PS2, or Gamecube, or Sega (who doesn't count anymore) you are out of luck. Japan isn't the test market it's just where most of the things we play come from.

I want that all the gamepublishers wouldn't see europe as some unimportant little continent. Everything on the games area is last in europe. They release the new consoles a half year after they release it in US or Azia. The Xbox is released 2 days ago, and the gamecube comes in May. Thesame with games. I hope they will think about europe a bit sooner in the future

Yep Europe gets everything last, and considering the game makers are in Japan they should get their games before the US. My question is why should the US get them all before Europe considering most of them are made in Japan......

Almost all the consoles and games are created in Japan. The XBox by Microsoft is the first big console to be domestic to the United States.

The United States will continue to be second in game release dates because it is the largest market outside of Japan. Europe, no matter how many 'gamers' you think you have, pails in comparison to the US's ability to blow money on video games.

Horribly uneducated posts ...

~LoudMusic

Originally posted by LoudMusic
Almost all the consoles and games are created in Japan. The XBox by Microsoft is the first big console to be domestic to the United States.

The United States will continue to be second in game release dates because it is the largest market outside of Japan. Europe, no matter how many 'gamers' you think you have, pails in comparison to the US's ability to blow money on video games.

Horribly uneducated posts ...

~LoudMusic

Actually it's the largest game market, Japan is the largest per capita (meaning that they buy only slightly less than the US in terms of Systems and games despite having a much smaller population)

Heres some old stats when the PS2 had only 20 million sold (up to 28 now)

PlayStation2 Cumulative Shipment by Territory (as of October 9, 2001)
Japan (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.)
6.86 million units (release date: March 4, 2000)

North America (Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.)
8.55 million units (release date: October 26, 2000)

Europe/PAL (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited)
4.63 million units (release date: November 24, 2000)

That's the stat for all of Europes Countries combined. I couldn't find the article on Gamespot, but I remember reading that some countries had only 200 consoles at launch...

Originally posted by Tom McDonnell
That's the stat for all of Europes Countries combined. I couldn't find the article on Gamespot, but I remember reading that some countries had only 200 consoles at launch...

Keep in mind some countries aren't as big as some of our states, which probably didn't get that many consoles (:

~LoudMusic

Yes, but at the release of the PS2 in europe, Sony send an amount of playstations that they wer sold out within a couple of hours. Then it took weeks before they send another load. By then many people were dissappointed and decided not to buy one

Same thing happened in America with the release date, Sony released only a few for various marketing purposes.... just I can't think of anyone who didn't expect this and was frustrated by it.

Actually, in my area. All PS2s were sold out before the release date so they couldn't even be bought on that date. I waited a few months to get my set.

Originally posted by made in holland
Yes, but at the release of the PS2 in europe, Sony send an amount of playstations that they wer sold out within a couple of hours. Then it took weeks before they send another load. By then many people were dissappointed and decided not to buy one

Anybody remember the launch in USA?
Everything sold out within about 20 minutes or so of each store opening! People CAMPED!
I'm not saying that there aren't places in Europe where they didn't do this, but Americans, we just like to sit on our asses all day or play something like real football, not this little 'football' where you can't tackle anybody.*no offence*

An ignorant American,
rjensen11

Originally posted by rjensen11

Anybody remember the launch in USA?
Everything sold out within about 20 minutes or so of each store opening! People CAMPED!
I'm not saying that there aren't places in Europe where they didn't do this, but Americans, we just like to sit on our asses all day or play something like real football, not this little 'football' where you can't tackle anybody.*no offence*

An ignorant American,
rjensen11

Actually I played a little game called Rugby in college which is quite popular in other countries. Football (Which I played at one point as well) has nothing on Rugby... of that I am sure.
I dislocated my shoulder 4 times in one game (Actually, the other team noticed what happened, and took advantage of the opportunity.) I also saw a guy on my team have his left ear ripped halfway off. He took a bandana off of a spectator and tied it taught, resuming play. And at the end of each game, no matter what happened on the field, we would drink with the other team in a local bar.
And while I realize that there are injuries in football, pretty much 99% of the time they are taking massive painkillers to stay in the game. And don't even get me started on the topic of all that padding...

Give blood.... Play Rugby. :blackeye:

Yes europe does get screwed when it comes to games. Thats what turns me to piracy. (cheap fast games months before anyone else) But I always buy an origional GT

Oh boo hoo - try living in Australia, where stuff gets here...eventually. I guess they have a little guy in a rowboat or something.

Hey Vatman, is it true that GTA3 is no longer sold in Australia? Or did they change it so it's less violent? Oh, btw, I don't mean changing some guns like the pistol into a boomerange(no offence, if you get any, just throw it back at the fact I can't spell)

Originally posted by rjensen11
Hey Vatman, is it true that GTA3 is no longer sold in Australia? Or did they change it so it's less violent? Oh, btw, I don't mean changing some guns like the pistol into a boomerange(no offence, if you get any, just throw it back at the fact I can't spell)

No offence, just don't call my billabong a jumbuck. :D

GTA3 has come back onto the market with modifications made to the game to enable it to be rated MA15+.

I've not read any detail on what changes were made to do this. As I merrily test drove a car down the footpath in the MA15+ version, running down scores of pedestrians, the game didn't seem appreciably different to my technically illegal version. But, having read the reasoning behind the RC (Refused Classification) decision, that wasn't the issue - much of the Office of Film & Literature Classification's concern revolved around the treatment of women in the game (specifically the ability to use prostitutes to boost health, and then to kill and rob them - and the fact that they looked a lot like the girlfriend from the bank robbery cut scenes) so I imagine the changes revolved around that element of gameplay.

Can't we all just get along? lol

I'd be quite cool with seein' a simultaneous release... Let us share in our enjoyment all at the same time. Unless you want to give to Canadians exclusively so we can take them away on our dogsleds back to our igloos

Back