Votes: 14 41.2%
  • 975 hp stage 4 turbo tuned GT-One road car

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • 945 hp stage 4 turbo tuned, race modified Jaguar XJ220

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 809 hp race modified TVR speed 12

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Which of these high powered cars would win?
Lets say it would be a 5 race series with a variety of different courses that way all areas of performance, not just speed but handeling and stability, would be addresed. :confused:

Post your ideas :)

The GT-ONE rulz in GT-2. It has it all. Brutal speed, handles like it's on rails. The closest competitor is the R390-GT1 Nissan.

Yes but the GT-One road car is even quicker with a stage 4 turbo in it. If the suspension settings are set right you can have all the control you want and still not lose speed. :)

I think the GT-One would beat the Escudo excpet for one problem; it seems to take forever (compared to many other race specials) to get to 70-80mph. The Escudo is at 120+ in the same amount of time.

Then again, I haven't fiddled around as much with the GT-One's gears and LSD; except for the Test Course records. Maybe it is possible, but the "slowdown" feels more like turbo lag than wheelspin.

At very high speeds (over 230mph), the GT-One feels more secrure and is indeed faster in the top-end. But not by much; the Drag 180SX is rather close to it.

The Jaguar is stable, but the penalty is it's weight disadvantage. Not that 2500 pounds is too much, but the other weigh 1700-2000 lbs. The extra 500 is a trade-off of about 150-200hp.

The Speed 12; well, as I said before, it's a challenge. But when you have that thing flying through turns; my god, it must be like what ground-effect GP cars were doing in the early-1980's. No matter how fast you're going, you don't need to lift off until you reach a hairpin!

Assuming that very good drivers with about equal abilitys are doing this, I'd have to say:

1) Escudo: just because it's got everything that each of the others lacks. Light weight, tons of acceleration, stability, and can be tuned to handle great.

2) GT-ONE/Speed 12, tie: The GT-ONE is great, but acceleration is bad, considering the other cars here. The Speed 12 has very good acceleration, but you have to be extremely careful to not spin out, therefore you will run slower laps than you could. Depending on the track, these two would be on each other's tails the whole time.

3) XJ220: It's just too heavy. Unless the driver is vastly superior to the other 3 drivers, this one will come in dead last, by quite a bit. (It's a shame really, this is one of my favorites)

Yeah youre right about the escudo I think PD gave it to much of an advantae over every other car in the game. its a shame cause it looks like sh** and its suppossed to be a hill climber not a road car

I dont have gt2, but does the escudo handle at all in gt2, because in gt3 it steers like a log, u may as well through out the steering wheel.

Well, it does understeer quite a bit in GT2, but 2 things will fix that:

1) Tune it, it's not like you can't mess with the settings (many people seem to have forgetten about that...) :rolleyes:

2) Just remember you're going 230 at the end of the straight and not 150, and brake accordingly.

The Escudo. The other cars couldn't keep up with that car. But is there a disadvantage with the Escudo? I still like driving it but there might be a disadvantage in it.

the escudo handles well if you know how to wallride. you can carry 300kmh around the off camber corner at red rock valley.

just adjust the negative toe on the front end, it handles well.

I think too many peolple rely on the escudo. If they took it out of GT, too many people would cry about it. It shouldnt be used as a road car. may lightning strike me if i ever see it in JGTC

Originally posted by ImportRacer
I think too many peolple rely on the escudo. If they took it out of GT, too many people would cry about it. It shouldnt be used as a road car. may lightning strike me if i ever see it in JGTC

i dont think it int there because i already lookede. i also agree with you on that. there are many other cars that can be tuned not to have as much horsepower but acan handle as good or better than it.

i dont think it int there because i already lookede. i also agree with you on that. there are many other cars that can be tuned not to have as much horsepower but acan handle as good or better than it.

i can't stand escudos. they're fugly, sound dumb, and they're just too much. c'mon, 981 horsies, 2 engines, and the thing still weighs nothing. i've only used it once, for an endurance race - its good for doing those when you don't have much time....

I don't know, I think it would be pretty close, but the escudo and the GT1 one are diferent cars and would win at differant things.

GT1 rocks and would kick just about anythings ass in justa bout any race!!! period. Its is a super car it handles great and has wads of power
:mad: :mad: :mad:

It won't. A 981 hp car wouldn't be allowed in the JGTC, especially with the new rules. In GT2 the JGTC cars had around 700 hp, and they had 490-500 hp in GT3. A Cultus Pikes Peak -might- skirt by the power limit used by the JGTC in 1999 (the year that the GT2 JGTC cars date from)

Originally posted by Joey
i can't stand escudos. they're fugly, sound dumb, and they're just too much. c'mon, 981 horsies, 2 engines, and the thing still weighs nothing. i've only used it once, for an endurance race - its good for doing those when you don't have much time....

That's nothing compared to the single-engined Escudo from GT3. You can slap a Stage 4 turbo on it to give it 1772 hp!

uh, i've played this game more hours than i want to admit, and the escudo really does rule the road in GT2, you have to change the suspension settings and put supersoft tires on it, but i tune everything anyway....its only competition is the gt-one roadcar, and then only on certain courses that put a premium on handling, and even then it's very close (lol, but my gameshark hybrids smoke 'em both)

Back