who's for jumps...?

• Thread starter g.money
  • 36 comments
SevenYearsDead
nobody seems to have mentioned the jumps at all- ever...

...would you like to see a return of the jumps from the original GT, like the one on the back straight at Trial Mountain, or before the second hairpin at Grand Valley (that one was a b***h!!)

...maybe as a switchable option, or only in arcade mode, but I for one kinda miss 'em.

Your thoughts...........? :cool:

Originally posted by g.money
nobody seems to have mentioned the jumps at all- ever...

...would you like to see a return of the jumps from the original GT, like the one on the back straight at Trial Mountain, or before the second hairpin at Grand Valley (that one was a b***h!!)

...maybe as a switchable option, or only in arcade mode, but I for one kinda miss 'em.

Your thoughts...........? :cool:

Well, the goal of GranTurismo is to be realistic. How realistic are jumps? I'm asking because I honestly don't know. I wouldn't think there are very many places in real world racing where the car intentionally leaves the ground. Except in rally (:

~LoudMusic

I wholeheartedly agree- but how many people here are talking about hybrids? A Miata with 3gajillion horsepower or an RUF that can eclipse lightspeed with its 6 engines and Skyline suspension etc? Realism.....? :rolleyes:

that's why I said switchable on/off- so you can have them for multiplayer, or just for a laugh, or to actually add an extra edge to the race. The jumps are still in Seattle, they're just crap, that's all... :D

I wholeheartedly agree- but how many people here are talking about hybrids? A Miata with 3gajillion horsepower or an RUF that can eclipse lightspeed with its 6 engines and Skyline suspension etc? Realism.....? :rolleyes:

that's why I said switchable on/off- so you can have them for multiplayer, or just for a laugh, or to actually add an extra edge to the race. The jumps are still in Seattle, they're just crap, that's all... :D

Yeah, I agree about the switchable aspect. I've always said that any feature should be an option. That way it has the ability to appeal to more people.

~LoudMusic

Maybe, but not too many in a row. Because then it'll get hard to control the car. Like in Seattle. If you're oversteering and fly off a jump, you're screwed and it'll take a bit of a while to get back on track.

no, I know. I meant one or two strategically- placed jumps that could cause a BIT of trouble, but not like the stupid steps in Seattle...

Nutter.

You get given a great racing game and some lunatic wants to put speed bumps in it. :shakehead What goes on in your head? No... don't answer, probably some unspeakable act involving 6' miners dressed in ginger cat outfits and DS2 controllers!!! :eek:

:D

bored on Friday night, were you? Wife had a headache? Barred from your local after doing burnouts in the car park in your Trueno? Victim of Thursday's annual Badger-baiting tournament (Kent division)...? :rolleyes:

bored on Friday night, were you? Wife had a headache? Barred from your local after doing burnouts in the car park in your Trueno? Victim of Thursday's annual Badger-baiting tournament (Kent division)...? :rolleyes:
Yep, lost again! ...bugger... :( Oooh, if only I had a Trueno, all my Max Power mates would be green! I'll have to make do with my 75bhp Vauxhall Nova with a dustbin tailpipe and white Weller wheels to woo my fat bird! :D

I was a bit off me head on Friday - I've been trying to track down some of my posts... not good! ;) :D

:D :D :D I've already seen them..... :cheers:
emails today... "axletramp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled this..." or "axletramp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled that..." :odd:you stalking me...? :lol:

:D :D :D I've already seen them..... :cheers:
emails today... "axletramp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled this..." or "axletramp has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled that..." :odd:you stalking me...? :lol:
I can't help it in, shall we say 'states of vagueness' :balloon: , I find that ginger cat just sooooo sexy! :inlove: Hang on a minute, I keep getting emails like "g.money has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to..." :rolleyes:

How's the ****e computer? :P hehe

...still exactly the same. On my breaks I use one outside in the "cybercafe" area in the canteen. Not much better, really. full of crumbs...

Don't you hate it when you have to use someone else's workstation and the mouse is all sweaty and sticky... :yuck:

...and am I the only person who cleans their monitor!!! :confused:

Anyway, anyone for jumps...? :)

If realism is so paramount, why the steps in seattle? And if jumps aren't found in real tracks you obviously haven't seen the Nordschliffe circuit :D I think that while a jump outright is too much, a crest where your car goes light or takes off slightly would add to the challenge. Anyway AT, you think you got it bad in computers, I have to put up with a machine that has been ripped apart by the lower school. Hell knows what is on some of the mouses!

bet your GSA's suspension would LOVE those jumps, eh? Wouldn't even notice them, your floaty car would just g-l-i-d-e over them without a flutter... :rolleyes:

A journey made a little uncomfortable by all the puke swilling around on the floor... :D

Originally posted by mr_pushrod
And you can get all your farmyard friends in as well. Wipe down surfaces too in case of any mess ;) :D
Trust Noah eh? Two giraffes, two foxes, two suicide bombing badgers... :shakehead

stupid.jpg

now can we get back on track, please? :rolleyes:

How many speed bumps and traffic pasifiers should be in GT3. Perhaps traffic lights, level crossings, week bridges, school zones and contra-flows could be included. We've already got the cones! :D

Whadya think? ;)

Back