• 9 comments

Josh

Silent Army
Staff Emeritus
United States
South Carolina
I can't seem to find out why...?

Am I the only one with this problem?

When using an AT in the F090/S, I'll be driving along, and I'll let off the gas in...let's say 3rd gear...It shifts fine from 3rd to second, but from 2nd to 1st the rear tires lock up, and start to smoke until it comes screeching to a stop.

I don't have this problem with a MT, or in any of the other F1 cars we have.

Is this just happening to me? Is there anything I can do to stop it from doing this? Any and all help appreciated.

It's kind of a pain in the ass going around turns w/out breaking, but by letting off the gass, and having the rear end break lose because the tires lock up on me...

This will happen when you shift into first gear when you are going too fast.  I always use the manual.  And I never shift lower than second, unless I come to a complete stop.  because that is like using the parking brake.  So you are not the only one, but it is not a problem for me.

THANKS! Thanks man, I usually only use MT, but occasionally I use the Auto T.  Thanks for explaining it to me. :smilewinkgrin:

Hey Josh, I have the answer to your problem.  It's something that real F1 teams use every day.  You see, as you apply the brakes, all of the weight is on the front tires.  That's where the brakes are the most used and the most effective...

Anyway, when all the weight shifts toward the front tires, it leaves the ones in the back with a very light load.  The brakes, which don't know about this, are then applying just as much pressure to the brake pads as the ones in front.  But obviously, the rear wheels are much easier for the brakes to slow down/stop, and therefore can do it much faster than the ones in front.

The solution?  Simply change the brake balancing to 60% in the front, and 40% in the back (or somewhere around that.  60/40 is what most real F1 cars use, but it may need to be different in the game).  That way, the rear brakes aren't pressing nearly as hard, allowing the wheels to keep spinning and gripping you through the turn.

This game's more realistic than you thought, eh?  :D

Quote: from Jordan on 7:06 pm on July 30, 2001[br]This game's more realistic than you thought, eh?  :D

You could say that.. :D

Thanks for ALL of that info Jordan. :thumbsup:

Back