Why do you drift?

• Thread starter SpeedD3mon
  • 129 comments
Just self explanitory (Nothing technical)... is it the Thrill? To show off your skills? Tackle every corner with great confidence? whats your main motivation for drifting? :)

BTW, I recommend RX7 D1GP for beginner drifters (just incase if any are reading this)

Sanjko
do you have a pic of that car are no how does it look like.
cwest-front2.jpg

Looks like that with different head lights. Its DP FALKEN RX7 D1GP, you can get it by finishing one of the championships or races in the professional events. I think it was the turbo event but i dont remember which one exactly (sorry :nervous: ).

I initially started drifting because I was bored of plain/normal racing. Along with the fact of boredom, I also like the feeling of going sideways (especially after I tried it on a real car, you get hooked). All this... and Initial D... Alright, Initial D and R/C Cars, I used to drift my TB-01.

i like it cause you have to concentrate so much, even more so than racing on a track. drifting a track requires so much car control because you're already driving out of control? i can race around a track hardly even paying attention to the tv but if im drifting i have to be really fixed the whole time. listening to the tires, revs always on edge watching for any unexpected twitch or slide that i need to adjust to.

because I love the cars and the people involved(im talking both in gt4 and in real life).
it's something fun and very exciting to do and essentially its the hardest abuse you can do to your car.

need I say more?

Its challenging and hard to learn at first but there are levels need to over come, I do it because I like it and instead of spending money to do it in real life, Ill do it in GT4 plus...Im trying to sell my Suv for a car...

i do it just for the sheer enjoyment. i think the most time i have spent in a day drifting in gt4 is 12 hours. i dont make videos or save replays but i just love every second of it for no other reason than just to drift.

Why do i drift? well it all started....i drift cause its boring gas brake downshift turn wheel gas upshift,all through out the course, drifting i dont really need to step on the brake i can just cruise throughout some of the courses...drifting is also cool to watch seeing a car go in at a hairpin and go sideways out the corner...just looks abnormal,haha :drool:

icandriftbetter
and most important if you do it right its faster
i think not. do a search. drift will never be the fastest way around a corner.

i drift because you gain skill in car control, but also because its fun, and entertaining.

Drifting in GT4 alows you to see how the car responds when sideways, it also teaches you how to control the car, PLUS: also thrill!!

you can drift faster in a specific corner but not all corner

anyway I drift because it's the easier way to take over a car from outside and a faster way to enter a corner (even though it's slow on the exit)

extreme car
you can drift faster in a specific corner but not all corner

anyway I drift because it's the easier way to take over a car from outside and a faster way to enter a corner (even though it's slow on the exit)
if you guys are doing this again , I suggest taking it on Aim or msn

haah drifting a tb-01 I did that too! I entered the rally class up in the Canadian TCS haha. Then I moved onto drifting my ta04 and my tg10. That's how I started now I like it because not many people can do it properly and it looks frikkin great lol

One reason. Fun. It's the same reason I "grip" drive.

Back