why does everyone call the b-spec driver bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicknames with alliteration tend to stick better than ones without.

Also, almost everyone here who plays/played GT4 frequented this forum shortly after the release of GT4, so when the nickname first appeared it got around quickly.

Also, I think computer names tend to be very short and simple. There was Hal in 2001: A Space Odyssey. There's a conversation AI you can talk to called Alice. Microsoft Windows comes with a built-in computerized voice named Sam, while the Macintosh OS's first voice was named Fred. I'm sure there are a lot more examples. Short, simple names are just the easiest to remember. It's hard enough keeping track of the names of all the people you know, imagine if computers also had long and unusual names!

My B-spec driver is called Sharon. At least, I think she is. She may have given me a false name when I hired her...

I fit Wolfe2x7's example perfectly, i only started calling my b-spec driver 'Bob' after it was mentioned so many times on GTP.

Automobile
Maybe he's called Bob because he never says anything. Perhaps he thinks actions speak louder than words. :)

Or inaction, as the case may be...

My B-spec buddy dosen't have a name. By the way he drives, he dosen't deserve a licence either. When he's on the 'Ring, he's like a blind man in a slaughter house. :ouch:

It's just a GTPlanet thing. I never called mine "Bob" before GTP, but you know, once you've heard it, it kind of sticks. :lol:

I'm thinking of renaming mine "Dubya" (flamefest! flamefest!)... he doesn't drive worth beans, but he makes me a hell of a lot of money.

I don't call him bob. In fact, because so many people do, I flatly refuse to. lol

I typically don't refer to it by a name, but I have called it the Stig before, since it seems to fit - tame racing driver, good at being consistent, not real bright, never says anything, etc.

Granted, it's nowhere near as good as the Stig, but with about 7700 points now, it's finally starting to not suck all the time.

There's not a B-spec alive.. er programmed that compare to The Stig. Call him what he is, Medicore Man. Hey, now I have a name for my B-spec! :D

I call her B-spec Betty. "B" for boobs and no brains.

My apologies to any female members. I'm just joking.

I never call the B-spec driver anything since I don't consider it worthy of a name. My B-spec drivers have been pretty good when given the right car and gearing.

I call him Driver, Chauffer, Pilot, Conductor, Chief & ****er (Only when he drives bad)

I personally think many people call him that because it's a well known, short and easy to say name, that is also helped by "B-Spec" beginning with a "B"

Mine is called Ol' Unrealiable. I should never let this guy drive when I'm in another room again. He always screws up somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back