Why don't we do classic cars?

• Thread starter skip0110
  • 14 comments
United States
Worcester, MA
skip0110
I remember in a previous post someone said that classic cars have no potential. I think they do, and i chopped a classic (68?) camaro to prove it. Everything is scratch-made, except the rims (obviously).
original:
Chevrolet-Camaro-Classic-003_sm.jpg

chopped:
Chevrolet-Camaro-Classic-004.jpg

Does anyone else think there should be some variation in the weekly chops, older/newer cars. For example, a think an 80's 5.0 Mustang also has great chop possibilites.

Actually, that's a 1969 Camaro.
The '68 had the vent windows and a different grille.
But your chop is very nice. I'd drive it on the streets of "beautiful downtown" Leavenworth.

thanks for the compliment (and correction) gil. and initial racing, i'm not trying to put down japanese cars--i drive a civic myself, and i love it. I just thought that it would add some varaiton to the weekly comps, not to mention that it seems we've done almost exclusively euro/japanese cars (yes, i know that we're doing a mustang right now).

I've received that suggestion before. The reason i don't do older cars so much is that not everyone has what it takes to do them. Remember the muscle car competitions? They didn't go very far, because, to someone just starting out, there's not a whole lot you can do. And, you'll agree with me, there are a lot of people just starting out on here.

I do have a few tricks up my sleeve regarding the weekly PSCs, so stay tuned, as they say on TV. :lol:

Originally posted by PunkRock
Remember the muscle car competitions? I do have a few tricks up my sleeve regarding the weekly PSCs, so stay tuned, as they say on TV. :lol:

sorry if i brough up somthing that's already been hashed out before..i'm relatively new here. cant wait for these "tricks", though.

well, another--this time a fox mustang. If i were to guess on the year, i'd say 86. again, everythig is hand made. i'm not too happy on how the front skirt and cowl hood came out, though.
original:

mustang_cobra_1_sm.jpg

chopped:
mustang_cobra_2.jpg

I've received that suggestion before. The reason i don't do older cars so much is that not everyone has what it takes to do them. Remember the muscle car competitions? They didn't go very far, because, to someone just starting out, there's not a whole lot you can do. And, you'll agree with me, there are a lot of people just starting out on here.

those were sad. there were two entries per week, mine and someone elses (when someone else participated) and they were fairly simple. Id love to see them coming back, but maybe the same thing will happen again and again. hey, skip, if you wanna do some muscle battle or something even weekly, count me in :D again.

Cano

id participate in something like that, i like muscle cars more than the other stuff anyday, ill support you guys all the way:tup:

There was only one mainly successful competition, the one with the Viper.

But it sorta fell apart after Week 5.

New cars are ugly and need change, where'as muscle cars are already perfect.:cool:

Originally posted by Cano
those were sad. there were two entries per week, mine and someone elses (when someone else participated) and they were fairly simple. Id love to see them coming back, but maybe the same thing will happen again and again. hey, skip, if you wanna do some muscle battle or something even weekly, count me in :D again.

Cano

Cano, why don't you host it, that is if you have time?:)

Cano: i'd be happy to do a musclecar comp, but I
a) don't have a good source for hi-res classic car pictures. I usually just do Google image search. Is there a better way?
b) Dont know if I have the time to make it a weekly thing but one time, definitely. Any suggestions for what car? I was thinking a 280ZX (not a musclecar, but classic in my opinion) or a GTO.

This is all I could find for the Z-car.

no, that picture wouldnt work well, its too low-res. bleh, OK, I WILL do a classic car competition. some time ago I made a poll asking if there was any interest, and it was. so, maybe it will be a little successfull. as long as there isnt my entry and anything else, I will of course do one :D

Cano

so, look for it at the photoshop competitions. I will take suggestions always. now, lez look for a decent image. oh, it wont be limited to muscle cars, we will do ANY kind of classic car, from a charger to a mercedes 300SL to a Ford Tempo, that is, if I can find a suitable picture.

Originally posted by skip0110
sorry if i brough up somthing that's already been hashed out before..i'm relatively new here. cant wait for these "tricks", though.

well, another--this time a fox mustang. If i were to guess on the year, i'd say 86. again, everythig is hand made. i'm not too happy on how the front skirt and cowl hood came out, though.
chopped:
mustang_cobra_2.jpg

Blech!!!!:yuck:
That car was ugly to begin with, why make it worse. Stick with beauty, not the '80's - '90's.

Back