Why drift?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are none, but people will argue till they are blue in the face.

I am special
Heh. Sticking to the racing line is the fastest way though.

uh oh....

/* Finds popcorn and sits down to watch the show */

Ya thats why you don't see F1 Drivers drift, they want the fastest line.

It's just a skill used to amaze friends.

Even though it's a video game, it looks cool, and when they try it and realize how hard it really is..

Yeah, you get props.

BlazinXtreme

Now that I would LOVE to see. "And in other news, Jean Todt has decided to take Ferrari F1 into a new direction as he has now ordered both of his drivers to DRIFT if they have opened up enough of a gap between them and the rest of the field!" :dopey: As for drift racing, just look at some of the videos like the one between Nobuken and Taniguchi! I would have to say that they are keeping a pretty good racing line despite their drifting an look at the speed they are moving at! :scared: There are clips in the link in my sig if you haven't seen what I'm talking about.

Meh someone should close this before it gets retarded

I think it would be cool to have a joke/rant thread in this sub-forum. It would let some of us unwind and others to complian without flooding other forums. I know that it might seem useless but I know that I have to rant sometimes like I did yesterday and a dedicated thread would help though it may be a bunch of wasted space! 👍

Slurp
It's just a skill used to amaze friends.

Even though it's a video game, it looks cool, and when they try it and realize how hard it really is..

Yeah, you get props.

Yeah, I know it's hard, and it does look good, but it's not the quickest way around at the end of the day. I must say though, you can still get really fast times drifting. I saw this video once of this Japanese guy driving this skyline around this race track. He drifted it all the way, at an insane speed. It was amazing. He was fast, yes, but not as fast as the racing line lap he did.

But anyway, I'll probably try my hand at drifting in this. MSR, PGR and PGR2 have given me good drifting practice.

Fun,Challanging and where does it say you have 2 race in GT??? its a driving simulator so I would think it would take in all aspects of the word driving??

BlazinXtreme
Meh someone should close this before it gets retarded

Agreed. Why is someone always trying to disturb the peace?

BlazinXtreme

For the last time you silly grippers its not about going fast!!! How is that so hard to understand! Its a form of expression, and about displaying your ability to control a car beyond the bounds of lateral adhesion.

Drifters (well most of us) don't drift in sim mode races. Obviously its slower. We do it only because we enjoy doing it. End of discussion.

~TankSpanker screams for Jordan to close the thread~

He asked if there were any benifits other then looking good, I told him no.

because its fun and cool...but i live on both sides of the spectrum.....Grip the lines in a race....and then let it slide for free time

ok so its not gonna be helpful when you wanna win a race, but thats not what its for. although i did drift some of the early races in gt3 in a camaro :D but only because i could easy beat em. and anyway driftings fun 👍

i only drift in a race if im serious behind or way ahead...

Or if im confident enough to drift snywhere..just to look good

Why Grip? Besides the fact that it's faster, what are the benefits?

Sounds kinda dumb doesn't it?

Swift
Why Grip? Besides the fact that it's faster, what are the benefits?

Sounds kinda dumb doesn't it?
Well, no, not really. It doesn't sound dumb at all, because it doesn't need any further justification in a race.

Nonetheless, I don't see this thread covering any territory that hasn't been covered already ad naseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back