Why is the Veyron undriveable?

• Thread starter Topsu
  • 152 comments
You can have precalculated values for damaged states. If the right side of the car takes damage, add some drag value to that side of the car to make it pull to the right, etc.

I'll repeat that I don't know for sure how GT works under the hood, I'm just extrapolating from what I know and what I've experienced from the games. If you have some knowledge of how it's actually computing forces, I'd be interested to know how it's actually being done. What you described so far though doesn't require real time fluid dynamics.
I seriously doubt PD coded where a car had damage when they couldn't even be bothered to make each panel a separate part on the standard cars , and I doubt they even calculate how severe the damage is . Deformation would cause severe drag based on how the blob deformed .

Aero is a complex thing. So many people think airplane wings push them up rather than the physics that says they are pulled up so it's always gone be contentious.
It's actually both, the underside pressure contributes to lift just like the upperside of the wing, and both deflect air downward in the creation of lift to satisfy conservation of momentum.
I seriously doubt PD coded where a car had damage when they couldn't even be bothered to make each panel a separate part on the standard cars , and I doubt they even calculate how severe the damage is . Deformation would cause severe drag based on how the blob deformed .
Those two things are separate. You need to break down the car into panels to model visual damage because those panels get swapped out with new ones, or are deformed visually. The damage to the cars performance can be simpler since there isn't a visual component.

It drives fine now, even maxed out at over 1100 hp using the high RPM Turbos:
Bugati Veyron 16.4 '13 - 700PP - Racing Hard tires - All Track - 1.32

Wide Body

Rims 20" 21" - Rim Width Wide - Offset Wide
Front A - Side St - Wing Custom

Le Mans FM6 for 3 laps 3:58 short shifting.
A real beaast on Nordschleife , it's a big surprise for me , so grippy , so fast and easy.... I've just bought this car first to complete my cafe tickets and win an free engine. Even stock the car is performant on Tokyo on Sport hard . Very different as in the precedents GT.

View attachment 1256551View attachment 1256552View attachment 1256553View attachment 1256554

>((((°>°°°°°°

Enjoy your drive.

Latest Posts

Back