Why no reverse version of some tracks?

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 5 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1
Just a little thought while playing the arcade mode the other day.

Most notable ones include Super Speedway, Test Course and Laguna Seca. Some rally tracks also doesn't have the reverse version (I don't remember which).

Did PD forgot to program the reverse version when GT2 was rushed to the market or is it due to licensing issues (in the case of Laguna Seca)?

It would be fun if we could drive the corkscrew backwards (which I think would be REALLY difficult) or just go around the Test Course the other way with banked corners going to the right (although it would make no difference at all I think)...

Hope this will be an interesting topic :)

Whats the point of doing an oval course reverse? lol. I think that the boards (excluding the oval tracks) exist in real life so doing certain boards in reverse is only possible when you drive the wrong way. I do enjoy doing laguna seca backwards more than forwards.

Just a little thought while playing the arcade mode the other day.

Most notable ones include Super Speedway, Test Course and Laguna Seca. Some rally tracks also doesn't have the reverse version (I don't remember which).

Did PD forgot to program the reverse version when GT2 was rushed to the market or is it due to licensing issues (in the case of Laguna Seca)?

It would be fun if we could drive the corkscrew backwards (which I think would be REALLY difficult) or just go around the Test Course the other way with banked corners going to the right (although it would make no difference at all I think)...

Hope this will be an interesting topic :)

The same thought occured to me a couple years back.

Laguna Seca (in real life) never runs races in a reverse direction from what I've been told by another member here at GT Planet awhile back. The owners of LS made sure in their contract with Polyphony Digital that GT races in the game would not be run in reverse.

Oval Courses: like TuneRVision said, there's no point in running these backwards...it takes no additional skill so it seems kinda pointless to use more game memory to run reverse on these tracks.

Last edited:
No real life track in any GT game has a reverse version. Reverse versions are only available for the tracks PD designed.

No real life track in any GT game has a reverse version. Reverse versions are only available for the tracks PD designed.

Right. And since Grindelwald, Rome, and Seattle aren't actual tracks they can run these reversed...

Whats the point of doing an oval course reverse? lol.

ROFL, sry, I just found that too funny too.
lol.gif

Back