Why we NEED the Isle of Man TT course

• Thread starter James2097
  • 22 comments
Full (crazy) 19min lap featuring "strapped to the rocket" cam
Very educational for those who didn't really know about this course very much before seeing this vid (like me). I'd always known it was (supposedly) a brilliant and insane course on par with the Nurburgring, but this removes all doubt. :scared: 👍

Amazing coverage of the 2005 race, really gets across the sheer insanity and speed
A very real question starts to form in my mind... Is the Nurburgring for pussies? These guys certainly aren't showing any limp wristed tendencies, they sure have to hang on!

Have fun learning this wonderful course, you'll quickly realise why Tourist Trophy NEEDS the Isle of Man in the next iteration. :dopey:

Enjoy,

Jms2097

Awesome track, I was watching it on TV last year.

UKers haven't even got the game yet!

Well, until TT gets the track in the game, you can get a pretty fun experience riding on it in TT Superbikes. Second best bike game to TT IMO.

GTRacer4
Awesome track, I was watching it on TV last year.

UKers haven't even got the game yet!

Me neither!

Oh, I'm just watching the 2nd vid properly, it turns out it's some really well put together TV coverage of the whole race, even gives some nice historical footage at the start... I'd just skipped through it initially... it turns out to be much more entertaining than I'd thought!

Btw, Superbikes: Riding Challenge looks to be a really promising bike game... http://www.bhmotorsports.com/SBRC
Made by the same folks as that old Superbikes game that was really well recieved... You guys much check out the trailer you can get to from that link^^^ They say "No TOURISTS, only TROPHIES!"

They must be pretty confident in their product then, eh.... ;)

I'd love to have the TT course in Tourist Trophy, they should add it in as an extra to the PAL game!

Great track PD must put this track in the next game it will be fun to race with bike and cars. But learning this track must take forever. And I thought The Ring was long. I just hope they don't use the whole track for a license test.

I can see it now fail test by half a second you'll be ready to hang yourself.

[empty space]
considering neither have any run off room ...

At least The Ring has some run-off area and race track kurbing. The TT has normal road kurbs and dry-stone walling and lamp posts as run-off!

I'd love to see the IOM in the next GT game, but mapping the real life circuit would take hundreds of man hours to do. Remember that this track is two and a half times bigger than the Nurbergring (37.5 miles!!)

It would be amazing. Especially if you could drive cars around there too.

DanVitale
I'd love to see the IOM in the next GT game, but mapping the real life circuit would take hundreds of man hours to do. Remember that this track is two and a half times bigger than the Nurbergring (37.5 miles!!)

It would be amazing. Especially if you could drive cars around there too.

Jester Interactive done a good job of it for tt superbikes. all the buildings are the same as they are in real life, that game really gives good likeness to what it's like to go round there at insane speeds on superbikes in real life. Tourist Trophy would need to give you that on the ragged edge feel if they were too include the isle of man circuit and the way it plays now just wouldnt be that exciting to go round there in my opinion.

175 mph through one of those tiny little villages with building only feet away. I love it. I noticed the rider overshot a corner at about the 18:15 mark, but mananged to get it around the corner without dropping it.

I don't know the TT circuit very well. At about what time did the rider cross Ballaugh Bridge? And what other noteworthy spots on the track are there?

The Nurburgring is akin to the holy grail of tracks car enthusiasts want to drive on. The IOM is the same thing to motorcycle enthusiasts. However, I'm not sure the PS2 could handle that kind of detail with all the stuff already on the CD plus, I have read the PS2 is pretty much maxed out with GT4 and TT anyway.

However, as this is a bike game, I would have accepted the loss of the 'ring in favor of the IOM.

sir heavy foot
The Nurburgring is akin to the holy grail of tracks car enthusiasts want to drive on. The IOM is the same thing to motorcycle enthusiasts. However, I'm not sure the PS2 could handle that kind of detail with all the stuff already on the CD plus, I have read the PS2 is pretty much maxed out with GT4 and TT anyway.

However, as this is a bike game, I would have accepted the loss of the 'ring in favor of the IOM.
Ahemm, the IOMTT is already on the PS2. But the graphics don't hold a candle to the GT4/TT engine. I don't think Jester had the time or the resources to get the visuals any better. If they could load data while playing then they could just keep 12 miles of the track ahead of you loaded while paging the rest in/out of memory.
Bleh, what the hell do I know about the PS2 hardware I just play the damn thing.

sir heavy foot
However, I'm not sure the PS2 could handle that kind of detail with all the stuff already on the CD

But the next version of TT (assuming there is one) will almost assuredly be for the PS3.

martialstax
But the next version of TT (assuming there is one) will almost assuredly be for the PS3.

Looking at the latest demo - GTHD, it looks as if the next TT might just be intergrated into the next GT(5?)

What is the bike shown in the first video clip, does anyone know? It seems to be a sport 600 or something similar to it

Men and Motors show it every year when it starts, ususally a few weeks before it by showing past years clips of it....always crazy to watch them!

I also would like to have Isle of Man on TT. But they did a little more to the bikes. In TT you have to lean back to get a wheelie, but on the Suzuki game throws you back when tou hit the throttle. Hate to say it but Suzuki TT has an edge on bike realism than TT in that department.

:D Awesome video! Phew... my heart was in my mouth at times watching that video, especially on one hill where the front of the bike went up at 160mph! Man that guy has balls of steel, and yeah, TT needs that track asap!

Edit: BTW, how long is the TT course in miles?

magburner
:D Awesome video! Phew... my heart was in my mouth at times watching that video, especially on one hill where the front of the bike went up at 160mph! Man that guy has balls of steel, and yeah, TT needs that track asap!

Edit: BTW, how long is the TT course in miles?

37.73 if I remember correctly

Latest Posts

Back