Why?

How come PD didn't make it so we can tune each corner separately. We should be able to tune each spring rate and damper settings for each corner. This would also eliminate any need to mess with adding ballast weight as you can compensate for none 50:50 weight ratios (including corner weight ratios) by adjusting each corner separately. I really think it should have been included, though I guess there are other things that should have been included in the game. I guess I can only hope they'll include it in GT5.

Kremithefrog
How come PD didn't make it so we can tune each corner separately. We should be able to tune each spring rate and damper settings for each corner. This would also eliminate any need to mess with adding ballast weight as you can compensate for none 50:50 weight ratios (including corner weight ratios) by adjusting each corner separately. I really think it should have been included, though I guess there are other things that should have been included in the game. I guess I can only hope they'll include it in GT5.
Corners are made of concrete and cannot be tuned :sly:

yes, being able to test various settings in ultra-fast real time mode whereas it would set you up in a rolling approach to the corner in question, would be cool.

Umm that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about corners of the car. On real cars with full adjustable suspensions, you can adjust each corner separately. It should be that way in the game.

Ahh, but that is when they would go to far. See there is a general public out there that does not understand / have the dedication to tune or want that much cusomization in the game. To some people it would just confuse or annoy, I think its ok how it is :indiff:

hm... i think it would be fun. Adjusting individual spring rates... but then you would have to go into the tire pressure and such. Next thing you know you will spend more time tuning your car for one race, run it. Then spend 3 hours retuning for the next race.

When I tune a car, other than gear settings, I leave it the same on all courses. I just get a good overall setup. But being able to tune each corner would be useful for this too. The average public that doesn't tune usually doesn't bother to change anything, so if a few extra options are offered, it wouldn't affect them. Since track temperatures aren't given, I don't think tire pressure is really needed. Yeah, changing tire pressure can affect handling (which I use in my real car to tune out too much oversteer), but suspension changes can do the same thing and they're already in the game.

Besides, you could always make it like a car with separate climate controls for driver and passenger - it can be set to slave both sides together automatically, or each side individually.

I imagine it's a possibility for GT5 on the PS3, which will have much more computing horsepower. It would be nice to cornerweight the cars.

Yeap. No reason to keep updating courses, modifications, etc. while leaving tuning limited. Maybe we can hope to tune the engines some as well. You know, get better torque curves, stuff like that.

I'd like to be able to adjust the fuel curves, and then if I go to lean hear it ping, or better yet, have a head fly through the hood when I hit the juice at 100mph.

I'm not being sarcastic either, that would be awesome!

I'd be happy with at least being able to see how much weight is represented on each end. it would make the initial suspension settings easier.

Back