Wierd Justice

• Thread starter Deathhawk
  • 13 comments
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=6016

BANNED FROM BICYCLE Wednesday 18th December

Potential thief outlawed from riding a bike in "Looking Suspicious" shocker

We hear today of another case of bizarre action being taken in the face of crime.

A Judge has imposed an Anti-Social Behaviour Order on 23 year old Daniel Wilson who has been accused of cycling around cars looking for things to steal. has been accused of using a push-bike to tour parked cars to see if he can steal from them.

In a ruling that's believed to be unique the man has been banned from riding a bike anywhere in Manchester until 2005! Police warned that if they saw him on a bike, he'd be arrested. He is also banned from walking in certain parts of the city unless he is accompanied by his mother or his sister.

The order was made despite Wilson not having been charged with any specific crime, but followed numerous complaints from residents who claimed to have seen him checking out their cars.

:odd:

:reallyodd: that sucks... the kid can't ride his bike. I could understand it if he actually did steal stuff though, but a city wide ban on him? :lol: Thats like saying "No, you can't have a gun."

Originally posted by gt2_gs
So? I mean anywhere. The law is retarted sometimes.

Its true.

You saying it's true doesn't make it true, but okay, I agree. Somewhere at some (or any) time anyplace, the law is "retarded." Fairly general.

Back