wierd occurance in GT4 race??????

i have had my fair share of rare occurances with the first 3 gran turismo's. but today i had my first obscurity with GT4. I was doing the special condition events Costa di Amalfi (reverse) "easy"....i started out on the first lap and on the first hair pin i hit the car infront of me causing him to slide out sideways...i got my 5 second penalty when i noticed the car i was racing was not passing me....so i just kept going and i was just about 3/4 of the first lap done when i looked at my mp and saw that the car i was racing was still in the same area from when i hit him...so on my second lap i approached the vehicle where i hit him on the first lap...the car was going from forward to reverse pinned horizontally against the two walls....i just parked the car and watched for about a minute...the odd thing was there was planty of room for this car to turn around....after i was done laughing watching this car act funny from when i hit him, i finished the race.....the only thing i can compare this occurance to is from GT2...one time i was racing with a skyline at midfield raceway, i tried to pit late and the car slid hard into the wall that seperated the pit area and the race track directly on the little sighn that said "pit". the car came to a complete stop and i tried to go into reverse and it was if i was surrounded by glass walls....the car could not go forward backwards or anyplace...i had to quit the race....this is the only thing that i can compare this GT4 rare event....anyone else have this happen? :indiff:

It's a very common occurence at the box turn in Costa d' Amalfi. Good way to get easy A-Spec if you hit him just right. Other places where this can happen are the chicane on the start/finish straight at Seattle (at least, in GT3 it did) and a box off in the gravel on El Cap. Basically, push any AI Car into a symmetrical box hard enough, and he can't get out.

As for your GT2 experience... it's one of those OOTEs... out of track experiences... there's a whole thread about them buried somewhere.

GT4 Freak
seen it no less than 20 times my friend! funny to watch!
happens mainly on rally tracks!
It can happen almost anywhere on Citta D'Aria aswell, and it's quite funny to watch unless the car blocks the entire track (i.e. the long narrow sections before and after the start finish straight). :D

Flat Tire and the support crew forgot to put the jack back after service. Car stopped due to driver not being able to change wheel. GT4 developers really did their homework on the Rally Stages.

My strangest ever occurence happened to me on GT2. I was racing in the turbo series races. I was on the test track (I prefer that test track compared to the ones now) well I got too high, up in one of the corners and the Mines Skyline R32 went underneath me. He hit me further up, where I went through the outside wall. Completely through. I carried on to see where I'd get to. It went to nothing. Just black. You could see the car, but the rest was just black. I looked at my speedo and it was reading 690kph. I turned around to head back to the track. I got back, but I couldn't get back onto the track, instead I drove over it, as if there were 2 stories to it and the floor of the second storey was made of glass. THAT was strange.

My second starngest occurence happened on GT1. I was just doing an arcade race, on Clubman Stage Route 5. It was the final lap, I was dueling for the lead. I geared down for the last corner, but it didn't register that I had done that. I came around the last corner, got the lead, as I was still carrying the momentum. I Got out of the corner and I had no acceleration. I was just bumbling along. I kept on trying to change gears, but nothing happened. I was driving an NSX.

I saw the occurance of AI cars standing at one spot driving against the wall several times in GT3, but never in GT4.
The only thing that has been a wierd happening in GT4, was when my Woodone Supra only could turn left on Suzuka (tried reconnecting the DFP and tried the DS2 and all the same). Took me some time to get into the pits, but that didn´t help, so I finally had to call it quits. And it was at the end of an endurance race too! :ouch:

i was racing a buch of fast cars (viper, zonda, etc) on fuji for a 15 lapper once, it was gettign toward the end and i was in second with the spyker in fron by a fair bit. he pitted and i only just managed to overtake, i thought i'd be in for a battle to the end (2 laps) with him but for some reason after exiting the pits he spen t the time speeding up and slowing down al over the place... i watched the replay and he'd be doing 50kph the floor it for about 5 secs then jam on the brakes even if there was no corner.... he did that for the entire 2 laps...
weird.

i dont know what you guys are doing to your game but yes it has also happend to me.

I have found a couple of GLITCHES in GT4. I bought the Fairlady Z 350Z & the 350Z soft top. i modified it went to test it out my PS2 locks up, Time after time. I Bought the NISMO version of the same car i add a stage 4 turbo go to test it out and No boost guage shows up on the screen, The VW beetle RSI, You cant by a turbo or supercharger but you can add an intercooler, & yes no boost guage again.

ONE MORE THING. The Jay lenos tank car is acctually powered by an M47 tank engine
900 + hp = 1560 lb/ft of torque. the engine it self weighs 4.2 tons added parts are hemi intake valves & 2 over head cams.

Back