[Wii U] Xenoblade Chronicles X - Stuck on a Different Planet

• Thread starter Wolfe
  • 67 comments
I really hope nobody is intending on downloading this game off the eStore.

Apparently with all live data-packs installed and the main install the game tops out at 64GB. :scared:

The data packs are an optional install to improve loading times for the disc version, but even the digital download itself is like 23GB or so. Not terribly practical if you lack an external HDD.

You can pick and choose the data packs from 2-10GB; I'm probably going to install the basic data pack and maybe the enemy data pack (2-5GB).

New JP trailer showing off some online multiplayer:

Looks like the cooperative missions will include a range of targets, not just gigantic bosses in arenas. Maybe you can chill with some friends and explore a bit in a four player party, after all?

That would be great fun, the planet looks so huge and vast. I really just hope it doesn't look totally empty.
New JP trailer showing off some online multiplayer:

Looks like the cooperative missions will include a range of targets, not just gigantic bosses in arenas. Maybe you can chill with some friends and explore a bit in a four player party, after all?

Time to get this thread back on its feet!

xcx thread bump.gif

Xenoblade Chronicles X will be released on December 4th, 2015.

Last edited:
Forty minutes of subtitled goodness and some Q&A with Tetsuya Takahashi on Treehouse Live:

So they have a lot of text in place, but they have not completed the voice acting yet and have more work left to do. The gameplay looks even more incredible with all the translated info providing context! :D

Triple bump for another preview from Treehouse Live, presenting a mission involving some investigative work, Skell combat, and the first footage of a cutscene with English voice acting (16:00). :)

After selling out on Amazon in something like three hours, the NA Special Edition is now live on Gamestop. I was a bit on edge after missing the first window for ordering it, but I got in this time.

It's finally time to sit back and buckle in. :D Did you order the EU Limited Edition, @Brend? I wish we were getting that map. :)

EDIT: Aaaand Gamestop's sold out. Looks like it lasted about eight hours. Sheesh.

Last edited:
After selling out on Amazon in something like three hours, the NA Special Edition is now live on Gamestop. I was a bit on edge after missing the first window for ordering it, but I got in this time.

It's finally time to sit back and buckle in. :D Did you order the EU Limited Edition, @Brend? I wish we were getting that map. :)
Its not out for pre-order yet here bro, waiting with baited breath though!

One month to go!

I beat the first game a couple days ago, so I'm all set for this! I only rushed it a little; there's plenty of stuff left to do, but I'm setting it aside to keep the gameplay fresh for diving into XCX. :)

8 hours in so far and loving it. Still trying to wrap my head round the game truth ne told but the fact I have played it for 8 hours and dont feel like ive done anything substantial shows how huge the game is. :lol:

Last night I spent an hour or two just wandering around Noctilum, heading deep into the continent and sneaking around indigens 10-30 levels above me, looking for FrontierNav sites to increase my survey percentage in preparation for the Chapter 6 requirements (I'm about to start Chapter 5). Ingenuity and skill in platforming really gets you places. PROTIP: Press "sprint" and tilt the stick just before pressing ZR to make a taller standing jump.

WVW69iorU3k7OiqxRD.jpg

If not for the Gamepad map I would have been completely lost, and I loved every bit of it.

Last night I spent an hour or two just wandering around Noctilum, heading deep into the continent and sneaking around indigens 10-30 levels above me, looking for FrontierNav sites to increase my survey percentage in preparation for the Chapter 6 requirements (I'm about to start Chapter 5). Ingenuity and skill in platforming really gets you places. PROTIP: Press "sprint" and tilt the stick just before pressing ZR to make a taller standing jump.

View attachment 488957

If not for the Gamepad map I would have been completely lost, and I loved every bit of it.
Im still trying to meet the Survey conditions for Chapter 4! :lol:

Im still trying to meet the Survey conditions for Chapter 4! :lol:
If you haven't heard already, focus on leveling up your mechanical field skill before biological or archaeological. You'll need it for FN sites, and you run into L2 or L3 mechanical treasures pretty quick. If you don't know how to level up field skills, you do it by talking to Eleanora near the BLADE quest board.

Love the game too so far, I'm at chapter 5, trying to unlock the requiered mission but I have no idea how to do it or where it could be, I guess it add some fun ^^;

Spent yesterday afternoon exploring a bit the various region, they are really awesome, huge and different. I really like the game so far. Would love to have a bit more mission revolving around the ennemies you face in main mission. And maybe side-quest that were designed a bit better. I took one coming from Lin and couldnt finished it because it requiered some mined stuff and I didnt had a mine probe yet.

Last edited:
Love the game too so far, I'm at chapter 5, trying to unlock the requiered mission but I have no idea how to do it or where it could be, I guess it add some fun ^^;

Spent yesterday afternoon exploring a bit the various region, they are really awesome, huge and different. I really like the game so far. Would love to have a bit more mission revolving around the ennemies you face in main mission. And maybe side-quest that were designed a bit better. I took one coming from Lin and couldnt finished it because it requiered some mined stuff and I didnt had a mine probe yet.
This is the best open world I have experienced on this generation of consoles so far in terms of intuitive design. There's so many things you are like 'I'm gonna climb that!'...

Then you bump into a level 56 flying monster that OHKO's you. :lol:

This is the best open world I have experienced on this generation of consoles so far in terms of intuitive design. There's so many things you are like 'I'm gonna climb that!'...
For one quest, I had a blast sneaking behind enemy lines, finding a way past higher-level Prone and Pugiliths by avoiding sight lines, cutting between buildings, and jumping along rocky ledges. I baited the ones I could handle to a safe place to fight, and took out the targets I needed without much trouble. Of course, the game gives you the option to level yourself up until you can just blast your way through the whole base, too. :)

This is hands down the most fun I've had playing any RPG!

The affinity quest "Renewed Will" can be found...
...in the commercial district of NLA, on one of the main avenues with restaurants and stuff.

Just discovered 'Fashion Gear'.

Best. Thing. Ever. Wish more games let you do this.

The affinity quest "Renewed Will" can be found...
...in the commercial district of NLA, on one of the main avenues with restaurants and stuff.

Thanks for that :) Didnt unlocked it yet it seems, doing some bonding mission now. It is a bit annoying to look for that specific item.
Atm need to get electric blue antenna from a shark thing. Found a spot but there's only 3 and only at night and they dont seems to repop so I'm doing kill 3 -> port to Blade HQ, advance time until next evening -> kill 3 and so on. No item drop yet ^^;

Since I got my skell license, all story progress has halted and I've been bringing all the characters up to L20+ while doing this and that and exploring everywhere. If you thought the platforming was neat already, @Brend, a skell opens up all kinds of possibilities. Jumping around is so fun, I'm going to really miss it once the flight pack takes over. I don't know if flying anywhere you like can beat the satisfaction of nailing a perfect transformation-airjump (press ZR in midair after speeding off a ledge in vehicle mode) to get to someplace interesting.

Since you can't remove yourself from the party, I'm growing ahead of my other party members and am two levels away from L30, at which point I can fire up my Mastema and pass on the L20 Urban as a hand-me-down to someone else. Then the mecha fun really begins. :)

Just discovered 'Fashion Gear'.

Best. Thing. Ever. Wish more games let you do this.
You've seen my character. My current primary gear is actually a bulky set of mismatched power armor.

Since I got my skell license, all story progress has halted and I've been bringing all the characters up to L20+ while doing this and that and exploring everywhere. If you thought the platforming was neat already, @Brend, a skell opens up all kinds of possibilities. Jumping around is so fun, I'm going to really miss it once the flight pack takes over. I don't know if flying anywhere you like can beat the satisfaction of nailing a perfect transformation-airjump (press ZR in midair after speeding off a ledge in vehicle mode) to get to someplace interesting.

Since you can't remove yourself from the party, I'm growing ahead of my other party members and am two levels away from L30, at which point I can fire up my Mastema and pass on the L20 Urban as a hand-me-down to someone else. Then the mecha fun really begins. :)

You've seen my character. My current primary gear is actually a bulky set of mismatched power armor.
I haven't been able to play the past day and a bit thanks to work and other commitments but I'm hoping to get another few hours in tonight.

I was exploring Primordia on Monday and came across one of the 'guardians' I believe they are called(they have the crown icon), a level 60 behemoth that, admittedly let me run away, but still looked goddamn terrifying.

Barnabas the Despot is a thorn in the side when exploring Oblivia. Those Vigents are the most terrifying enemy type I've seen so far, and he's a L65 who spends his time hopping around faster than you can run, so you've got to steer very clear of him.

It's great to see tyrants with levels in the 90s hanging around, too. It illustrates early on how there's stuff to do all over the place at all stages of your progression through the game.

Is there any real noticable benefit to having the data packs installed? I have been playing without them and haven't noticed much problems load-time wise. Do they help with the pop-in enemies? It can sometimes be annoying running around and then getting jumped by a monster thats decided to appear. :lol:

I Finally got round to doing Chapter 4 in Noctillium and its by far one of the best looking locations at night. Specifically in the caves, with the half-decent platforming(a first for an open world game!) it's great fun exploring an environment similar to what you would see in Pokemon.

What's everyone's Playtime so far, I've logged 13 hours and 7 minutes. :scared:

Is there any real noticable benefit to having the data packs installed? I have been playing without them and haven't noticed much problems load-time wise. Do they help with the pop-in enemies? It can sometimes be annoying running around and then getting jumped by a monster thats decided to appear. :lol:

I Finally got round to doing Chapter 4 in Noctillium and its by far one of the best looking locations at night. Specifically in the caves, with the half-decent platforming(a first for an open world game!) it's great fun exploring an environment similar to what you would see in Pokemon.

What's everyone's Playtime so far, I've logged 13 hours and 7 minutes. :scared:

I never had a mob poped on me with all data pack installed. So it probably help a bit.

As for me I've finished chapter 5 and I'm now doing some partner mission to level up a bit my 2nd class (finished the first one got all rank completed) Still no sign of skell atm, not too fussed about it as I'm having a blast exploring by foot already. Tried to play with some friend yesterday and the multiplayer system is stupid imo. Other than that still enjoying a lot the game, I think I have like 27 hours, can't tell exactly but last time I've check I had 24h30ish and I played a couple of hours since then so should be around 27.

Found the encyclopedia entries that you have to validate, had no idea it even existed lol. Gave me a good boost of battle points.

If anyone got a good tip to make my miranium limit higher easy I would like to ear it, atm it's at 17.7k but even with new probe for extracting miranium my limit doesnt go that much up.

I never had a mob poped on me with all data pack installed. So it probably help a bit.

As for me I've finished chapter 5 and I'm now doing some partner mission to level up a bit my 2nd class (finished the first one got all rank completed) Still no sign of skell atm, not too fussed about it as I'm having a blast exploring by foot already. Tried to play with some friend yesterday and the multiplayer system is stupid imo. Other than that still enjoying a lot the game, I think I have like 27 hours, can't tell exactly but last time I've check I had 24h30ish and I played a couple of hours since then so should be around 27.

Found the encyclopedia entries that you have to validate, had no idea it even existed lol. Gave me a good boost of battle points.

If anyone got a good tip to make my miranium limit higher easy I would like to ear it, atm it's at 17.7k but even with new probe for extracting miranium my limit doesnt go that much up.
In regard to the miranium limit, I'm not sure...maybe @Wolfe could chime in?

In regard to the multiplayer, just wondering what you find stupid about it? I haven't tried it out yet.

Latest Posts

Back