Will Forza Horizon 4's Next Expansion Feature LEGO?

• Thread starter mustafur
  • 532 comments
Because I wanted to know if you ignoring it was intentional or not.

Then I would suspect you have arrived at the conclusion that it wasn't intentional.

I never said it had to do with your opinion. Simply pointed out that those that share the same viewpoint at you seemingly get a pass about snarky comments, and you're only offended by it when it's directed at your side of the spectrum.

Same opinion = same viewpoint. No?

I simply don't like snarky sarcasm. Not because of any "side of the spectrum" but because it for some reason has become a recurring way of arguing against unpopular opinions.

No you didn't. You said you might find them on point. Every single one of the comments I find asinine flow directly in the same vein as the ones I just mentioned. So what ones around those might you agree with?

Once again the difference seems very subtle. Anyway, might is a verb that implies probability. So it was a hypothetical statement intended to suggest that it's ultimately a subjective matter to identify ridiculous comments and those falling into the same vein. I agree it's not right to argue that adults are wrong for enjoying FH4 and its expansions.

This doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have seen FH4 and FM7 geared more toward mature audiences. Although I to varying degrees enjoy both titles, they often give me a nagging feeling that Forza's comprehensive take on car culture and automotive history is trapped in an undesirable package. I'm sure Forza could be far more enjoyable for all ages with some tweaks in the creative direction at both Turn 10 and Playground Games. Personally I think FM6 and FH2 nailed a nice middle ground, but the LEGO expansion doesn't point in that direction.

Insinuations of childish have been floating around before your post, but most of them after the main article got posted onto the page. Either way, even before yesterday comments against the game have been just as ridiculous since the leak was announced. People going as far to say they're going to kill themselves. Most of the complaints have been less constructive, and some can't even be labeled as criticism, however, I'm not going to pretend that's the only thing happening, but you seem comfortable enough to do so.

I'm comfortable enough because ridiculous comments are unavoidable. Snarky sarcasm on the other hand just seems completely unnecessary because I believe there are better and more straightforward ways to stress a point.

Then it's weird that you're only going to attribute it to those that you say are "defending."

The above should clarify.

Last edited:
Snarky sarcasm on the other hand just seems completely unnecessary because I believe there are better and more straightforward ways to stress a point.

Again, when people are writing stuff like they want to kill themselves because the expansion is LEGO based, how Playground are sellouts, and those that are above a certain age are childish for not instantly and reflexively hating the very idea of the expansion, why wouldn't there be snark and sarcasm? Because really, that's what a vast majority of this thread has been, and you have certainly been contributing to it, if not with the same hyperbole, then certainly with the tut-tutting only going to one side.

Again, when people are writing stuff like they want to kill themselves because the expansion is LEGO based, how Playground are sellouts, and those that are above a certain age are childish for not instantly and reflexively hating the very idea of the expansion, why wouldn't there be snark and sarcasm? Because really, that's what a vast majority of this thread has been, and you have certainly been contributing to it, if not with the same hyperbole, then certainly with the tut-tutting only going to one side.

I have suggested that Forza Horizon is on the path of becoming a sellout, if it hasn't already. No sarcasm or hyperbole in that. This doesn't mean it has become a bad game, but it does imply that things are moving in the wrong direction for many of the fans.

Then I would suspect you have arrived at the conclusion that it wasn't intentional.
I could have, but you seem to keep arguing against it happening regardless.

Same opinion = same viewpoint. No?

I simply don't like snarky sarcasm. Not because of any "side of the spectrum" but because it for some reason has become a recurring way of arguing against unpopular opinions.
No because not everyone is literally saying the exact same thing word for word. You're just on the side of the spectrum that doesn't like it, and your reasons are your own. People that also don't like it but say things as stupid as we should be ashamed of ourselves or they're going to kill themselves are what I'm talking about when I say same viewpoint. I'm purposely keeping those asinine comments I mentioned separate from your actual opinion.

Yes I know you don't like snarky comments, but why you're only talking about it as if one side is doing it is a point I have to keep attempting to make though, for some reason.

Once again the difference seems very subtle. Anyway, might is a verb that implies probability. So it was a hypothetical statement intended to suggest that it's ultimately a subjective matter to identify ridiculous comments and those falling into the same vein. I agree it's not right to argue that adults are wrong for enjoying FH4 and its expansions.
I don't disagree, but literally every single comment that I'm labeling as asinine all flowed around the same vein as the ridiculous examples I used. So with that said, I'm shocked that you'd still push that you think you might agree with those comments, even after giving examples. Hypothetically or not. Either way, it's about my stop on this Merry-go-round.

I'm wondering how performance modifications are going to work with these. I can't imagine them using anything other than what's already been in game, but I'm still curious if it'll be any different.

Again, do you really know what the community wants?

Yes. In terms of content, most people want real cars, real customization and real roads to drive on. And by "most people" I refer to various social media I take part in, including but not limited to Discord, Reddit, YouTube...

Nowhere did I see any request for wacky content aside from the most casual amongst the casual, that is, people who treat Forza as something they do every now and then just to get "teh cheevos" and fool around.

The most requested map for FH4 was Japan by far. That's a real map with real stuff in it. There wasn't even any talk of Lego until the recent leaks.

I could have, but you seem to keep arguing against it happening regardless.

You definitely could.

Yes I know you don't like snarky comments, but why you're only talking about it as if one side is doing it is a point I have to keep attempting to make though, for some reason.

Sarcasm, not comments. The previous post explains it as far as I'm going to bother explaining it.

I don't disagree, but literally every single comment that I'm labeling as asinine all flowed around the same vein as the ridiculous examples I used. So with that said, I'm shocked that you'd still push that you think you might agree with those comments, even after giving examples. Hypothetically or not. Either way, it's about my stop on this Merry-go-round.

Like I have said, it's all very subjective. You cannot generalize "the same vein" just because we agree on some things.

Like I have said, it's all very subjective. You cannot generalize "the same vein" just because we agree on some things.
Yes I can, actually. Especially when talking about things I find to look similar to each other. I can very much say that. Those comments are flowing with asinine remarks, so when I'm talking specifically about people saying theyre going to kill themselves, people calling people children, or people saying that they should be ashamed of themselves, all the other comments that I'm talking about when I say that are very much in the same vein. It's not a hard concept to grasp, I haven't listed every single comment, but just know that I'm only specifically talking about comments very, very much like that, and there are plenty. So that you say you might agree with those comments, even after going into detail about how truely ridiculous they actually are, I'm a bit shocked and didn't take you to fall as low as that.

Ultimately, if that's what you think you might agree with, than I don't think I have much more to say on the subject, and you have essentially proved the point that I had from the get go.

:rolleyes: moving on.

Yes. In terms of content, most people want real cars, real customization and real roads to drive on. And by "most people" I refer to various social media I take part in, including but not limited to Discord, Reddit, YouTube...
The various area's of social media that cover this game are but a fraction of the playerbase. However, it's pretty out-there for you to pretend that you know what players want. I'd be interested in you naming 10 cars that I want.

Nowhere did I see any request for wacky content aside from the most casual amongst the casual, that is, people who treat Forza as something they do every now and then just to get "teh cheevos" and fool around.
The casuals are the bread and butter for this game. They are for any game.

The most requested map for FH4 was Japan by far. That's a real map with real stuff in it. There wasn't even any talk of Lego until the recent leaks.
No, it would have been a fake recreation of a real map, with fake things in it. You just happened to get another fake map with fake things in it. This is just me being pedantic though.

Last edited:
This looks cool, I'm hyped. Has potential to be the best Horizon expansion thus far.

Those who want "realism", might want to look at other racing games. Horizon already has a hot wheels tracks, cars from halo and final fantasy, and races against a hovercraft.

If Horizon wasn't supposed to have any "realism" in it they should stop borrowing ForzaTech from Turn 10 and make their own engine then.

The very reason why Horizon rose above NFS and The Crew was that its physics engine is the most realistic amongst arcade racing games.

I'm curious as to how the forzavista and cockpit view will look on these cars.
Grabbed this screenshot from one of the gameplay vids. Looks as expected from a scaled-up Lego car.
upload_2019-6-10_21-15-32.png

The various area's of social media that cover this game are but a fraction of the playerbase. However, it's pretty out-there for you to pretend that you know what players want. I'd be interested in you naming 10 cars that I want.

I have to sample from somewhere. Anyway, in a couple months the player stats will tell us all we need to know.

The casuals are the bread and butter for this game. They are for any game.

And they play Forza Horizon for the dream cars they can't own IRL (or own but can't mod). Aside from children, no one dreams of driving around in a McLaren Senna made of Lego bricks when they could just dream of driving the real thing.

No, it would have been a fake recreation of a real map, with fake things in it. You just happened to get another fake map with fake things in it. This is just me being pedantic though.

Didn't know the Scott Monument at the heart of Edinburgh was fictional.

I have to sample from somewhere. Anyway, in a couple months the player stats will tell us all we need to know.
Doesn't change the fact that we're part of the minority. I would bet that you can add up every single person on any of these outlets as individual people, and it still wouldn't come close to a fraction of the amount of people that are actually playing the game.

And they play Forza Horizon for the dream cars they can't own IRL (or own but can't mod). Aside from children, no one dreams of driving around in a McLaren Senna made of Lego bricks when they could just dream of driving the real thing.
That's what I play Horizon for? Weird how I didn't know that about myself.

Didn't know the Scott Monument at the heart of Edinburgh was fictional.
and I didn't know that the whole of Edinburgh was such a tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny city in real life. Oh wait.

Where exactly did I say that all of it was fake? The fake was associated to the fact that it's a recreation of their take on the place, altering things here and there to fit there game the way they want. It's not a faithful recreation.

Yes I can, actually. Especially when talking about things I find to look similar to each other. I can very much say that. Those comments are flowing with asinine remarks, so when I'm talking specifically about people saying theyre going to kill themselves, people calling people children, or people saying that they should be ashamed of themselves, all the other comments that I'm talking about when I say that are very much in the same vein. It's not a hard concept to grasp, I haven't listed every single comment, but just know that I'm only specifically talking about comments very, very much like that, and there are plenty. So that you say you might agree with those comments, even after going into detail about how truely ridiculous they actually are, I'm a bit shocked and didn't take you to fall as low as that.

:rolleyes: moving on.

You don't bother to list every single comment (not that you should) and then expect others to blindly agree because it by your definition falls into the same vein. Come on! Just look how one of the previous posts made comparison between suicidal people and those thinking Forza is becoming a sellout. Yeah...

1. I'm really looking forward to this, despite the fact that I can't get unsee Burnout Paradise Toys when I see it... And that they used... That song... In the trailer.
  2. I'm still waiting for my £80 worth. I payed for all the DLC when they've only released 2 car packs. FH3 had about 7 or so by March the year after release.

I'm still waiting for my £80 worth. I payed for all the DLC when they've only released 2 car packs. FH3 had about 7 or so by March the year after release.

You do realize that the car packs aren't car packs per se, and your 80 dollars got covered by the Car Pass drip feeding two cars a week for the duration of it? Alongside the two expansions now.

I personally think this expansion looks quite fun. I'll probably take my LEGO Senna up and down the mainland just to annoy the detractors of the expansion.

The reason I'm partially interested is just because it looks outright silly fun. Horizon as a whole is getting stale, and have felt such as far back as FH2. The graphical advances certainly did wow me with the next two iterations, but once that wears off quick its the same ol' game we've been playing for a while now.

It's an odd change of pace to say the least, and if it wasn't for that trailer, I likely wouldn't have been too persuaded but I think this is the kick in the rear that'll get me back into playing the game, at least for a little.

I'm not on board with all the reactionaries saying how they'll never buy another Horizon, that they demand a refund, that they're uninstalling the game, or whatnot; but to say I'm disappointment about this expansion is an understatement. I've got a few bad things going on in my life lately, and I really needed this as a pick-me-up. I didn't care what it was, so long as it was substantial, and tied directly into car culture. A road/circuit focused Fortune Island with some new cars would have been more than enough.
It just doesn't feel good when developers make a certain kind of game, promise something big for it, let the community anticipate, predict, and hype it up for months on end, only to drop something completely unrelated and controversial when the date finally arrives. Its not a good feeling.

This would have worked if it were a surprise 3rd expansion that nobody was emotionally/financially invested in. But as it stands, though I don't fully agree with the specific ways that people are acting, I completely understand the reasoning behind each and every negative reaction to this. I've already been through this experience before with a different game, and anyone here who was invested in Game of Thrones can relate just the same.

Regardless, I do hope this Lego expansion will be worth while for those who are actually looking forward to it. In spite of the undesirable aesthetics, it does bring some of the community's highly requested features such as the airport and race circuit.
Meanwhile I'm just going to have to suck it up until Grid 2019 releases.

Are you people that dense? Cars exist, humans exist, and England exists.
Therefore something like Horizon could very well happen in real life, eventhough it's very unlikely, but therefor it still comes over as believable

You seem to be confusing "theoretically possible" with "believable". You rejected the "realistic" label, but I actually think that's more applicable than your chosen adjective.

Also, who is to say someone couldn't build a life-size LEGO village, or put up a bunch of plastic LEGO trees? Dress up a bunch of spectators as LEGO people, and you're half way there.

Believable!

Last edited:
It's an odd change of pace to say the least, and if it wasn't for that trailer, I likely wouldn't have been too persuaded but I think this is the kick in the rear that'll get me back into playing the game, at least for a little.

Likewise. Even if I'm not sold on it completely, it'll get me to hop onto the game, something that hasn't happened for me in a few months.

It just doesn't feel good when developers make a certain kind of game, promise something big for it, let the community anticipate, predict, and hype it up for months on end, only to drop something completely unrelated and controversial when the date finally arrives. Its not a good feeling.

How much of that is due to the community though? Playground are just doing their jobs with regards to content - I think there's reason to criticize them for how things have gone with the game (In fact, I am very much certain that's where most of the complaints are stemming from, and they've been given a whole lot of fuel to douse onto that fire) but I mean...ultimately, we don't even know what the expansion contains, or what it's even like to play (though we'll find out very shortly)

My step son is going to love it and I’m going to fully enjoy him smiling and laughing at it. It’s a well crafted (non movie) Lego game, at long last. That’s to be applauded and seriously, if Expansion 2 had been more of the same like Fortune Island was, it would have got old seriously quickly. The Horizon format is done, I actually hope 5 takes a very long time and comes back as something fresh.

VXR
My step son is going to love it and I’m going to fully enjoy him smiling and laughing at it. It’s a well crafted (non movie) Lego game, at long last. That’s to be applauded and seriously, if Expansion 2 had been more of the same like Fortune Island was, it would have got old seriously quickly. The Horizon format is done, I actually hope 5 takes a very long time and comes back as something fresh.

This. Horizon 4 had nowhere near the pulling power of 2 or 3 so doing something different like this is a real boost.

You seem to be confusing "theoretically possible" with "believable". You rejected the "realistic" label, but I actually think that's more applicable than your chosen adjective.

Also, who is to say someone couldn't build a life-size LEGO village, or put up a bunch of plastic LEGO trees? Dress up a bunch of spectators as LEGO people, and you're half way there.

Believable!
You can interpret my previous comments however you want, but you got what i was saying.
Forza Horizon in general is realistic, quite believable but far from a sim, this Lego expansion however is quite fake to say the least.
So i can see why some peope are dissapointed.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here though.

V12 powered muscle cars and cars that can Corner at over 180 MPH are very realistic
Yes, actually. Both of those things have happened.

The video description on the below says they were at 171 MPH right after Flugplatz and this is a 991.2 Porsche GT3 RS with the standard N2 tires. Not quite 180 but it's still a car cornering at very high speeds.

tl;dr reality is unrealistic

V12 powered muscle cars and cars that can Corner at over 180 MPH are very realistic

You forget the keywords "in general" and "far from a sim", i never said completely realistic.

And what's up with you guys failing how to read all the time anyway, 12,000 posts and somehow neglecting key words from comments.
Is that a forum veteran thing to do? To be obnoxious and pretentious towards new users? Or am i touching sensitive ground here?

Back