Will Gran Turismo 7 work with the Logitech G29 wheel?

• Thread starter PHELLIPEFF
  • 40 comments
Brazil
Itupeva - São Paulo
I know that the Logitech G29 wheel works on Playstation 3 and 4 and works with Gran Turismo 5, 6 and Sport, but, and 7? Will have a G29 that works on Gran Turismo 7? Maybe with an accessory to help?

g29-11.jpg

Last edited:
Provided the hardware works on PS5, I'm sure it will work in GT7 because they can just take all controller stuff from GTS.

Hopefully Sony will be thoughtful enough to tell us in forthcoming events pre-release.

There was a problem with licencing old Logitech wheels on PS4 because Logitech said it’s ceasing its wheel support, but then they got back and introduced G29. Maybe they release G31 now and cease support for old wheels once again :D

I'm hoping all PS4 wheels will work on the PS5 but I'm not expecting it to be so. Sony and Microsoft like to change things for the sake of changing them so old peripherials will no longer work with new hardware.

Yeah hopefully all work, because right now I have close to $3,000 in Fanatec gear on a sim labs TR1 cockpit that I only use on the PS4 and would hate to replace it just to play GT7
Yeah, I hope the Fanatec CSL will make it to the PS5...well, in the worst case it's a reason to upgrade to DD while hoping the club sport v3 pedals are compatible with base then

I guess we can expect both solutions :
- new wheels for the PS5 with a better surfaces' texture rendering and more sharp handling for the Logitech and Thrustmaster materials
- backwards compatibility for the current gen wheels such as Logitech g29 and Thrustmaster T300rs with a factory update downloadable on the internet via a PC

I also imagine that the Fanatec CSL will stand halfway between the mainstream ps4 wheels and next gen ps5 developed wheels in term of handling and détails.

41OvsNrjhML._AC_SY400_.jpg

I own a Thrustmaster t300rs with the Ferrari f1 wheel (and weidly the excellent three pedals and sequential Gear stick from the Logitech g25), and I'm expecting it to be working on PS5 games with the idea that it won't necessary be at its best in term of rendering.

Last edited:
- backwards compatibility for the current gen wheels such as Logitech g29 and Thrustmaster T300rs with a factory update downloadable on the internet via a PC
With my G29 I can not download a factory update via a PC.

nope ! not even on the ps4
It works on PS4 with DriveHub, so it's at least a possibility that it'll be seen as a newer wheel by the PS5 using the same box IMHO.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy a new wheel 'til I know the score.

With PS4 backwards compatibility I’m guessing the G29 will be compatible with PS5 however I don’t expect that to stop Logitech bringing out some new hardware for the next generation of gaming.

In going to assume that anything that works on PS4, aka anything that is officially licensed, will work on PS5. Would be idiotic for Sony to make last gen peripherals not work on their new console. The backlash from a move like that would be huge. I mean if the DS4 is going to work on the PS5, I see no reason why the G29 wouldn't.

Just looking back at the gameplay portion of the GT7 reveal. Surprisingly it looks like the input is from a wheel and not a controller so will be interesting to see if any new hardware is going to be ready for the console launch or if indeed it was something such as a t300rs or G29.

Last edited:
In going to assume that anything that works on PS4, aka anything that is officially licensed, will work on PS5. Would be idiotic for Sony to make last gen peripherals not work on their new console. The backlash from a move like that would be huge. I mean if the DS4 is going to work on the PS5, I see no reason why the G29 wouldn't.

Sadly, this is exactly what occurred going from ps3 to ps4.

Yeah hopefully all work, because right now I have close to $3,000 in Fanatec gear on a sim labs TR1 cockpit that I only use on the PS4 and would hate to replace it just to play GT7

In case you don't already know about it ... check-out DriveHub. Makes my hybrid G29/TH8A/etc. all work with PS4 AND XBone - full functionality and no loss of features or FFB. Supports ALL Fanatac gear on any console.

It works on PS4 with DriveHub, so it's at least a possibility that it'll be seen as a newer wheel by the PS5 using the same box IMHO.

Obviously we'll have to wait and see, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy a new wheel 'til I know the score.
Does the DriveHub have any issues? I remember reading about a ChronusMax or something a year back or so, but wasn’t sure what the best device on the market is for this.

Thinking of buying whatever works best, considering I could use my G27 on GTS AND GT7 potentially with it

Back