Will PORSCHE have a special part in Gran Turismo 7 ?

France
France
Tricky_Vega
Will PORSCHE have a special part in Gran Turismo 7, as Mazda, Toyota, Nissan and Mercedes did and still do ?
Can we expect more new Porsche cars than those featuring in the GT7 trailer ?
Which ones do you want to drive in GT7 featuring or not in Gran Turismo already ?
PIP.png

vlcsnap-3945-10-12-15h55m12s571.png

As I remember it's been quite a revolution and a relief when Porsche finally came to GT Sport, and surely was one of the biggest things missing at least in GT5 and GT6.

930 turbo.png

Replica liveries on the 930 turbo in GT Sport

So since GT Sport I'm glad to experience what is probably the most iconic manufacturer in motorsports' history, of course among many. Since then I even got myself into Porsche ownership with a 991 carrera 4s instead of a Mercedes c63 amg (as you can see on my avatar).

taycan.jpg

What I mean is, as we know most of us, that Gran Turismo is close enough to reality that it occured to me I actually liked better driving a Porsche than an AMG. And Gran Turismo helped in that choice by the way both felt on a track, because road testing doesn't tell much about a car without losing a driving license especially in France.

917K trailer.png

1970 GULF-PORSCHE 917k in GT7 trailer

So, the very first trailer for GT7 has shown a consistent diversity of Porsche cars through history. which actually has confirmed a now close collaboration between Polyphony Digital and Porsche announced last year with the release of the Taycan. However we haven't got yet what was promised for Sport : the addition of the 917 living Legend and a Porsche VGT.

carrera.png

Rear End of the 356 Carrera speedster already featuring in GT Sport

carrera gt.png

Interior of the Carrera GT and viewing a 996 gt1 two cars ahead

917k gt7.png

1970 GULF-PORSCHE 917k in GT7 trailer

So we noticed the 356 speedster, the 917k, the 996 gt1 and the Carrera GT probably to be added to those already featuring in GT Sport, and I'm wondering if it is only the beginning of a Porsche Mania in GT7 with the addition of more iconic racecars and roadlegal sportscars.

I would now make a few suggestions of which cars I'd like to play in GT7 :

road cars
1964_Porsche_9046CarreraGTS1.jpg
Porsche_924_CarreraGT_002.jpg

1964 904/6 Carrera GTS and 1979 924 Carrera GT
porsche-928-gts-1993.jpg
Porsche-968-CS.jpg

1993 928 GTS and 1995 968 Clubsport
918 Weissach.jpg

2014 918 Spyder Weissach Edition

Racecars

69 908 lh.jpg
936-77.jpg

1968 908/4 LH and 1977 936/77
1974 911 rsr turbo.jpg
61CP2ghUjfL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

1974 911 RSR Turbo and 1978 935/78 Moby Dick
99x formula E.jpg

2019 99x Electric Formula E

Trackdays' cars, Concept cars and Vision Gran Turismo

porsche-911-gt1-concept-rendering.jpg
porsche-908-rsr-04-vision-gran-turismo-black.jpg

911 (992) GT1 Concept and 908/04 LH Vision Gran Turismo
porsche-935-2018-1.jpg
porsche-917-living-legend-concept.jpg

2018 Porsche 935 (based on 991 GT2 RS) and the 2019 Porsche 917 living Legend Concept

Obviously PORSCHE has a special part in the first trailer for GT7, as it has in my life but above everything in motorsport history, so I'm quite sure PORSCHE will have a special part in Gran Turismo and in the future of simracing by collaborating with Polyphony Digital.

Attachments

• porsche-911-gt1-concept-rendering.jpg
    porsche-911-gt1-concept-rendering.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Other than wishing and/or suggesting cars, it's possible Porsche could have a special place.

The museums in GT Sport are special places for each brand. The various GT League Rotary, Mini/MINI, MX-5, GT-R, Z, Supra, Ferrari and Lamborghini events, which have seen similar events in all GT games, may bring a Porsche event.

Will we see a straight up Porsche section, like the Senna content? It's a possibility.

The various GT League Rotary, Mini/MINI, MX-5, GT-R, Z, Supra, Ferrari and Lamborghini events, which have seen similar events in all GT games, may bring a Porsche event.

Will we see a straight up Porsche section, like the Senna content? It's a possibility.

GT Sport has already the Porsche Cup (One Make races with the 911 GT3 RS) in endurance league which contains my favorite races in the whole GT League, and yes a special Porsche event to finally get a reward car that you can't get in Brand Central would be great in GT7.

I would really like to see a good 70s Carrera RS or RSR. Something to have really competitive racing with.
Other than the already mentioned VGT and Living Legend cars, that RSR is pretty much the last Porsche GT Sport would need, before it bows out.👍
GT Sport has already the Porsche Cup (One Make races with the 911 GT3 RS) in endurance league which contains my favorite races in the whole GT League, and yes a special Porsche event to finally get a reward car that you can't get in Brand Central would be great in GT7.
We see how PD program thing like this. The Lewis Hamilton DLC offer AMG cars, I think the AMG Academy gifted us AMG cars.

Will PORSCHE have a special part in Gran Turismo 7, as Mazda, Toyota, Nissan and Mercedes did and still do ?

The answer is NO...I think the good fellas at Porsche are not keen on superficial pageantry, they want their cars to speak for themselves...on track...so have a good crack at mastering the RR package.

The answer is NO...I think the good fellas at Porsche are not keen on superficial pageantry, they want their cars to speak for themselves...on track...so have a good crack at mastering the RR package.
Sure... That why EA's exclusive license existed.

I hope not, but more Porsche cars are always welcome. Of course there will always be better relations with some manufacturers, but I never liked it when racing games have bias for certain content.

In a perfect world, in a parallel universe GT7 have a career of Porsche evolution from very first to very last car.

Personally I would love to see any, but 914 seems a great start for GT general love to such cars, plus 924, 944 in that list. As for racing machines, really doesn't matter, since GT weird classing put them in a very weird place, can't imagine 935 in a group X, neither in Gr.3 or 2, on as N car, but it will surely will be in Gr.X where it doesn't belong too.

I hope not, but more Porsche cars are always welcome. Of course there will always be better relations with some manufacturers, but I never liked it when racing games have bias for certain content.
What about your "I hope not"? We have Lewis Hamilton content that focused on Mercedes cars as prizes. Toyota Partnership hasn't been bad, as there are about the same amount of Ferraris. I don't see an official partnership with Ferrari. However, at the start of the game, Ferrari are billed as having protected copyrights. Also, Ferrari are one of the brand's to have the least, or set in stone, standard Livery decals.

Porsche partnership could be helpful with a driving school section, learning more about the history of the brand, special online events like Supra Cup.

I'd be surprised if it was an exclusive deal.

Maybe Porsche underestimated the power/potential of Polyphony Digital.

But what potential it is? Porsche has strong position in real Motorsport, held official events in more serious simulators and Porsche Cup is a thing even in simulators world, and there is top arcade promoter of the brand for a good 20 years plus. PD power to be honest average at best in compare.

I think it's highly likely we'll get more Porsches in GT7, as we can already see two models new to GT in the initial trailer alone. Not sure if they'll become an official partner like Toyota/Mazda/Michelin, though. But there is that Porsche VGT supposedly coming to GTS, as well as the 917 Living Legend concept - and I'm not sure how much either was delayed by Covid, alongside the Lamborghini VGT. I definitely think Covid led to delays, though, as I can only imagine that PD was working on a very tight schedule even before Covid became a factor!

But what potential it is? Porsche has strong position in real Motorsport, held official events in more serious simulators and Porsche Cup is a thing even in simulators world, and there is top arcade promoter of the brand for a good 20 years plus. PD power to be honest average at best in compare.
Toyota has a strong motorsport history, Mazda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Ferrari, Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge. All brands that appeared in GT AND other games. Yes, Kaz' 996 GT3 is in Gran Turismo 3, but it took another 20 years to be featured in a Gran Turismo game.

What I'm saying is, PD rewrote the virtual racing game book. The potential are sales. Porsche was globally known more than Nissan. However, look what happened when more western players/people found out about the R32 and WRX.

Had Porsche been available to been used freely in GT, there was definitely potential for even more exposure. That's what this is all about.

Does Ferrari need PD? Do Aston Martin? McLaren? Bugatti? No, but marketing is the key.

Does Ferrari need PD? Do Aston Martin? McLaren? Bugatti? No, but marketing is the key.

There is one thing that eternally different from Toyota. If split Porsche customers in three general categories, it will be:
1. Porsche Customer racing.
2. Folks with load of cash and ambition to show off.
3. Dreamers, fans and another people who couldn't or generally have no need of a itself due obvious reasons. There is none family sedans, or something in line up.
For the first group the top priority is a Motorsport performance, and slightly simulators, so they could have and idea what to expect from their car of choice. You might agree GT doesn't have any appeal to them.
For the second, they slightly have interest in Motorsport performance of a brand, but unlike the first group here they are for prestige points. They could in theory have interest in video game experience, but again NFS have more prestige for representing a brand, there will be very little percent of them really care about the game that set on discount at every sale, than a game that usually at 10 most popular during short lifespan.
The most likely you telling about the third group, but here some serious complications. As stated they might never will commit to buy a sport coupe. Those who interested in Motorsport will stick with simulation representation, opposite side will have their part in more entertaining arcade experiences. Line ups for those two are very different. For example games like Project Cars relay mostly on historic content, NFS have the whole range of current models present to buy. GT sport by all means have average player base, at it's definitely will not become ultimate seller of a brand. 'Course there is some increase possible with extended range of models, like in Forza, but there is not enough to call it potential. This move with a partnership would be interesting, but perhaps not as profitable.

Forgot to mention, due to weird video games balancing, Porsche might not want cars you mentioned in their game. Potential customer could be disappointed straight away, when Ferrari is a meta car for today, or a Megane for an entire group. GT have to work hard to be the right place for selling cars of their partners. And this is PD pays money to have them in game to sell a game at first place.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the Panamera was meant to be Porsche's sedan offering, as was the Cayenne for SUV and Macan for crossover.

Cayenne and Macan actually better selling vw than themselves. For Panamera I can partly agree, but we both know how much family sedan it is.

Though, dunno has it help to sell Tundra? Does it made any good for the game?

Last edited:
Cayenne and Macan actually better selling vw than themselves. For Panamera I can partly agree, but we both know how much family sedan it is.

Though, dunno has it help to sell Tundra? Does it made any good for the game?
Porsche also sell the Taycan EV. It's in GT Sport. Again, it's exposure.

You mention NFS. How long have they had Porsche line ups in their games? What was the benefit of that? I think there was a discussion that Porsche didn't care about the exclusivity rights(Might be in the old Will Porsche ever be in GT thread). Why allow any game to model their cars then?

You do know manufacturers approach Kaz? Kaz in turn approaches manufacturers. Partnering with the highest selling car racing franchise, is a smart move for both parties. Even if a player never buys a Porsche, Porsche is on their mind after seeing it in game.

Look at the buzz the trailer caused. Two brand new Porsches we've seen. Those two are even in the Suggestions thread. I know I've seen at least two gtp members that own real Porsches and play GT. Whether they bought their cars because they loved the brand outside of videos games or because of videos games, I don't know. However, the potential for a current GT gamer to think about Porsche and be a future buyer, increases.

Porsche also sell the Taycan EV. It's in GT Sport. Again, it's exposure.

You mention NFS. How long have they had Porsche line ups in their games? What was the benefit of that? I think there was a discussion that Porsche didn't care about the exclusivity rights(Might be in the old Will Porsche ever be in GT thread). Why allow any game to model their cars then?

You do know manufacturers approach Kaz? Kaz in turn approaches manufacturers. Partnering with the highest selling car racing franchise, is a smart move for both parties. Even if a player never buys a Porsche, Porsche is on their mind after seeing it in game.

Look at the buzz the trailer caused. Two brand new Porsches we've seen. Those two are even in the Suggestions thread. I know I've seen at least two gtp members that own real Porsches and play GT. Whether they bought their cars because they loved the brand outside of videos games or because of videos games, I don't know. However, the potential for a current GT gamer to think about Porsche and be a future buyer, increases.

This doesn't mean there must be partnership, you said GT sport have potential, and I though you meant something bigger than few cars. The latest Need For Speed have nearly all Porsche line up available to buy and this without any partnership.

Current scale is enough for GT and few people to have interest in brand. It doesn't matter whom Kaz approaches, PD pays money for a licence, and PD needs those brands more than them needs to appear in another, one of many video games. Again, there is must be something really special to claim that PD have potential, and you yet haven't revealed any point to me.

No wonder trailer caused buzz on Gran Turismo forum, yet I never heard any official Porsche news about it. But I know, that Virtual LeMan has been taken by them far more serious than any GT Sport event, they constantly posting news from Virtual Porsche Cup hold by different platform too, this clearly shows what are priorities for Stuttgart manufacturer in regard of simulators and video games.

This doesn't mean there must be partnership, you said GT sport have potential, and I though you meant something bigger than few cars. The latest Need For Speed have nearly all Porsche line up available to buy and this without any partnership.

Current scale is enough for GT and few people to have interest in brand. It doesn't matter whom Kaz approaches, PD pays money for a licence, and PD needs those brands more than them needs to appear in another, one of many video games. Again, there is must be something really special to claim that PD have potential, and you yet haven't revealed any point to me.

No wonder trailer caused buzz on Gran Turismo forum, yet I never heard any official Porsche news about it. But I know, that Virtual LeMan has been taken by them far more serious than any GT Sport event, they constantly posting news from Virtual Porsche Cup hold by different platform too, this clearly shows what are priorities for Stuttgart manufacturer in regard of simulators and video games.
So why did Porsche feature in NFS for so long? Why do NFS have all the latest Porsches without partnership? What's the benefit of that?

I don't know if you've heard/read about the special Gran Turismo Porsche events, exclusive to Japan. Must have been important for that event to be exclusive in that region.

How does Porsche virtual lemans benefit Porsche?
There was the announcement of Porsche and Formula E coming to Gran Turismo. A featured article in GT planet.

How are you saying I've showed none? I gave examples. I don't know what the partnership is all about. However, there is potential for both parties to benefit. Don't see how you're not understanding that.

So why did Porsche feature in NFS for so long? Why do NFS have all the latest Porsches without partnership? What's the benefit of that?

I don't know if you've heard/read about the special Gran Turismo Porsche events, exclusive to Japan. Must have been important for that event to be exclusive in that region.

There was the announcement of Porsche and Formula E coming to Gran Turismo. A featured article in GT planet.

How are you saying I've showed none? I gave examples. I don't know what the partnership is all about. However, there is potential for both parties to benefit. Don't see how you're not understanding that.

No, I mean the last NFS Heat, after the end of partnership, still have the most. The benefit - NFS is a very popular game, accessible and bright platform for advertisement. Porsche isn't locked, Need For Speed cars list is appealing to Porsche fans and future fans.

I see benefits only in Porsche didn't get involved in anything limiting them to certain things, such as GT. As for PD, they can use whatever they can buy from the brand, 100 percent not against that, since PC as simulator is gone, I'm all into GT 7.

How does Porsche virtual lemans benefit Porsche?

As every LeMan race for a race car brand for the entire history of racing where Porsche is one of a key figure and gladly aim to stay the same even in virtual.

I know I've seen at least two gtp members that own real Porsches and play GT. Whether they bought their cars because they loved the brand outside of videos games or because of videos games, I don't know. However, the potential for a current GT gamer to think about Porsche and be a future buyer, increases.

Yeah ! I did buy a 991 carrera 4s too last year for the same reasons, and some others... :cheers:

Back