Will PORSCHE have a special part in Gran Turismo 7 ?

No, I mean the last NFS Heat, after the end of partnership, still have the most. The benefit - NFS is a very popular game, accessible and bright platform for advertisement. Porsche isn't locked, Need For Speed cars list is appealing to Porsche fans and future fans.

I see benefits only in Porsche didn't get involved in anything limiting them to certain things, such as GT. As for PD, they can use whatever they can buy from the brand, 100 percent not against that, since PC as simulator is gone, I'm all into GT 7.

As every LeMan race for a race car brand for the entire history of racing where Porsche is one of a key figure and gladly aim to stay the same even in virtual.
Hmm
Maybe Porsche underestimated the power/potential of Polyphony Digital.
You are now pretty much saying what I was saying. However, having a full car list of Porsches, is not required in the PD/Porsche partnership.

Who knows what marketing scheme will come from this?

The obvious answer to that thread is "maybe not special but at least larger than in GT Sport " given by the trailer published in June with the featuring of 3 new Porsche cars to the franchise.

And I easily bet that Porsche is now more interrested to a partnership with Polyphony Digital for Gran Turismo, than appearing in the long lost and stupid Need for Speed franchise.

Just a reference, but how important GT to Porsche if...

That's clever, to reassure poeple at turn 10 that Porsche still wants to appear in Forza, while the links between Polyphony Digital and Porsche appeared more clearly since the trailer for Gran Turismo 7.

That's german, they have something to negociate with Turn10 :lol:

I'm not sure, and actually never saw, played Forza and been into it, but I remember there was something with Forza and Porsche through EA licence, and their cars appeared in the game somehow. But this a not clear memory about what it was...

I'm not sure, and actually never saw, played Forza and been into it, but I remember there was something with Forza and Porsche through EA licence, and their cars appeared in the game somehow. But this a not clear memory about what it was...

I like better seeing Porsche in Forza and Project Cars than in NFS.

Beemers are bikes, Bimmers are cars...
Not in the UK.

The obvious answer to that thread is "maybe not special but at least larger than in GT Sport " given by the trailer published in June with the featuring of 3 new Porsche cars to the franchise.

And I easily bet that Porsche is now more interrested to a partnership with Polyphony Digital for Gran Turismo, than appearing in the long lost and stupid Need for Speed franchise.
If Porsche have any common sense (and I've worked with them enough to know they have) they will continue to ensure that their products appear in as many titles, across as many platforms as they can.

Do they want a relationship with PD? Yes, it sells well as a title, but at the expense of appearing in other titles? Not a chance, they have only just got out of that mess, as you need to understand that plenty of other titles offer things that PD don't.

Did Porsche partner with PD for its eSports involvement? Nope.
https://the-race.com/esports/what-porsche-gains-from-its-esports-involvement/
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...ports-carrera-cup-deutschland-2020-21056.html

Does a GT title feature the most Porsche models? Nope.

Was GT the title Porsche first went to when it was free of its EA deal? Nope.

Does Porsche use GT and PD for its eSports team? Nope.
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/202...s-le-mans-preview-coanda-sim-racer-21213.html

Did Porsche go to PD for sims in its brand centres and promotional purposes?. Nope.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/assetto-corsa-pro/

PD and GT is part of the picture, but be under no illusion, its not the only part of it by any means at all.

Oh, and you might want to check the sales numbers for the NFS series before you dismiss them out of hand so casually, as it all smacks a bit of PD/GT exceptionalism, an unfortunate and unhealthy part of the sim-racing scene. PS3 & PS4 player count for NFS titles is 77 million, GT titles across the same platforms is 38 million, and NFS gets to add in PC and Xbox sales as well, it's far from a "long lost and stupid" franchise.

Last edited:
Not in the UK.
Nor do I suspect it is a hard rule in the US either. Before I joined this forum the only place I had heard them referred to as "Bimmers" was Car and Driver (and Automobile, which was usually Car and Driver defectors); and I just assumed at the time that was like the German spelling or something.

With the Porsche sharing Space on the cover with the Mazda, maybe we’ll see more a Porsche experience in the game.
And the 917 Living Legend has a pretty prominent appearance in the trailer too. Any word on what the Porsche on the front cover is?

Partnering with the highest selling car racing franchise, is a smart move for both parties.
That would be Need for Speed, not Gran Turismo (yet).

80 million+ vs 150 million+

Last edited:
And the 917 Living Legend has a pretty prominent appearance in the trailer too. Any word on what the Porsche on the front cover is?
Not sure. Those strakes/slats/vents, where the side are, looks a bit like a racing version of this
1631615676994.png

but, it looks more like this
1631615796281.png

Or could be the Spyder racing version
1631616099932.png

That would be Need for Speed, not Gran Turismo (yet).

80 million+ vs 150 million+
Wow. Double the sales. That's a tough battle.

Not sure. Those strakes/slats/vents, where the side are, looks a bit like a racing version of this
View attachment 1080173

but, it looks more like this
View attachment 1080174

Or could be the Spyder racing version
View attachment 1080175

Wow. Double the sales. That's a tough battle.
What are those Porsche concepts called? I'd assume the Porsche on the front cover of GT7 is their Vision GT, even though I'm pretty sure the Vision GT hasn't been shown off yet.

Yep, it's a big difference. NFS does have the advantage of age and being multi-platform.
And Need For Speed gets mainline installments much more frequently than GT does. Gran Turismo has only ever gotten mainline installments twice for each console generation, not including the odd side games and spinoffs like the Concepts and Prologues, and Tourist Trophy.

What are those Porsche concepts called? I'd assume the Porsche on the front cover of GT7 is their Vision GT, even though I'm pretty sure the Vision GT hasn't been shown off yet.

And Need For Speed gets mainline installments much more frequently than GT does. Gran Turismo has only ever gotten mainline installments twice for each console generation, not including the odd side games and spinoffs like the Concepts and Prologues, and Tourist Trophy.
They're from the Porsche Unseen concepts on Porsche's website.

Well, in the Porsche 718 thread, the next 718 will be all electric and based on the Mission R. Guess that cover car has a high possibility of being the 718 concept.
Add the classic Porsches and all the above mentioned possibilities of FormulaE, Porsche Cup esports and we may see a fair chunk of events devoted to Porsche. Wouldn’t hurt if it does happen. If it’s done we’ll, of course.

Well, in the Porsche 718 thread, the next 718 will be all electric and based on the Mission R. Guess that cover car has a high possibility of being the 718 concept.
Add the classic Porsches and all the above mentioned possibilities of FormulaE, Porsche Cup esports and we may see a fair chunk of events devoted to Porsche. Wouldn’t hurt if it does happen. If it’s done well, of course.
Polyphony should also get Magnus Walker to feature in the game and include his special "277" as well.

Back