Will you miss the Ferrari F1 cars?

• Thread starter R5
  • 58 comments

R5

(Banned)
England
Location, Location
After scouring over the car list for GT6, I noticed a few things.

One of which was the fact that both the Ferrari F10 and Ferrari F2007 were dropped (Most likely licenses) from the list.

So will you miss them? Or do you think they were a load of meh?

I did not use them a lot, so I'm not too upset, I would have rather had PD update the Ferrari F1, or add a couple new ones.

Why there is no poll ? :grumpy:

NO, they were not implemented very well, they were too many restriction on these F1
When I bought an F10 I tought I could compete with other cars online, but no ! we can only races with other FERRARI F1:banghead: So I was really disappointed about that. Apart doing time attack alone, it's useless and unrealistic to race with 15 others Ferrari F1, there is no immersion of the Formula One's world. :yuck:

Last edited:
IIRC, the only time I have spent with a Ferrari F1 was a seasonal event that held long time ago, which you drive a F10 around the Nurburgring GP track. Lacking the ability to race with other formula-style cars is a pain in the @$$. So I don't miss those 2 F1 cars too much.

But to be honest, the more the merrier, if PD is not going to get F1 cars due to licensing issue, why not add a premium version of Formula GT or to create something similar to modern F1? Just a thought. :)

Until and unless GT does something to get a better selection of F1 cars or upgrades the FGT, no, I will not miss them. When I want to run F1 I will stick to Codemasters F1.

Where is the confirmation that they've been removed? Just because they're not on the "partial" list we were given doesn't mean they've been removed. There other cars not on the "partial" list that are clearly shown in the promo videos.

Even though I never got them in GT5 and I was only able to drive the one in GT5P by downloading someone else's save file?

Yeah, if they are in fact removed, I think I will miss 'em.

I will miss them I guess. They were a great addition to the GT series and I was looking forward to driving them on Silverstone, Bathurst etc. But in GT5 they were poorly inducted, with only being able to race them against each other, bar a brief period where there was a glitch that allowed you to do so. If PD were to bring back F1 cars they'd need to obtain a license where they can compete with other cars. I.e. GT3, GT500, NASCAR, Red Bull X1s. (I know that would seem silly but I'm sure we'd use them more often if we could race them against other cars).

Off course I will miss my F2007 :( . It was nice to drive them, although they were banned from the most events. I always found it strange that I was allowed to use my FGT on allmost all events where the F1 F cars weren't.

No not really.
You were only limited to drive those versus another Ferrari F1 car and I thought that was super dumb. so no I don't miss them since I never really used them.

if I wanted F1 I'd get F1 2013

I spent a great deal more time with them in Photo Travel than I did actually driving them. On that basis, no I won't miss them but I'm still disappointed that they are gone.

I believe I drove it all of once or twice for a seasonal. Anyways wasn't there a mistake on the model where the rims didn't even turn with the wheels? Been so long I forget. We need more F1 manufacturers for it to be useful, and F1 tracks. Otherwise it feels kinda gimmicky to me.

If PD isn't going to add more F1 content to supplement the Ferrari - and I don't mean everything but just a selection like they've done with Nascar, then they might as well just upgrade the FGT to a premium and not bother with F1 licenses. I'm not a huge F1 fan to begin with, so that would be adequate for me. I've actually raced the FGT more than the Ferrari.

Why there is no poll ? :grumpy:

NO, they were not implemented very well, they were too many restriction on these F1
When I bought an F10 I tought I could compete with other cars online, but no ! we can only races with other FERRARI F1:banghead: So I was really disappointed about that. Apart doing time attack alone, it's useless and unrealistic to race with 15 others Ferrari F1, there is no immersion of the Formula One's world. :yuck:
That is maybe a reason why this cars were removed.

Open wheel racing is my favorite form of motorsport, so I hope they incorporate more of that into the game; preferably even more than GT5. So while I'll miss the Ferrari F1 cars, it is only so far as they were the only true F1 cars in GT5. If they create a nice, modern version of the Formula Gran Turismo I'll be more than satisfied.

I only drive the F10 (for the seasonal) and boy I CAN'T CONTROL IT! I drove the F2007 on GT PSP though. So, no comment.

I would miss the 2008 WRC cars more. :(

I'll miss them a lot, yes. I didn't drive them that much, but I still did take them out to drive once in a while, particularly on the F1 circuits. The F1 seasonals were also fun, although it was annoying driving them on garbage course maker tracks and other not so fun tracks rather than the F1 circuits in the game. I wouldn't absolutely rule them out though. Still possible they might get added back in an update perhaps if some license issues are cleared up. I can only imagine how half-assed the Senna DLC will be without any F1 cars, so if we get any Senna DLC cars who knows, maybe the Ferraris will be added again as well.

I won't because I rarely drove them but I can sympathize with those who used to. What's way more troublesome to me is the missing WRC cars.

I won't because I rarely drove them but I can sympathize with those who used to. What's way more troublesome to me is the missing WRC cars.

Missing WRC cars? The Focus?

Alright, I'm grieving. I love M-sport and drive that thing when I can :(

Back