Will you miss the Ferrari F1 cars?

• Thread starter R5
  • 58 comments
The Ferrari F1 cars in GT5 were practically a whole new game for me. I've had a huge amount of fun pushing both the cars limits, as well as my own. I've played the F1 games, and I've gotta say the F1 cars in GT5 are by far the best, PD did a great job with them. I mean who hasn't wanted to know what driving an F1 car was like? GT5 was the closest you could get! They will be greatly missed, and if there is ever an F1 DLC I'll be the first to buy it.

Not the slightest. Their presence in GT5 was pointless with all their restrictions and the fact that there were only two models. Besides, I don't think I ever drove one more than a few laps.

The Ferrari F10, not really since I have F1 2010 for it. The Ferrari F2007 however, kinda. I liked taking it to tracks outside the past and present F1 schedule (like Daytona and Laguna Seca), something that I can't don't with any of the license F1 games.

I believe I drove it all of once or twice for a seasonal. Anyways wasn't there a mistake on the model where the rims didn't even turn with the wheels? Been so long I forget. We need more F1 manufacturers for it to be useful, and F1 tracks. Otherwise it feels kinda gimmicky to me.

If PD isn't going to add more F1 content to supplement the Ferrari - and I don't mean everything but just a selection like they've done with Nascar, then they might as well just upgrade the FGT to a premium and not bother with F1 licenses. I'm not a huge F1 fan to begin with, so that would be adequate for me. I've actually raced the FGT more than the Ferrari.

That's how they work, I think. It was some sort of aerodynamic assist.

Very much. GT5 had plenty of current and former F1 tracks.

For example the current seasonal on spa is very much fun if played with a lot less PP.

Not really. They were pretty much useless since you could ONLY race them with other Ferrari F1 cars.

YES.

PD absolutely need another Formula car, no matter if real or fictional. How about a premium Formula GT instead of that silly moon rover.

Or a premium FGT II based off of the 2014 changes to F1?
Whatever they want, I just think a premium Formula something is mandatory in GT6, since it cover a whole motorsport category.

After a top formula, would be cool to have lower formulas, like formula 3, gp3, formula renault, etc.

YES.

PD absolutely need another Formula car, no matter if real or fictional. How about a premium Formula GT instead of that silly moon rover.
There is a Formula GT in the car list

Wether it's changed- only Kaz knows.

Yes I will miss them. The sense of speed and grip you get with an F1 car is just special. The FGT isn't good enough, and the X1 is too mental. The Ferrari F1s are perfect. It's the closest you'll get to enjoying the fastest cars on Earth (Codemasters F1 games have terrible physics). GT5 didn't get the F1 cars completely right either, but it's the best on console. I was really looking forward to driving it with GT6's upgraded physics. Alas, it wasn't meant to be...

Yes as my name indicates they were definitely some of my favorite cars to drive in GT5. Personally I loved the way that they handled compared to the ones in Codemasters F1 titles. Spent tons of time with them on both the Nurburgring and Cape ring, and they will be greatly missed. However, their implication in the game was poor as others have already suggested. Breaking 5 minutes on the ring in a F1 was one of the biggest highlights of GT5 for me too haha.

Well I always did well in the time trial events that used them, so in a way yes, but they weren't a 'go-to' car for me... that's what the F1 games are for. GT is about the wider world of cars, so yes it'll be sad not to have them in GT6 as they represent the fastest real racing cars in the world, but there are plenty other cars to be using instead.

And so will I.
At least we will still have the FGT, and theoretically the return of the other Polyphony Digital Formula cars from GT3 plus some Ayrton Senna related content.

No, because they were removed due to licensing issues unfortunately, so the only one we even have a chance of seeing is the 80's McLaren in the Senna DLC. Rest In Peace Gran Turismo F1 racing, you will be missed. :(

Well I always did well in the time trial events that used them, so in a way yes, but they weren't a 'go-to' car for me... that's what the F1 games are for. GT is about the wider world of cars, so yes it'll be sad not to have them in GT6 as they represent the fastest real racing cars in the world, but there are plenty other cars to be using instead.
You can't have the same experience with a prototype. It's different. Removing those Formula 1's they removed a particular experience from GT.

As you could only run them as One Make races and there were only four tiny variations, you ended up with races with pretty much identical looking cars on track.
As such, no, I will not miss that.

Now, if PD could get another F1 type car and do a "Base Model" which is paintable and numberable (new word, but you know what I mean LOL), THAT would be much more desirable.

If we can't get a livery editor in GT6 (and I understand the technical reasons why not) the BASE models are a good stopgap measure. At least we can paint and number them.

Kinda wish all the racecars had a Base Model, even if there are those who would decry the "padding of the car list with duplicates"... LOL
Or, just let us paint and number ALL the blasted cars...

Back