Win a PlayStation 5 With Gran Turismo Sport's New Toyota GR Yaris

Bugger me, already nearly into February and no sign of @en_toyota even acknowledging the competition...

Here are my entries from months ago, may aswell reveal them now onother sites too.
@ZedNinetySix

PS_App_20201213_015404.jpeg
PS_App_20201213_015357.jpeg
PS_App_20201213_015352.jpeg

Last edited:
https://toyotagazooracing.com/e-motorsports/special/2020/gryaris_spcompe.html
Here are the 4 winners liveries:
20210205_104929.jpg
20210205_104927.jpg
20210205_104925.jpg
20210205_104923.jpg

Literally 3/4 of them are totally plain...
They could've said it was a random prize draw so we didnt waste our time on fancy liveries for hours or days...

The winners are:

Nick_Baker777
miya86TRUENO
to4miz
1gorFraga

Yes, Igor Fraga won, coincidence? I think not.
Pretty sad they chose him only because he's associated with them already...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the first two pics are indeed good.
The last two is nothing special for me. It looks like the "dream" part was at least as important as the photograph.

Last edited:
Here are the 4 winners liveries:

Literally 3/4 of them are totally plain...
They could've said it was a random prize draw so we didnt waste our time on fancy liveries for hours or days...
It wasn't a livery competition though. The competition was to stage a Scape and say how it related to your dream drive in a GR Yaris.

Now that the contest is over, my submissions could have used a bit of adjustment if it wasn't the blunder of colours transported from a HDR TV to an early 2015 MacBook Air.
EouFT_YUwAUsj3C
Eo7nXauVoAAjHFv

I hope the results for this competition would be received well compared to the RX-VISION contest or even the Tarmac Works x LOR livery competitions.

Last edited:
It wasn't a livery competition though. The competition was to stage a Scape and say how it related to your dream drive in a GR Yaris.

And one of the winners is their own driver, Igor Fraga who races for Toyota in F3 as a works driver.

It's a sham.

And one of the winners is their own driver, Igor Fraga who races for Toyota in F3 as a works driver.
Very little of that sentence is true.

In fact this much is:

And one of the winners is Igor Fraga who races in F3.
Which has the natural response of "Okay, so what?"

Igor has no official connection to Toyota or TGR that I'm aware of. Toyota and TGR have no presence in FIA F3. Igor is sponsored by Red Bull and Polyphony Digital in F3, but drives for Charouz Racing System (2020) and Hitech GP (2021), who have no Toyota/TGR connection.

Last edited:

Igor has no official connection to Toyota or TGR that I'm aware of. Toyota and TGR have no presence in FIA F3. Igor is sponsored by Red Bull and Polyphony Digital in F3, but drives for Charouz Racing System (2020) and Hitech GP (2021), who have no Toyota/TGR connection.

Oh okay then, just a coincidence the GTS FIA eSports champ won over thousands of entries with a plain design then. Because he's just such a lucky guy!

He may have no Toyota connection, but by god does he have a strong Gran Turismo connection.

Very little of that sentence is true.

In fact this much is:

Wording is wrong but the point still stands - it's stupid that Gran Turismo has given a world tour champion an award for this competition.

Igor did race in the Toyota Racing Series in New Zealand, so that's probably where the connection with Toyota came from.

Oh okay then, just a coincidence the GTS FIA eSports champ won over thousands of entries
Wording is wrong but the point still stands - it's stupid that Gran Turismo has given a world tour champion an award for this competition.
It wasn't a Gran Turismo-run (or PD, or Sony) competition, it was a Toyota Gazoo Racing-run competition. Gran Turismo hasn't given him anything for this competition, because it's nothing to do with that. Nobody at Sony/PD was involved.

As far as I can tell Igor's connection with Gran Turismo isn't relevant, and I'm not sure why people are drawing the connection.

won over thousands of entries with a plain design then
It still wasn't a livery editor competition, so the design is (aside from the required decals) not relevant.

Last edited:
Either way, it was just a BS marketing stunt to gain some followers fast, with at least one of the contestants being already pre-selected.

They took advantage of the GT community.
One of the photos isn't even a scapes photo, it's a white GR barreling into T3 at Colorado Spings.

20210205_104929.jpg

Another car has a "JDM" sticker on it, or rather an amateur driver sticker.

20210206_065702.jpg

They clearly chose Igor Fraga because he is GT's golden boy, stacked with followers, and @en_toyota wanted a piece of that action too.

fa310b480be5e622a7a792ce813576f0.gif

Last edited:
Either way, it was just a BS marketing stunt to gain some followers fast, with at least one of the contestants being already pre-selected.

They took advantage of the GT community.
One of the photos isn't even a scapes photo, it's a white GR barreling into T3 at Colorado Spings.

View attachment 989730

Another car has a "JDM" sticker on it, or rather an amateur driver sticker.

View attachment 989731

They clearly chose Igor Fraga because he is GT's golden boy, stacked with followers, and @en_toyota wanted a piece of that action too.

View attachment 989728
And the other image in the group has been editted outside the game. There's no GT watermark in the bottom corner.

Which has the natural response of "Okay, so what?"connection.

Easy for you to say that, you were not even taking part in the competition.

Everyone who did, however, rightfully questioned Toyota's choosings. As mentioned above, one image having post-production, another image on a live circuit, and one of the winners being GT FIA's golden boy.

I could also naturally say "Ok, so what?" to your response, but I'm just not that low, because I take into consideration.

When a competition has so many strict rules yet the winners are in too many grey areas, it's barely a competition anymore. And rightfully should be questioned.

Last edited:
Easy for you to say that, you were not even taking part in the competition.
Which allows me to remain objective about it, rather than misdirecting anger because I didn't win.
Everyone who did, however, rightfully questioned Toyota's choosings. As mentioned above, one image having post-production, another image on a live circuit, and one of the winners being GT FIA's golden boy.
What does "being GT FIA's golden boy" have to do with it? This is what you're not explaining. You're trying to state that the process is in some way corrupt because Toyota Gazoo Racing chose Gran Turismo/FIA winner Igor Fraga as one of the runners-up in a Toyota Gazoo Racing competition. What does Igor Fraga's 2018 win in a Gran Turismo/FIA racing competition have to do with an image/prose contest run by Toyota Gazoo Racing?

You tried to draw a line from one to the other by literally making a connection up...

one of the winners is their own driver, Igor Fraga who races for Toyota in F3 as a works driver
... which wasn't true (and if you want to talk about "low", you'd have to travel up for a long time to even reach low right there).

You've also brought up the standard of the liveries twice even though it wasn't a livery editor competition...

Two of the other entries that took prizes - including the overall winner - are indeed against TGR's own competition rules. One is a replay image rather than a Scape, and one's edited. The third that you've questioned, with the novice driver decal, is not against the rules; the rules stated that liveries must not use decals to which TGR may not hold any image rights...

entrants should only use the Decals that do not contain any existing third-party trademark or copyright content
... and the novice driver mark meets those standards. Fraga's entry, of course, clearly meets all the rules, so is the one you should be least angry about.

Of course this begs a question. If TGR has picked Fraga for some unknown connection, why have the other two people we've never heard of been picked to win with clearly illegitimate entries? What's their special connection that's meant TGR has bypassed its own rules to select them?

TGR has definitely run this badly, but there's no reason to suggest Fraga's runner-up entry is "a sham" - unless you think that a guy who won a driving competition two years ago can't win a different competition run by different people this year legitimately (was his McLaren Shadow win "a sham"?). And that'd be just mad.

Last edited:
Back