Win a Real Race Car Drive with Pfaff Forza Motorsport 7 WorldGaming Canadian Challenge

The first time trial starts today. And so it begins. 146 players registered according to the WG website.

Conveniently the submission process is much easier this time around, using the in-game leaderboard rather than submitting via YouTube and crossing your fingers that it’ll be good enough. The only snag is that, if the practice rounds were any indication, non-Canadians and ineligible players will be able to set times as well, making it hard to know who you need to beat/who you’re competing against.

Last edited:
The first time trial starts today. And so it begins. 146 players registered according to the WG website.

Conveniently the submission process is much easier this time around, using the in-game leaderboard rather than submitting via YouTube and crossing your fingers that it’ll be good enough. The only snag is that, if the practice rounds were any indication, non-Canadians and ineligible players will be able to set times as well, making it hard to know who you need to beat/who you’re competing against.

Sounds about right. I guess you can cross-reference with the site and the in-game leaderboards, but it'll be tough.

I haven't seriously tried to hotlap in FM7 in months, and I really planned on getting back into it at the beginning of the month. Which of course, I didn't. I'm patently awful at VIR, so I'll use it as practice: Laguna Seca is a much better track for me, as the only one I've ever made money off of through gaming competitions. :lol:

Sounds about right. I guess you can cross-reference with the site and the in-game leaderboards, but it'll be tough.

I haven't seriously tried to hotlap in FM7 in months, and I really planned on getting back into it at the beginning of the month. Which of course, I didn't. I'm patently awful at VIR, so I'll use it as practice: Laguna Seca is a much better track for me, as the only one I've ever made money off of through gaming competitions. :lol:

I feel like all of the GT crossover competitors are going to bank on Laguna Seca since they know it better, so it’ll be worth it to put a ton of effort into VIR. I don’t know the track at all, and it seemed really hard from the one career mode race I did on it so far

I’ve done 40+ laps and have yet to run a clean one. The track is hard enough but the ABS off is so hard to get used to. My driving style is so reliant on trail braking and I every time I do it I push off into the grass

I’ve done 40+ laps and have yet to run a clean one. The track is hard enough but the ABS off is so hard to get used to. My driving style is so reliant on trail braking and I every time I do it I push off into the grass

I find FM7 is really sensitive to how abruptly you let off the brake in terms of turn-in. I run ABS off too and I know what you mean: turn 1 and the beginning of Oak Tree is where I’m inconsistent on my entry.

I’ve run another two dozen laps today and knocked a second off my clean lap. But what’s really frustrating is I’ve been over a second up before botching the final complex. I can see sub-58s, which is where I think the cut-off will be for qualifying.

I find FM7 is really sensitive to how abruptly you let off the brake in terms of turn-in. I run ABS off too and I know what you mean: turn 1 and the beginning of Oak Tree is where I’m inconsistent on my entry.

I’ve run another two dozen laps today and knocked a second off my clean lap. But what’s really frustrating is I’ve been over a second up before botching the final complex. I can see sub-58s, which is where I think the cut-off will be for qualifying.

Yes, 57s will be where it’s at. I don’t see myself being able to get very much under 2 minutes. 59s would be my absolute limit, so I’m not going to kill myself trying too hard

Anyone feel like looking over the top 10 to see who made the cut and who didn t

Funnily enough I was just loading up the XB1 X to get some screen shots of The Grand Tour Game for our review...

It's looking like the top 10, at least right now, is this:
  1. Raceboy77 - 01:55.966
  2. BM M00SE - 01:56.760
  3. kluch5 - 01:57.040
  4. FTHOTSAUCER - 01:57.231
  5. TCR tremblax - 01:57.330
  6. UNK Ginger - 01:57.348
  7. Major Bean - 01:57.376
  8. CJ Pert - 01:57.400
  9. tL William - 01:57.548
  10. DeafSun - 01:57.696
I skipped over any name that isn't on the WG site. SushiXXX and you are the next folks, with five others under 01:58 (though I think two of those are ineligible). Not sure what time qualifying closes today.

I know they don't want to do this in fear of alienating players but if they want me to care much about these two championships they need to Mandate the use of the wheel for the competition. E-sport racing with gamepads is just so ug......

Last edited:
That was some damn good racing man. Nice and clean too. Can't believe how so many guys raced with controller including the winner Raceboy. That one beats me. I would've thought wheels would have been a sure advantage...apparently not. Something else to is how a couple of them well their driving view of choice was external and not cockpit. Congrats to all.

That was some damn good racing man. Nice and clean too. Can't believe how so many guys raced with controller including the winner Raceboy. That one beats me. I would've thought wheels would have been a sure advantage...apparently not. Something else to is how a couple of them well their driving view of choice was external and not cockpit. Congrats to all.
Using a controller is an advantage on the Forza games. As far as I'm aware, most of the top Forza players use a controller along with the chase cam. I tried Forza Motorsport 6 a few years ago and found the most success using those things.

Raceboy77, head too far up his own jaxy to simply answer a 'yes/no/ to a question … instead tells me I need to watch his 'stream' for 30 minutes to merit an answer! so I get one whole paragraph explaining how to get the answer when a quick 'yes/no' would have made my day. I hope his next dump is an Xbox controller [adaptive]

Latest Posts

Back