Winamp3 problem.

• Thread starter Joey
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
i ditched my 3beta for the full version today --- Winamp3, build #488 (x86) <-- whatever that means. --- anyway, it always has this static that suggests the sound card is being used by something else. somehow i got it to stop for like 4 seconds: it (the sound) warped to normal, and the i restored the Winamp window, and it jacked up again. there are no other progs running, and it still does it. it's not my EQ, i checked that.

do you know what's going on?
thanks.

#488 build means that it is the 488th revision to be built. It's like cars, this car is still a Honda Civic, but it has improved from each year. x86 means that it's built for x86 processors like 486, Pentium, Athlon, Celeron, etc.

Is your equalizer connected to your sound card? If so, the output from the sound card goes into your equalizer and then it goes back into the input jack on the sound card?

Hmm. Not sure. Have you tried using Windows Media Player to play MP3s? That would at least allow you to test whether it was related to the sound card or the application. Also, have you tried rolling back to the beta version (you DID keep the original installer, didn't you)?

Both of these will help you diagnose whether it's a problem with the sound card or the application.

Also, if you're like me, and the sound card connects to a sub which you have under the desk and use as a foot stool, you might want to check the connections, and try cold-restarting your sound system. I have an Altec Lansing Doby Digital system which is generally fantastic, but needs to have the power to it killed every couple of months.

Let us know how you get on.

beta = gone.
i kept it until i had 3 working, but it screwed up after i deleted the installer. Media Player works, but it doesnt have half the sound quality of Winamp. i believe the equalizer goes from the sound card, not to...? i'm going to download it again, because i can't find anything in the preferences that would fix it. failing that, i'll just get beta again instead of having to re-run the EQ. it takes less time to load, anyway.

yeah mine to does that do you want a trick so that is doesn't do that warning

ok when your winamp starts go quick open your playlist and play music as quick as possible and it will not gve you that warning..

Ah - I have came across this problem before in 2.xx. It appeared when something screwed up and then I started up Winamp.

Back