Winning GTWC with a CLK-GTR is too difficult?

• Thread starter Sjenk
  • 22 comments
Like I said in Old Geezer’s thread, I would make a writeup about the Gran Turismo World Championship.

Lots of people said it wasn’t possible to win this tournament with the AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 (unmodded!). To prove they were wrong, I did this championship with that car. Things I did: Choose car, Oil refresh, bought hard and super hard tires. That’s all. I have never changed any settings. I use a DS2.

It’s the first time I make a write-up, so it’s may not be that great :P (my spelling is also not that great if you didn’t noticed it yet). Warning, long story :P

Ok, back to business. These are my competitors:
1: Minolta Toyota 88c-v Race car ‘89
2: Gillet Vertigo Race Car ‘04
3: Nissan R92CP Race car ‘92
4: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98
5: Nissan R89C Race car ‘89
6: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 (me)

Note: I forgot to write down the total time in the first 5 races.

Race 1: Tokyo R246 - 10 laps - 131 points
Qualification: 1st – 1.26.588
Tyres for race: Front Medium, Rear Hard
Result: 1st – gap 3.xxx
Fastest lap: 1.25.343 (lap 4)

First of all, that was a wrong decision. I thought: ‘10 laps? No pitstop needed’. How wrong could I be. There wasn’t a rolling start, which means that wasn’t an advantage for me. After the first corners I was 3rd behind the Minolta and the R92CP. I was able to catch them up at the end of the first lap though. Made some mistakes in the beginning of the 2nd lap, which cost me the lead, but I got the lead back 2 corners later. The gap between me and the R92CP wasn’t more than 2 seconds after each lap. After lap 6 I already got (light) orange tyres. All the other decided to pit in that lap. I made the decision to stay outside the whole race, but oh my god, this race was a close one.
In the 7th lap I spun out after the second corner because I went too hard on the cerbs.
The 8th lap was the last one with a ‘normal’ laptime. After this lap all my tyres were red and I still had to go for 2 laps. At that moment the gap was 28 seconds.
The 9th lap was sliding all the way, I managed to get this lap: 1.34.094 and a lead of 22.829, because they still had to warm up their tyres.
Last lap...sliding even more and there just wasnt a possibility to get some speed on straights. The R92CP was getting closer fast and I had to give everything my car was able to do at that moment. When I finally went to the last straight, the R92 also came out of that corner and I won with 3 seconds (last lap: 1.43.259).

Conclusion: Completely wrong tyre decision. I was very lucky though.

Race 2: Motegi Super Speedway - 21 laps – 158 points
Qualification: 3rd – 0.30.985 (pressed start after the lap, so the other Le Mans car couldnt get a faster lap, did this lap with Front and Rear Medium)
Tyres for race: Front Hard, Rear Super Hard
Result: 3rd – Gap 10.884
Fastest lap: 30.937 (lap 16)

I tried to do this thing without making a pitstop (now with the right tyres :P) in order to keep up with the other Le Mans cars a bit. I got trashed in this race of course, they were much too fast for me. After 1 lap I was back to 4th place, because the R89C (which qualified behind me) was faster. I tried to make clean laps, something that worked out perfect. Constant 31.xxx laps, but the Le Mans cars were driving 29.xxx laps and I lost more than 2 seconds per lap. I’ve trained this course often and the Minolta always pitted twice, but for some reason he didn’t do that this time. The R92CP also didn’t had plans to pit twice, so I was defeated with a decent gap of 10 seconds. Note: The other CLK-GTR spun out at the end of lap 4 and in the 10th lap the R89 made a fatal error. He also spun out, but it took a long time before he was driving again. I was one lap behind me andbecause of his mistake I was 3rd. 1 Minolta, 2 R92CP.

Race 3: Hong Kong – 18 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st – 1.11.706 (Front Medium, Rear Hard)
Result: 1st – Gap 43.545
Fastest lap: 1.09.525 (lap 16)

Many people were complaining about this race that it was difficult. I had the same pit stop strategy as the other cars (1 pitstop, except the Minolta, he needed 2 stops) and I was able to win this race with ease, so I wonder what’s so difficult... Anyway, I was surprised to see the R92 only able to qualify 5th and he had serious problems to catch up with the other CLK-GTR. After 4 laps he finally became 4th. The R89C had the best race so far and was 2nd, 3rd R92CP and 4th Minolta (was the best of these 3, but he pitted twice like I said earlier).

Race 4: Seoul Reverse – 19 laps – 158 points
Qualification: 1st – 51.635 (Front and rear medium)
Tyres for race: Front Hard, Rear Super Hard)
Result: 1st – Gap 33.xxx
Fastest lap: 50.485 (lap 9)

You might think: ‘Why on earth did you use these tyres?’ Well, I did that because I never raced the reverse version before and I thought ‘Hey, just win’. After I read Old Geezers write up I knew I did something wrong, because the most fair way to win this cup is to do exactly the same as the opponent does. Yeah I know that I didn’t do this at Super Speedway, but in my opinion that is an exception, since it’s nearly impossible to win that without changing setting on the car and pit once like the other cars.

Anyway, because of the tyres (and the low grip) it wasn’t a bad race at all until the pitstops. It was very difficult to get away from the Minolta. After 10 laps I was just 5 seconds in front of him. They all pitted in in lap 12-14 and after the pitstops I was 33 seconds in front of the Minolta. Strange though was that that gap did not increase after the pitstops. It was still 33 seconds at the end of the race.

Race 5: El Capitan – 11 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st – 1.30.503 (Front and rear medium)
Result: 1st – Gap 7.015
Fastest lap: 1.29.363 (lap 2)

There was 1 race after this one I did even worse, but whoah, this race was really bad. Lap 1: ‘Standing’ start, which means I was already 2nd or 3rd after the straight. At the first real corner I went into the dust and I was 6th after I got out of it. I was able to get 3rd after lap 1, but the mistake I made was absolutely not necessary. The second lap (where I got back to 1st) was my fastest lap in the race. After I got the lead I pulled away quite easily. After 5 laps I already was 7.079 seconds in front of the rest, but my right front tyre started to get orange. In the 6th lap my tyres were all (dark) orange, so I had to pit. After the pit stop I was 3rd, because the Minolta pitted as well. In lap 7 all teh otehr cars pitted as well. After lap 7 it was one mistake after another. I had a lead of 13.974 seconds, but in lap 9 I went off the track, 1.39.225, lead back to 10.054. In lap 10 I made another mistake and my laptime was 1.36.302 and the gap was 6.121 seconds, but in lap 11 I made a better lap (not clean, better) and I won.

Championship after 5 races:
1: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 (me) – 44 points
2: Minolta Toyota 88c-v Race car ’89 – 27 points
3: Nissan R92CP Race car ’92 – 26 points
4: Nissan R89C Race car ’89 – 18 points
5: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 – 10 points
6: Gillet Vertigo Race Car ’04 – 5 points

Race 6 : New York – 15 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st – 1.23.367 (Front Medium, Rear Hard)
Result: 1st – Total Time: 21”07.990 – Gap: 48.xxx
Fastest lap: 1.21.906 (lap 15)

Not much to say about this race. It was really easy, since the other cars were at least 2 seconds slower each lap. Only interesting thing of this race is that the Minolta finished 4th and lost the second place in teh championship.

Race 7: Opera Paris Reverse – 18 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st – 1.18.496 (Front Medium, Rear Hard, and yes, that was a bad lap)
Result: 1st – Total Time: 23”18.816 – Gap: 28.905
Fastest lap: 1.14.682 (lap 16)

A tricky circuit and maybe not the best track for Le Mans cars, but that makes it more challenging, so keep up with the tight circuits! :) Old Geezers thread about his ‘adventure’ didn’t said anything about the fact that the other cars would pit twice in this race, so I only made 1 pitstop. If I knew that they made 2 stops instead of one, I would have used the same pit strategy. I had a lead of 9.173 seconds after lap 3 when I made a mistake in lap 4. After that mistake I could not increase the gap (5 seconds) until lap 8, when the R89C and R92CP pits. In that lap I already had red/orange tyres, but I thought they only made 1 stop, so I went into lap 9 with these rubbish tyres. That lap was not great ofcourse, but I managed to get in the pitlane. 2 laps after the stop I was 9.409 seconds ahead of the R89C (that car did surprisingly well, he started 2nd and the Minolta was nothing in this race). I made nice laps (all 1.15.xxx) and in lap 16 I made the fastest lap of the race (1.14.682). At that moment the lead was 12.936 and the other cars decided to go in the pits in lap 16 and 17, but since I didn’t know they would do that, I went with red tyres into lap 18 and I won with a huge gap. Note: Gillet won the battle against the other CLK-GTR.

Race 8: Suzuka – 9 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st - 1.49.047 (Front Medium, Rear Hard)
Result: 1st – Total Time: 16.51.029 – Gap: 3.179
Fastest lap: 1.46.023 (lap 5, my in-pits lap :rolleyes: )

A real rubbish race. I made so many mistakes, it really annoyed me how bad I was driving on this circuit, but because of that is was a close race. Because of the standing start I lost the lead and went 2nd behind the Minolta. I got the lead back in that same lap, but I made a mistake which took me to 2nd place again with a gap of 0.132. Second lap: I got the lead back in that straight, but I made another mistake and lost the lead again, but this time I made another mistake before I had got the lead back. I touched the grass and I spun out. Got back on the circuit in 4th position, but managed to get 3rd again after the last ‘chicane’. The gap was 4.171. In the 3rd lap I had a nice battle with the R89C (he was 4th) in the first corners, but I beat him and I could race to the other cars. The R92CP was faster than the Minolta and he went to first position. Because of their battle, I was able to get close behind them. The gap after lap 3 was 2.267. In lap 4 I did something nice to do something good for once. In the long ‘turn’ (feels like a straight, but it is a ‘turn’) I got 2 in 1. After that lap I got a lead of 1.888. The Minolta is 2nd again. In lap 5 I made a small mistake and the Minolta passed me, but the top 3 went to the pit in the same lap. In the pits the Minolta seems invisible, until I got teh normal view again. I got the Minolta right after the pitstop in the first corners, but I was second, because the R89C did not pit yet. After that I maintained the lead and I was 1st with that small gap.

Race 9: Grand Valley Speedway Reverse – 11 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st - 1.42.434 (Front Medium, Rear Hard)
Result: 1st – Total Time: 18.52.276 – Gap: 16.635
Fastest lap: 1.38.712 (lap 9)

Not much to say about this race. I lost the lead because of the start, but I got the lead back a few corners later and they never got me. After 5 laps I had a red front tire (right) and I decided to pit early. I was 4th after my pitstop, back to 2nd after the Minolta and R92CP pitted, but the R89C stayed outside and screwed his race by that. He had no tyres left at the end of lap 7 and spun out at the last hairpin before he could enter the pitlane. I got back to 1st place and I won the race. Strange that you gain so many seconds at the pit stops...lead before pitstop: 6.613, lead after pitstop: 16.507 (2 laps in between but still, thats 5 seconds per lap!). Difficult last lap, all the tyres were orange/red.

Race 10: Circuit de la Sarthe I – 4 laps – 131 points
Qualification: 1st - 3.28.220 (Front Medium, Rear Hard)
Result: 1st – Total Time: 13.47.747 – Gap: >40 seconds
Fastest lap: 3.24.705 (lap 4)

If you look at the gap you notice that a bit too big. I did not pit in this race, because I did not thought that they would bit in a 4-lap-race with lots of long straights. I was wrong, but since they pit in in lap 3 I could not pit anymore. After 2 laps I had a gap of 5.374 seconds and in lap 3 the Group C cars pitted like I said. The CLK-GTR and the Gillet didn’t pit and if I did pit, I would have been in front of them after lap 4. The CLK was the better car, but his tyres were gone. He wasn’t able to keep teh car on the track and the Gillet was 2nd (woow! :P ). The CLK didn’t even manage to be 3rd, the R92CP won the David vs Goliath battle, but the CLK was 4th, the R89C was 5th and the Minolta was bad and was only able to be 6th. That costs him the lead in the ‘best of teh rest’ cup.

Final Score:
1: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 (me) – 94 points
2: Nissan R92CP Race car ’92 – 48 points
3: Minolta Toyota 88c-v Race car ’89 – 46 points
4: Nissan R89C Race car ’89 – 36 points
5: AMG Mercedes CLK-GTR Race car ’98 – 20 points
6: Gillet Vertigo Race Car ’04 – 16 points

I don’t know if I do this cup again, but if I do, I’ll use a slower car ofcourse (and I make less mistakes :P)

Good write-up:tup: (Couldn't tell by me it was your first)

The SS race at Motegi is no surprise... What is most impressive is the "no setup changes"! It just goes to show, much of what goes on is all about the driving in this game... picking lines... picking strategy... putting the rubber on the road:tup: You did well! Another myth dispelled.

As a side note: I noticed the points as well... big points. Biggest I think I had ever gotten with my playing with this was like 108. You were getting 131 per. Wonder what car and what it takes to win this series with 200 points if someone were striving for the perfect game?

Thanks for taking the time! 👍 I know I appreciate it!

phattboy

Thanks for that excellent writeup.

It inspired me to work for a 200p race last night. I tried out about 10 cars (including the CLK), and worked to find the most difficult lineup.

I've settled on the black 787B vs. a Minolta, Sauber, Jag, 92 and 787B. With R1 tires, I was given 199p for the first race, 185p for the second (with R2s - although probably could've won with R1s since I lapped the Minolta) and 200p for the 3rd (back to R1s, up to 200p because of the slight HP drop). Of course, have to admit that I haven't actually finished the 3rd race. Have to redo it because I'm finding it VERY difficult. Probably has a lot to do with the tires. May have to swallow my pride and use R2s instead.

Oh, a note: This was a 200p lineup for the CLK with R3 tires.

Have to say, I think there was also quite a bit of luck in your race around Tokyo. I put up fairly consistent laps around 1:24-1:26 (1:24 even was my best) and the Minolta and Sauber were right with me... until they pit on L8. BUT, the 787B didn't pit and so came in about 5-7 seconds behind me. Your race also illustrates how valuable qualifying is since I'm trying to do these without qualifying.

Now if I could only put up the lap times you're getting in HK!!! (Best for me is 1:11.7)

FWIW: some Aspec point notes
Aspec point hard to easy is something like this:
CLK, 390, 787, Audi, Bentley, GT-ONE, 92, Jag, Minolta

The CLK is distinguished from the other cars because it doesn't have the same downforce (all of the class-C race cars have a max DF of 63/88)

Harder tires is key to increasing your Aspec points.

How do you compare Aspec points for different cars against the same lineup?
- I would take one car in... check it against about 5-10 different lineups and write down the points. The RESET the console. Go to your garage and pick a different car. Repeat. The order of lineups is repeated exactly.
- Because of the wide variety of cars I was given anywhere from 200p to 9p! for the CLK. In other words, you DO have to check through many lineups to find the right one if you want the points.

I was disappointed btw at one point: Why are all those cars so slow on the straights at La Sarthe? I could make >350km/h and they were only able to get something between 310-320km/h.

Sjenk
I was disappointed btw at one point: Why are all those cars so slow on the straights at La Sarthe? I could make >350km/h and they were only able to get something between 310-320km/h.
I Agree!!! I was able to go 264MPH thru the "Kink" on Le Sarthe II with the "Black" Toyota GT-One, but when I turned it over to B-Spec he topped-out at only 225MPH even with the setting on "5" :confused: A pleasant surprise ATM however as I'm using B-Spec for Le Sarthe I. The Bentley Speed 8 w/NO adjustments (Tyres & BIG Turbo only) hits 220+MPH in four different spots & 215+ in one more Each Lap! 👍 NO "Off Track" excursions yet & he's 4 Laps ahead at the 11 Hour Mark. Only downside is that it's incredibly "Thirsty!" He pits in "Running on Fumes" every SEVEN Laps! :eek:...O.G. :D

I'ld like to see a replay of this. I find it nearly impossible to win with a stock standard clk-gtr in the gt championship (I am trying to just see if I can win Tokyo first). I have tried running with a no pitstop strategy vs 1 pitstop both do not help.

Also tried numerous things to help with the understeer problems with the clk-gtr. Although they do help - still not fast enough around the corners.

On Tokyo vs the cars you mentioned I cannot see how you could win. Just to give an idea - using a no pitstop strategy (super hard rears, hard fronts) - 185 A spec points for that race (pls don't comment on pnts meaning nothing - do in other thread). With this setup laptimes are in the region of 1:29s to 1:32s. Using 1 pitstop strategy (meds) laptimes fall to 1:24's to 1:26's - but still not fast enough to win.

I have done this series with the standard aids equipped, since I never touch anything in the settings screen. BUT I have practiced without any aids except for TCS on 1 and my laptimes were equal to what I had with ACS on 10 and TCS on 5.

I can't give you a replay, because I haven't got a device to extract those 'files' and besides, I don't save my replays. I made these reports when racing and after racing on a track.

Just practice and everyone can win this with the CLK-GTR, it's really not THAT difficult.

Sjenk
Just practice and everyone can win this with the CLK-GTR, it's really not THAT difficult.

Well, from the posts we've seen over the past couple of months, quite a few players have had difficulty using this car in the GTWC. I wouldn't say its a slam dunk for everybody.

Its a good challenge, though. Its on my list of "do-overs" that I'll work on until the PS3 arrives with whatever version of GT is available for it...

I tried this one today, and indeed, it's not easy. One note, I didn't change the oil, but I don't think it makes a big difference. I used the medium in front and hard in the back tyre strategy. I was put against the sauber, minolta, Audi R8, 787B and the (what is he doin' here??!) GT40 race car. It yielded me 185pts in most races.

I ran the races just to see how i would do in the merc. So I just continued after getting 5th in tokio. After all, I managed to get some good laps, and if the 787B didn't make me crash, a podium finish was within my reach.

After finishing 5th in most races (except Seoul: 1st and New York: 3rd, and I didn't race the last races from suzuka on), I think this series is perfectely winnable though in this car, 'cause in most races i was able to get along with the pack, i just ended up 5th in most cases due to some driving errors.

If I can drive a clean race I think I must be able to get a podium finish in tokio and el capitan and win seoul and new york. Speedway is impossible to win in my opinion, and opera i don't really know: I was competitive in the opening laps chasing the 787B and the sauber, but from the fourth lap on I started to drop down in the field. Gotta do some checking on the other courses though.
I'm certainly going to try to win this series in the big merc, just don't know how long it will take ;)

Anyway: Sjenk: great achievement, keep on giving good ideas about competitive races!

Grtz,
MSH

I gave this a go today, just the first race. I just got the CLK-GTR '98, so I thought I'd use it on my first try at the GTWC. I fitted hard tyres on the rear and back, but didn't tune it up or make any setup changes. I set traction control and ASM to 0. Traction control can be helpful but I like to really *squeeze* the throttle gently when exiting corners, to look after my tyres, so I chose not to use it.

The first time I entered, I got a crappy easy field (no group C cars). So I entered a 2nd time, and got:

Jaguar XJR '88
Sauber C9 '89
Minolta '88
Mazda 787B '91
Something rubbish '67

I qualified second, couldn't be bothered to do a second lap. I lost out at the first corner and dropped to 5th. I recovered to be 3rd behind the Sauber by the end of the first lap, but lost out in a dice for the lead, which dropped me and the 787B (which had been leading) down to 4th and 5th. I then spun, and dropped miles behind the pack. I lost a lot of time, the handling of my car was tricky as the rear tyres were worn (but not shot) dropped to 26 seconds behind the Jaguar, who was leading, but he pitted on lap 8, as did most of the field (Sauber pitted on lap 7).

When the whole field pitted, I took over the lead. I couldn't quite hold back the Jag, who passed me about halfway round the last lap (I was all over the show in the fast right-left). I finished 2.0 seconds behind. But hey, I would have won without my stupid spin on lap 4. And I still beat a 787B, a Sauber C9, and a Minolta, who finished 3rd, 4th and 5th respectively.

I'm only just getting used to this car, and I'm pretty confident for the championship.

GREAT Effort F310B!!! :cheers:
VERY good to see another "Kindred Spirit" who does NOT need a Maxxed-out Minolta to win this Series! 👍 ...O.G. :D

I've done 5 races now, came 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 1st. I admit I had to turn TC up to 1 for the race at Hong Kong. I didn't have good enough throttle control out of the slow corners whilst also having to concentrate on keeping the group C cars behind. Hong Kong was a very tight race, I won but I headed home a 5 car train and my tyres were nearly shot. Seoul and El Capitan were easy wins, won by 10 seconds (with a spin) and 16 seconds respectively.

I was also bemused by how fast the Group C cars were at Super Speedway. They have so much more grip! Anyway, I ran 5th and got a lucky 3rd place because with 2 laps to go, the Jaguar and Minolta crashed into each other (that's how it seemed they had both spun just after the pitlane entrance), and I cruised through to take the position.

My general strategy is to run hard tyres on rear and front, and pit just once.

Currently:
1. Mercedes CLK-GTR 40 (me)
2. Sauber Mercedes C9 24
3. Mazda 787B 24
4. Jaguar XJR 23
5. Toyota Minolta 14
6. 2D Camaro '67 5

For the championship things go well.

I just won my 6th race of the season at Suzuka, was a crazy race.

I used medium tyres all round, and I was leading the Minolta by 4 seconds before lap 5, when I planned to make my only pitstop. Only problem was, I didn't know where the pit entry was, and I accidentally drove up one of the escape roads! I then drove across some grass wondering what to do. I was beginning to panic, when (luckily) I see the Minolta flash past me into the pitlane. I follow him in, and rejoin 2 seconds behind.

On cold tyres he is slow and I catch and pass him on the run down to 130R. Then, on lap 7, the 787B, who has pitted after running a long stint, comes from nowhere, exiting the pitlane in the lead just ahead of me! I pass him exiting degner curves, and win by 2 seconds from 787B after a relaxed final lap. The Sauber comes 4th, 6 seconds behind, but I think he would have won had he not been stuck behind 787B for 6 laps.

I also had an incredible incident on lap 1 as I tried to pass the Minolta for the lead at the hairpin. As we went round the awkward right hander just before the hairpin, he did a dirty move and elbowed me onto the grass. We both spun (I spun 3 full rotations), and incredibly both rejoined without losing any places! A bizarre incident to say the least!

I also didn't use traction control at this race (so far I used it at Hong Kong, Seoul, New York, Paris, and didn't use it at Tokyo, Speedway, El Capitan, and Suzuka). This is because I originally planned to use hard tyres and not pit. I didn't want TC because I would rather conserve the rear tyres manually rather than leave it down to traction control. But then I changed my mind and ran medium tyres front and rear. And then I thought, you don't really need traction control with medium tyres, they have so much grip. So I didn't run traction control.

I now lead the championship by 18 points from the 787B. The Sauber is third, then the Jaguar, then the Minolta, then the Chevy Camaro (I think Suzuka might have been the first race at which he was not lapped).

Anyways, I won the championship! I kind of wasn't motivated for the last 2 races because I knew the title was wrapped up. I led the first 5 laps of Grand Valley, but my tyres were worn and I spun off trying to keep the lead. I finished 5th there to take the title, then cruised to 4th at Le Man (the Jaguar didn't pit and he won). There was no pressure so I was able to have some fun with some big predmeditated 4 wheel slides (one of the pros of not using traction control :sly: ).

Results: 2nd, 3rd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 5th, 4th

Standings:
1. Mercedes CLK-GTR 69 points
2. Mazda 787B 56 points
3. Sauber Mercedes C9 46 points
4. Jaguar XJR-9 44 points
5. Toyota Minolta 35 points
6. Chevy Camaro 10 points

I don't think I can do a full write up, as I cannot remember what happened in the early races. I guess you need to do a write up after each race. I don't think I am organised enough, I just go and do the races blam one after the other!

Interesting that the Mazda came second. I think the Minolta and Sauber were gernerally the fastest cars but the Mazda was very easy on his tyres. Meanwhile, the Minolta was very hard on his tyres and the Sauber about halfway between.

lzybm22
could you do the GTWC races in the Mclaren??

or would it be to hard??

Yes, I think that is possible in stock. I never drove it so far, but I assume that the McLaren is faster than the Pagani Zonda Race car. I have tested the Zonda a while ago and I only needed to get 1.5 seconds faster than I went in that practice. I think that guys like Holloi (Weekly Race Series, division 1) could do this cup in even the Zonda.

Nice!

I was wondering...were you using driving aids...if so, try without them...i tried those race with the same car (CLK GTR) without driving aids....and by no way could i win....even with only TCS, it is hard...

i always turn off all the aids or just keep the TCS to keep my wheels from spinning...i find that the aids ruin the experience....it also makes it way easier...

I did use all aids, because I never checked that in the past, I just drove on tracks.

Anyway, I also tested this cup without aids and after one hour on Tokio I had laptimes equal to the 'old' CLK-GTR

I did it without aids except for lvl 3 TCS andthe only track that I remember having a lot of trouble with was El Capitan cuz all those bumps had the car bouncing every where.

The only tracks I found I actually needed a lvl 1 of TCS to make things easier were Hong Kong and Paris. Most other tracks I didn't use it. At any 'normal' tracks like Suzuka, or El Capitan, I prefer to drive without traction control.

Back