wipeout fusion (be nice, I'm busting my cherry)

Dunno if you got this in the US yet, but...

What do you all think of this game?

I've been a big fan of the Wipeout games since the first one, but I was a bit wary of splashing out on this one due to the luke-warm reviews I'd read (in the non-PS2 biased mags and sites) and the lack of involvement of the Designers Republic, who gave the previous games their distinctive look.

But splash out I did, and I'm not disappointed.

This game is FAST, the handling feels right and it looks like a peach.

I've only got about 3 hours gaming time into it, but thats enough to know I'll be spending plenty more time with it.

The progression system is a lot different to the previous wipeouts, but who ever said that change is a bad thing?

The only critisisms I have are...

1. Its very easy to get wiped-out (geddit) just as your about to cross the finish line. Which is very frustrating.

2. Too many courses. A strange complaint, I know, but in the previous versions, you had time to learn every corner an straight, because there were only a handful of tracks. This time, once you've won (by luck or skill), off you go to the next venue. I think there are more than 40 different courses in this baby.

And thats about it.

Oh, and the soundtrack is the absolute b*llocks. The best one since the original. I **** you not. Worth buying for this alone.

Your thoughts?
Pffft...

Havent you found this game INCREDIBLY frustrating at times. But then you get a new ship, or upgrade your ship to the next level, or you get a great track and it seems to make up for being quaked 4 times in a row and the hit with missiles. The two tracks that annoy me the most is the second Cubiss float track and the first Jungle track.
Oh yeah the multiplayer mode is ace!!! :cheeburga

I thought the music was a but rubbish. Until I just listened to it for about an hour not playing the game, then I though otherwise. Oh and the intros cool, especially when the music starts going with the gunfire noise, shame it couldve been longer.

Thanks for the welcome, nice to be here,

but back to business... I have found WOF to be a piece of p*ss until I got to the Russian courses (cant remember the name right now) too many sharp turns in my Feisar. Maybe I need to spend some credits on upgrading.

A fine game, nonetheless.

BUT NOT AS GOOD AS REZ.

This game is coming out for the PS2 here in the US finally on Tuesday, and I'm really looking forward to it. I've read the reviews on Gamespot AU, and it is a pretty good one.
Anyone else get this game, and have an opinion, or perhaps longer lasting impressions?

i have vague memories of wo and woXL, and I might try this one. I like F-Zero and futuristic racing titles, so I might pick it up soon. I might play woXL tomorrow, just to get in the wo groove.

I havent played this game for aaaaaaaaages, I had got quite far in the league and it was getting sooo hard. Although I havent played it for a long while, maybe ill get back to it when I 100% Gt3

Back