work your way up from the bottom to the top like in GT4?

• Thread starter 690hp
  • 5 comments
If I understand the posts on this subject correctly, you chose the bike you'd like to win (and paint color), then the game assigns a challenge or series of challenges that you must complete. Complete the task and win the bike.

Example - you want the Racing Modify Ducati 999R - complete a 1 lap time trial on Valencia in under 1:45.00 on the bike they give you - do it and you win the bike.

You can then use these bikes to enter the races listed in the prize list. Completing these races or series awards you a bike.

Completing the licenses allows you to do better challeges and get better bikes and enter harder race series.

yeah, you got it correct. cause in the gran turismo series you started witha hunk of junk peice a crap and worked your way to the top of the racing throne. i was wondering if thats how you did it on this game

That is going to be unique for Tourist Trophy. Everything is right there for you, so all you have to do is earn your paycheck by completing the challenges. This will make for a much different path to glory apart from the way we've done things since 1997/1998 with the GT series. This format is different, but it should remain a nice deviation from the GT series. And it isn't like you can prepare for Tourist Trophy by simply racing a car. Cars and motorcycles handle much different from each other. I think bikes have sharper handling than cars, but you may have to do a little extra feathering of the throttle and brakes to get the best results. It's because I can remember racing the demo of MotoGP 4. You can easily veer off the course by simply misjuding your turns. You don't have the luxury of two extra wheels with a motorcycle. Handling is actually tougher (I think) with a bike than a car. I have no motorcycle experience outside of video games, so I can't say I'm a bike expert.

The most interesting aspect about all this is to simply imagine how handling models change from cars to motorcycles. The differences will be much different from one another. Maybe the most exciting motorcycle racing I've done in a game is with Moto Racer 2 where the circuits offer up great speed in Arcade Mode, then physics get more demanding with Simulation Mode enabled. The bikes in "Midnight Club 2" give you an advantage when you acquire the ability to feed off of another car's slipstream and be able to blast past the leading car. Unfortunately, you're more likely to crash out if you're not careful on the streets. There is also the Grand Theft Auto games after GTA3. The most fun in GTA: Vice City were the motorcycles. Try outrunning cops with your PCJ-600. There is also the Sanchez which is your best dirt bike. GTA: San Andreas offered up more motorcycles. There were two-seat motorcycles, ATVs, and all that. The focus of all of this was to talk about mostly sport bikes, since that's the majority of motorcycles in Tourist Trophy. This will be interesting to see most of the tracks were used to and racing them all on motorcycles. The challenge here would be the ability to learn the handling of motorcycles and tackle each course accordingly and effectively. That alone will determine who will be at the bottom of the food chain and who will be at the top of the food chain.

So lace 'em up real tight and yank the throttle for some two-wheeled action.

Back