WORL - PS4 - BLANCPAIN GT SERIES -- ROUND 4 RED BULL RING 5/13/20 9PM EST [RESERVES AVAILABLE]Open 

• Thread starter Canita
  • 82 comments
Hi mate, if there's any spots still available I'm keen.
I have Assetto Corsa on PS4, and play with wheel & pedals - I'm assuming there's nothing else required, is there?

PSN: B_Gallo1985
GTP ID: Bruno Gallo
MANUFACTURER: Ferrari
NATIONALITY: Australia

I reckon I'm a decent driver - not quick, not slow either. Just after some good, clean, fair racing (not the mess of open public servers)

Hi mate, if there's any spots still available I'm keen.
I have Assetto Corsa on PS4, and play with wheel & pedals - I'm assuming there's nothing else required, is there?

PSN: B_Gallo1985
GTP ID: Bruno Gallo
MANUFACTURER: Ferrari
NATIONALITY: Australia

I reckon I'm a decent driver - not quick, not slow either. Just after some good, clean, fair racing (not the mess of open public servers)
Welcome! After tomorrow’s race I’ll add you to the board.

Hey guys, I just want to double check the timezone. It's 9:00 pm EST (Eastern Standard Time), right?

So, that's UTC -5, but EST is now under daylight time (EDT), then the races are UTC -4 correct?

Thanks!

Hey guys, just clarifying why I had to quit the race.

I don't know why but my wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite) got messed up on the race, everything was fine til the end of qualifying but when the lobby loaded the race, I was adjusting the setup and clicked 'Drive', was sitting on the grid and at the first corner realised the wheel's rotation was completely messed up, it was like a gokart – extremely sensitive (I guess that's why the accident on turn 1 as well, I spun as soon as turned in).

Has anyone ever experienced such issue? It only got back to normal after quitting the game, restarting the wheel and the game. But then it was too late, I tried to re-join the Lobby but it wouldn't let me as the race is in progress – just for the record, I would've re-joined even if I was like 2 laps behind, I'd finish the race (not a quitter, even if I'm dead last).

So frustrating after spending the hours and then out on the race :(

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Gallo

I don't know why but my wheel (Fanatec CSL Elite) got messed up on the race, everything was fine til the end of qualifying but when the lobby loaded the race, I was adjusting the setup and clicked 'Drive', was sitting on the grid and at the first corner realised the wheel's rotation was completely messed up, it was like a gokart – extremely sensitive (I guess that's why the accident on turn 1 as well, I spun as soon as turned in).

Has anyone ever experienced such issue? It only got back to normal after quitting the game, restarting the wheel and the game. But then it was too late, I tried to re-join the Lobby but it wouldn't let me as the race is in progress – just for the record, I would've re-joined even if I was like 2 laps behind, I'd finish the race (not a quitter, even if I'm dead last).

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Gallo
Totally understandable, that’s the famous AC wheel bug, it generally happens if you’re un the options menu and press “Triangle” or “Y” on some Fanatecs , and going into wheel/controller setup will cause the rotation to get all screwed up and the wheel to act stupid sensitive, we’ve found 2 solutions, 1 Close Application if that fails 2 restart your PS4.Sorry you couldn’t run this race. Just keep this in mind on and test the solution just in case.

Sorry about that.

Cheers,
Gallo

I've had similar problems with my G29. Before I join the lobby I usually have to do a quick practice session to test that everything's working as it should. Little annoying but I'm getting used to it as kind of an SOP.

I'll keep browsing around and see if I can find a solution for you, but like @Canita suggests, it seems to be an inherent problem.

It's too bad your wheel ended your race early; you looked pretty darn quick in qualifying. See you at the next round, sir! :cheers:

Thanks guys, appreciate your help – I'll definitely investigate and do some tests here to avoid this happening again.

@PrivateSmiles cheers mate, looking forward to it

@Canita thanks for the tips

@DutchRacerGT thanks so much for letting me know about the short-shifting in the Ferrari, I didn't know!! After that I was at least 0.5s quicker per lap only by shifting right lol... Unbelievable how quick you were in the same car, I cannot even imagine how would even be possible to lap 2-3s faster haha

@DutchRacerGT[/USER] thanks so much for letting me know about the short-shifting in the Ferrari, I didn't know!! After that I was at least 0.5s quicker per lap only by shifting right lol... Unbelievable how quick you were in the same car, I cannot even imagine how would even be possible to lap 2-3s faster haha
Sorry, what is short-shifting exactly? Is it shifting gears in a lower RPM (below red lights)?

Sorry, what is short-shifting exactly? Is it shifting gears in a lower RPM (below red lights)?

Yes mate that's right. I didn't mean exactly short-shifting, which is normally to save some fuel. But in the Ferrari 488 GT3 case, it's not the optimum power output if you stretch to higher revs if you're following rev lights on your wheel or the game's UI gear and rev counter (bottom right hand corner).

So it's best to follow the car's dashboard rev lights instead (e.g. the last red little light) to shift at the best power output.

@PrivateSmiles @Bruno Gallo Well I'm glad it helped you guys out a lot!

I usually don't use traction control just because I enjoy the raw driver input to keep the car under control, but in the league races I did decide to run a little bit of TC just to play it safe. I think I ran 10/12 at Brands Hatch, and 12/12 at Nurburgring.

I'm sure it's faster running without TC, so long as you can be smooth with it.. Just gotta find the sweet spot I guess that allows the car to be quick yet not lead to repetitive driver errors

After doing some testing I'm going with the 650S McLaren.

Will be online practising over the weekend if anyone fancies joining me?

PSN: OLD_G_KUSH
GTP ID: madflavor
MANUFACTURER: McLaren
NATIONALITY: British

FYI i’ve sent a few friends request out, I will do the rest tomorrow.

I’ve spent a reasonable amount of time getting my car set up and dialled into the track in the past couple of days (100+ laps). One of the luxuries of being on lock down I guess.

what sort of lap times is everyone getting? I’ve done some full length races and seem to be comfortably running 1:50 consistently. There definitely more pace to be had though.

I have no idea whether the 650s is competitive in its group but I like the way it drives.

FYI i’ve sent a few friends request out, I will do the rest tomorrow.

I’ve spent a reasonable amount of time getting my car set up and dialled into the track in the past couple of days (100+ laps). One of the luxuries of being on lock down I guess.

what sort of lap times is everyone getting? I’ve done some full length races and seem to be comfortably running 1:50 consistently. There definitely more pace to be had though.

I have no idea whether the 650s is competitive in its group but I like the way it drives.
I am also in the 50s (Audi R8), but I am struggling on turns Rettifilio (braking), Variante della Roggia and both Lesmos.

Either I am entering the apex too fast or too slow. It seems that I can't make the tyres work properly. I have seen some hotlaps in Youtube and the guys looked much more natural than me.

I am also in the 50s (Audi R8), but I am struggling on turns Rettifilio (braking), Variante della Roggia and both Lesmos.

Either I am entering the apex too fast or too slow. It seems that I can't make the tyres work properly. I have seen some hotlaps in Youtube and the guys looked much more natural than me.

I've seen YouTube videos of 1:47's in the 650S which is insane. This was an older physic update, not sure how much this effects the time.

Will have some more practice today and see if I can dip into 49s.

Are you using a wheel or a controller?

@PrivateSmiles @Bruno Gallo Well I'm glad it helped you guys out a lot!

I usually don't use traction control just because I enjoy the raw driver input to keep the car under control, but in the league races I did decide to run a little bit of TC just to play it safe. I think I ran 10/12 at Brands Hatch, and 12/12 at Nurburgring.

I'm sure it's faster running without TC, so long as you can be smooth with it.. Just gotta find the sweet spot I guess that allows the car to be quick yet not lead to repetitive driver errors

the TC intrigues me here, I normally run 1/12 for all the cars I drive with no issues,
Is anyone around for a practice session at some point today?
I’ll be on around 9pm

@Canita if I were you I would try running less TC, maybe start around 5 or 6/12 and see how that feels, cause I bet that 1/12 TC is holding you back a fair bit

I just realized this, I was under the impression that 1/12 was lower TC AID, now I see its obviously reversed! I'll give it a shot tonight so watch out... IM COMING FOR THAT POLE :D

Back