World Cup 2002

• Thread starter Kelly
  • 243 comments
United Kingdom
At Home
KelGT
World cup(football) is just around the corner, i am looking forward to it and will be supporting my country of course :D Hope Beckham will be fit enough, god knows we need him more than anyone, or so the press say :rolleyes: We've always got Owen :)

Anyway i know you Americans aren't into 'soccer' :rolleyes: all that much . But who's looking forward to this great sporting event ? and who will you be supporting ? :D

Even tho I live in England, I wont support them, champions are either going to be France, Portugal, Japan, Cameroon, Argentina or Italy, and maybe Spain's in the running, dont think England will get past quatres or semi's...would be nice to see David Badeal and Frank Skinner do another one of their weird music vids :D

Originally posted by lotus350
World cup(football) is just around the corner, i am looking forward to it and will be supporting my country of course :D Hope Beckham will be fit enough, god knows we need him more than anyone :nervous:

Anyway i know you Americans aren't into 'soccer' :rolleyes: all that much . But who's looking forward to this great sporting event ? and who will you be supporting ? :D
Hell yeah i am in to it. I love watching the World Cup when it comes around. Im going for Mexico but i dont think they will do to well. But who knows. :confused: Im sure Brazil might win it or Argentina, well any south american country has a good chance. USA also has a good chance at taking too. They have been playing well latley.

Canada!!!

wait, do we even have a soccer team?

i'm gonna stick to ice hockey...

Originally posted by F2002
Even tho I live in England, I wont support them, champions are either going to be France, Portugal, Japan, Cameroon, Argentina or Italy, and maybe Spain's in the running, dont think England will get past quatres or semi's...would be nice to see David Badeal and Frank Skinner do another one of their weird music vids :D

I take it your not actually English then :P You honestly think Cameroon , Japan & someone else mention USA :lol: No chance! :P
I'm no expert at football and don't claim to be either but these teams will be out in 1st rounds IMO ;)

Brazil only just made it this time round , i dont expect the old form to be there from them although they should go far... France, Italy Spain & Portugal too .( well Europeans are the best at the end of the day ) our only threats really are from South American teams :nervous:

England i think actually stand a good chance ( like they do always ) :rolleyes: I'm going to be hoping they can do it this time 😈 😈

:football: :mad: Damn ! :lol:

Looks like france are gonna rince everyone again. But I would Like England or Spain to win (HOPE HOPE HOPE)

I take it your not actually English then :P You honestly think Cameroon , Japan & someone else mention USA :lol: No chance! :P
I'm no expert at football and don't claim to be either but these teams will be out in 1st rounds IMO ;)

Brazil only just made it this time round , i dont expect the old form to be there from them although they should go far... France, Italy Spain & Portugal too .( well Europeans are the best at the end of the day ) our only threats really are from South American teams :nervous:

England i think actually stand a good chance ( like they do always ) :rolleyes: I'm going to be hoping they can do it this time 😈 😈

:football:

Turkish/English so a bit of both, and Cameroon got the team to win ;) Turkey will be in quarters, because they got a good enough team :) England wont make it past Semi's (as usual :rolleyes: ) France, Protugal, South Korea (after seeing them play !), Cameroon or Argentina for the Cup...Argentina are favorites anyways !

i'm from Argentina and i know that we are going to kick ass, it's kinda weird because argentina is in deep **** right now if i were any of the players i wouldn't be thinking of football-soccer at all,
well us argentines were born with soccer skills anyways so i don't have to worry

England i think actually stand a good chance

not against argentina, like last cup you guys got close thanx to owen(little fast ****er),we went to penalties but in the end you can always tell who the best is

Originally posted by Puffy

not against argentina, like last cup you guys got close thanx to owen(little fast ****er),we went to penalties but in the end you can always tell who the best is

Yes well as always we lose on penalties :(

I just hope this time round we get the job over before it gets to that 😈

And yes i do agree Argentina are the favourites to win :(

Always follow the World Cup, and always cheer for Argentina and (now) Senegal!!! I was so happy when Senegal beat France:D
Oh, and in case you didn't know yet, England-1 Sweden-1

I fell asleep today while the match was on than I thought england were winning but they drew grrrrr

I doesnt matter spain won their opening match Raaaaaaaaaaaul!

YOu may have to pay for them but what time do the come on where you live?

if its in th afternoon id gladly pay to watch them. Damn you Japan why do you have to be sooo far away from england? :mad:

ooooohhhh, here comes US v Portugal! Any thoughts?

I think if Mathis is 95% (and Reyna?) or so and Friedel has an excellent game it could be a good match!

Back