World Finals Monaco Demo Event Discussion

It's the same every time. Wet for warm up, dry for qualy, and then wet-to-dry for the race.

I managed a nice Q2 P4 race, myself. Really enjoyable.

*edit... that was in slot 2, the lobby disconnected before qualy for slot 1.

Last edited:
Finally bagged my first online win in GT7 @ the Trial Mountain Monaco race. Q'd in 7th, was 2nd going into the last lap and the leader had to duck out for a tire change to adhere to the tire requirements for the race I'm guessing. My tire strat was pretty straightforward....started on RS, pitted at the end of L8 for RM, pitted at the end of L19 for RH.

Pretty fun race overall as you could tell all sorts of differing tire strategies were being employed.

Gran Turismo® 7_20221201200631.jpg

I learned my tire management lesson in round 1 of this race, so this time I opted for a 10M - 8S - 8S - 4H strategy from my 7th starting position. Worked out well as I seemed to avoid any traffic for most of the race.

Despite spinning towards the end of my first stint, and this agonizingly frustrating "freezing" that's been going on on my PS4 since the last update, I brought it home for a nice P3 and ~500K credits. Still chasing that elusive first sport mode win on GT7, though.

I thought about doing an extra stop for Softs and spend less time on the Hards but the length of the pit stop had me worried that it would add too much time to make up. Trial Mountain has a very long pit stop time.

Finally bagged my first online win in GT7 @ the Trial Mountain Monaco race. Q'd in 7th, was 2nd going into the last lap and the leader had to duck out for a tire change to adhere to the tire requirements for the race I'm guessing. My tire strat was pretty straightforward....started on RS, pitted at the end of L8 for RM, pitted at the end of L19 for RH.

Pretty fun race overall as you could tell all sorts of differing tire strategies were being employed.

View attachment 1212415
I just won the early race as well , started on RM for 10,RH for 15, then RS for the final 5 laps, 45 second lead at the end and 877k.
That's why i love these races,strategy matters. Off to do the late race

Did race 2 tonight, another 1.3 mill, ..makes a lil over 7 million in 3 nights
1669951238806.png
:cheers:

Last edited:
I did Spa in the Corvette at 10pm last night and it was a fantastic race. I qualified P7 out of 11. In the opening laps everyone drove sensibly in the wet, I slipped back to P8 but the I terval to the leader was steady around 4 seconds. As the track began to dry, I worked my way up to P4. I stayed out until lap 12 on my Inters, I should have pitted a lap sooner. I came out in P3 and was gaining on the leaders. with two laps to go, P2 slipped up on a wet curb and I got to the leaders bumper. As I have the leader in my sights, a hard charging Corvette in P3 blasts past me exiting Les Combes. They battle for lead as I try to close the gap but I can't quite do it. We crossed the line with a 0.4s gap from 1st to 3rd, one of my closest finishes in recent memory.

Ok so I just made my first race at Fuji with the Toyota.
I did the first 18 laps on racing hard and then switched to racing medium for the last 12 laps without refuelling. I've had 2x 0.5 time penalties during the race but at the end (I was 1st!!!) I got a 1 minute penalty after the checkered flag. Why???
Was it really because I wanted to drive next to the pit wall like the real racers do? Because I can't think of something else.

Last edited:
Ok so I just made my first race at Fuji with the Toyota.
I did the first 18 laps on racing hard and then switched to racing medium for the last 12 laps without refuelling. I've had 2x 0.5 time penalties during the race but at the end (I was 1st!!!) I got a 1 minute penalty after the checkered flag. Why???
Was it really because I wanted to drive next to the pit wall like the real racers do? Because I can't think of something else.
I'd say you didn't put RS tires on...

I'd say you didn't put RS tires on...

That's kind of a silly rule to me, I checked if it was specified that I was needed to use every single tyre compound, and I don't remember reading it, nor that it was mandatory to use atleast 2 tyre compounds. Maybe I looked in the wrong section?

Anyway, what's done is done. Next time will go better!

That's kind of a silly rule to me, I checked if it was specified that I was needed to use every single tyre compound, and I don't remember reading it, nor that it was mandatory to use atleast 2 tyre compounds. Maybe I looked in the wrong section?

Anyway, what's done is done. Next time will go better!

Even if you forgot every step of the way leading up in practice, warm-up and Q.....it tells you one last time in the lobby screen right before the race starts if there are any tire requirements pretty clearly.

Screen Shot 2022-12-02 at 8.51.19 PM.png

Last edited:
Ran slot 1 at Fuji, had @SPL170db in the lobby with me, as well as a few other familiar and mostly friendly names, except for everyone's favourite A/S player from Portugal on his not-banned American account. I just watched the replay and the predictable happened as Mr. Filthy ran away at the beginning, burned up his tires quickly and decided to take out the field on his second stint. Just disgusting, but 100% expected from him. He finished 12th.

My race looked doomed in turn 1 as having lined up 7th, I was in last place coming out of turn 1 after being spun in the mayhem caused by, well you can guess who. Head down and stick to strategy of 13M-10H-7S and I ended up in P5 for a decent enough haul of points. Contemplated going again, but not worth the risk with that guy out there tonight.

I do like these longer races with all the different strategies in play, though. So there's that.

Well,my modest 6 race winning streak came to an end in race 1 tonight,it was for a bit dirty to put it mildly,the leader took off and that was it,finished 2nd.
Race 2 i grab the pole and started with RS on which i hadn't tried yet.
Had a great start and won by a comfortable minute+,another 1.4 mill into the pile.
Lots of competitive racing tonight though,PD really needs to throw these type of racing into the daily mix!:cheers:

AFC described the carnage of that first slot quite well. I was able to do over again in slot 3 and that race went MUCH better. Some good close battles and everyone kept it clean all the way through. And I agree, I like this longer style races as it gives the possibility of more variability in strategies. I'm sure an ideal strat develops, but that's part of the fun as well.

I just looked at the points for this 3-race series and it looks like it only takes your best race finish of the three and counts just the points for that one to determine your placing.

Last edited:
Even if you forgot every step of the way leading up in practice, warm-up and Q.....it tells you one last time in the lobby screen right before the race starts if there are any tire requirements pretty clearly.

View attachment 1212680
Oooooh yeah now I see, thank you.
From the solo qualifying to the public qualify session I didn't see it because the game freezed up, and when it stared working again I immediately got to the track.
From the qualifying session to the race sessione I didn't see it because I was busy switching to hard tires after looking at what compound was usable in the regulations menu, in wich i didn't saw anything about the compounds I've had to use mandatory.

It was just under my eyes 😁

Good little series that!

Toyota Cup - missed the first round as I didn’t even know it was on. Jumped on to Round 2 and well that was a disaster. 1st race I was punted of track on the first lap and fell to the back. After that I was making mistakes and got board. Ended up sitting in the pits for 15 laps, and ended up finishing P15 but got the extra credits. Jumped into another race and was going ok until lap 4 and I then made another mistake. Finished the race this time somewhere in P11\P12. Onky did the two races as I just didn’t get on at with that car.

Nations - not even attempted this race. Did a few TT runs and was struggling to keep the car out of the wall. Some hyper downforce cars are too sensitive and I just can’t drive them

Manufactures - this is where I’ve been having the most fun. Went with Porsche (was AMG before) for this as I love the handling of the RSR plus Im not a fan of the GTR or Supra. The weather change, the tricky conditions and knowing when to pit has made this one of the best races I’ve done on GT7.
Round 1 - again I forgot it was on but just managed to get the last slot with a few mins to spare. Had no practice so wasn’t expecting much. Quali in top 5 and at the start I stayed out of trouble but got mugged and dropped to P10. Managed though to start working my way back through and pitting on the right lap allowed me to jump a few cars into P2 where I finished.
Round 2 - quali in top 5 again but this time I made a few mistakes. Others around were making mistakes too so didn’t lose too many positions and was fighting for P3. Ended up in P3 and 5 seconds clear of P4, then on lap 14 made a huge error at the bus stop to drop to P5. Last lap I got back to P4 and missed out on P3 by 1second. On my alt account I only did the 1 race and got a P3 for account.
Round 3 - had a bad quali P7. At the start I made up 2 places on Kemmel Straight. A car ahead cut the Eau Rouge corner so past them at the pen zone and up to P4. P3 was slow for 2 laps and I couldn’t make a safe overtake then I managed to get them at T1 with a clean pass into the hairpin. Closed up to Pq & P2 but when it got dry these 2 were able to go quicker than and won by 6 & 10 seconds. Drove it home for a easy P3.

Hope PD add a new Daily series dedicated to 45 min races with strategy, weather and a quali session.

Mini Daily A series
Deep Forest Reverse - Good race. Had some mixed results. Either was a lot of crashing or some really clean racing. Enjoyed that.
Monza in the Lambo - only did the one race and it seemed like a good race. Didn’t really have time to do more.
Interlagos in McLaren - not done this race yet. Going to do a few races tomorrow.

Not the most rapid pace at Spa but I kept it pointing in the right direction which is sometimes enough.

Started 6th and got to the lead by end of lap 2 and stayed there until I pitted at end of lap 7. Second place made the overcut work and rejoined 7 seconds ahead of me at the end of lap 10 - I closed and while he had the pace to win as he got confidence on the hard tyres, he spun off on lap 13 which gave me the time to manage the rest of my race to win.

Drove with traction control on but it's worth the pay-off.

Last edited:
Odd night at SPA this evening.
Race 1 ,Qual 2nd,green flag drops ,i take off ,pole sitter takes off then for whatever reason,slows way down,tyvm,took the lead before the first turn and cruised to victory.
Race 2 ,Qual 1st,then i don't know if i was over-confident or just lost some concentration,took the last fast left hander too fast ,hit the curb and went for a ride,1st to 7th in a hurry,managed to grab 2nd before the tire change,briefly had the lead again until i went off a slow corner two laps in a row,still managed 2nd place,another 1.4 into the pile, one more night to go.😢
😅:cheers:

I actually submitted that race to Just Devon's Idiots of the Week series and it landed at #1. :lol:

Haha good stuff! That's actually not the first time I've ended up on Devon's channel. Last time I recall was a carnagefest (maybe Luisdinisio was there as well) at Daytona in pickup trucks.

I saw that! Not bad for a first submission. Of course, I would prefer not to have anything to submit, but such is our life with that dude around.

Back