World Record GT Sport Platinum Trophy Speedrun Completed in 229 Hours

• Thread starter WestRoadZ
  • 78 comments
Honestly, I prefer the following kind of speedrun instead:
It's so short, you can do it on the loo :P

Jokes aside, good luck with the run. And remember to take care of yourself ;) Nobody has yet posted a Platinum run for this game on speedrun.com (with good reason :lol:). Just don't forget to set up a proper timer and you'll be able to submit your run there :)

edit: Oh I can see you submitted times for a few other categories already 👍 A few of which are actually quite intriguing...

Last edited:
You can get 10 free cars from daily workout and it will still 'pop' the trophy, it's Collection 10 for a reason, don't have to be bought, just own 10 cars!

Alright awesome! I was hoping but definitely should be able to get this trophy easy now! One less thing to worry about! Thanks man!

I hope you have plans to eat, drink, relieve yourself, rest, etc. during the run. It’s going to be quite a long run, especially for the Sport Mode trophies. To put it into perspective, there’s a GT3 100% speedrun on YT with over three days of constant driving. This is a plan for eight days. I’m not sure if I can handle even six hours of nonstop racing.

Good luck!

Yes I have an entire meal prep and setup to stay focused. Fridge, microwave and toaster included :) As for rest going to be doing 4 hour rests per day. Should be alright considering I get that much sleep daily anyways :lol: Plus, have the wifeys full support if I need anything. She’s more excited than me to finish this speed run! Thanks for the support :cheers:

Honestly, I prefer the following kind of speedrun instead:
It's so short, you can do it on the loo :P

Jokes aside, good luck with the run. And remember to take care of yourself ;) Nobody has yet posted a Platinum run for this game on speedrun.com (with good reason :lol:). Just don't forget to set up a proper timer and you'll be able to submit your run there :)

edit: Oh I can see you submitted times for a few other categories already 👍 A few of which are actually quite intriguing...

Thanks mate I appreciate it! It will be full on for the first 4-5 days but after that can relax with the grindy part to Level 50 :cool: Not going to go all out just so I make it to the end, plus like you said, can’t see anyone doing this run again so no need to rush about :lol:

I'm going to be honest, I'm going to watch this but only because I think it's going to be a complete disaster. Good luck.

The one thing I’m most worried about is Australia’s top tier, never dropping out internet :scared: Even being on NBN doesn’t seem to help unfortunately. But if it does fail miserably it will most likely be internet problems or not getting the 91 race wins or 65 poles within the 322 races. But here’s to being optimistic and not thinking about that too much :lol::cheers:

Hey guys, the run is going great so far! I got the 91 wins and 65 poles on the second day after 108 races. I was matched with lower ranked people a lot during those races but had some big names like MetalGear and HighRoad in a couple races which was fun as well as a few quick drivers that gave me a challenge too. Just Level 50, 19 more Daily races and 3 Mission Challenges left!

Just finishing day 5 up soon and looking to complete it in 9 days. The stream is almost always up if you want to check it out at twitch anytime :)

Hi everyone! I'm just about there and only have about 4 hours to go if you would like to check out the ending! Thanks for the amazing support, this has been an incredible past week :)

Oh I think we can do better than that.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evans (@Famine) on September 26th, 2020 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.

I'm so stoked about this! By far the best moment since I've joined almost 6 years ago! Always excited and eagerly waiting for that GT7 info when GTPlanet gets it! Thank you guys so much!

Making headlines West! It’s MJTbreww by the way. Always cool to drop by the streams when I can 👍

I know man! How good is it?! Nice to see you here and I'll be giving ya a follow here mate to stay in the loop

Yooo! I saw you in a race the other day, I was using my second account, iSTEGGI. Cool to see how you're going!

Hope I was racing clean! At some points I was getting really sloppy. But if you're on now I have a few Daily's left to accomplish :)

I also got the Platinium a long time ago.

But for me it took ages, and to be honest it felt like a big relief when I was finaly done.

Havent played the game since lol. IMO there are so much other Sims that are so much better than GT, but I think I have some kind of OCD so I must complete all these games lol :-)
Anyway its and impresive task you did. Very well done, and big congrats :cheers: :gtpflag:👍

Right now while you're on this circuit it's as if yesterday's Nurburgring 24 hour is still ongoing. Only, you're more than 200 hours further into your run than that.
This is impressive.

Edit: That last race was on the 24hr layout. If you need to do a lap of the Nordschleife that'll be a different layout.
That's a guess based on previous GT games. I've never actually played GT Sport.

Edit again: Well done, that was a mammoth thing to do. 👍

Last edited:
Edit: That last race was on the 24hr layout. If you need to do a lap of the Nordschleife that'll be a different layout.
That's a guess based on previous GT games. I've never actually played GT Sport.
That's correct. Irritatingly, you don't get the trophy for doing the Circuit Experience at the track either...

Also:

upload_2020-9-28_16-33-41.png

That's when the Platinum popped. You can't actually see it, because system messages are censored by the console on the inbuilt PS stream.

Back