• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 121 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
I've hosted this discussion of the 2006 World Series hunt. This is your before, during, and after thread for this year's October classic. I won't say too much more because I don't have a legit introduction or any thoughts to share with you all.

So let's do World Series 2006!

Well, The New York Mets, despite being the first team to clinch its division, are doing really bad now...Is like if all of a sudden they just gave up on baseball. They'll have to change that if they wanna get passed the first round.

IMO, the Yankees (whom I hate with a passion) and the Oakland A's are the best candidates for the tittle, as for the NL, i'd say either the Cards or Mets. They both have excellent managers and a good spirit while playing; both teams are known for comeback wins and also for thei powerful offense...

It'll feel weird that the Red Sox won't be a part of the playoff games this year but at the same time, seeing the Tigers in the postseason will be a first one for me!

Go Mets!

Ciao!

I can't see any team that I really want to root for. I hate the A's and Yankees, strongly dislike the Cardinals/Astros, Padres, and Twins. Uh, go Tigers? Oh wait, football's on.

The Twins are still the best team in baseball. Santana is an automatic win. Bonser has pitched well of late, the bullpen is the best in baseball. Morneau is excellent. Mauer is the best position player in the AL. Jason Bartlett is really good. Mike Cuddyer busted out with authority. Torii Hunter, while overrated, is still very good. This team is good top-to-bottom, with arguably the best closer in baseball, the best pitcher in baseball, the best catcher in baseball, and the best Canadian firstbaseman in baseball.

Twins beat the Athletics in five games and then they can coast against the Yankees and the Dodgers in the World Series.

It would be no contest if Liriano didn't blow out his elbow.

The Cardinals blow (and Tony LaRussa is the worst manager in baseball) and the Mets are simply not going anywhere with that pitching staff.

If the Twins need five games to beat the A's, they have no chance in a 7-game series.

The A's won today, but they're due for another 2-0 lead followed by three straight losses. Always expected, but always funny :D. I hate the A's.

Can we PLEASE get rid of Tim McCarver??? I am so tired of his retarded wind-baggery. That, and the constant salad-tossing of Derek Jeter.

Yeah, no kidding. It's hell having to listen to Chris Berman, then Joe Morgan, and then Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. It's nonspot cliches and horrible, horrible broadcasting for 9 hours worth of baseball.

Gimme Vin Scully or something.

We (Mets) are currently beating the Dodgers 2-1, it think is going to be a close one :scared:

EDIT: Yay! we won :D, I told ya it was gonna be a close one....

Ciao!

Tigers up 2-1! I'd looooove to see the Yankees knocked out in the first round again. At some point, Steinbrenner has to explode. Us Yankee-haters have been waiting for six years, but for some reason, he has kept his cool during that time :grumpy:.

Wow. The yanks are getting yanked.

With the way it's going right now, i'd say the Tigers will win the division.

EDIT: I'm sorry, yanks are not getting yanked, THEY'RE GETTING DESTROYED IN THE 5TH. :D

Ciao!

I guess there won't be anymore Joe Torre and A-Rod hanging around in the Yankee ball club.
banana.gif

Ciao!

I hope they just get completely dismantled. I hate everyone involved with that organization.

You shure ya ain't a Red Sox fan? :P..Actually I hate them like that too; I'm a Met fan..so you have to understand.

BTW, we're pounding the Dodgers 3-0 in the bottom of the first.

Ciao!

No, I'm not a Red Sox fan; I just really, really hate the Yankees (A-Rod, Jeter, and Giambi especially).

You might as well buy World Series tickets, then. Neither St. Louis nor San Diego is a match for the Mets.

What do people think for the LCS? I'm going with Mets (no contest) and Tigers (momentum + perennial A's suckage).

Tigers looked pretty strong last night, I'm going to my friend's place to watch the Met game tonight 👍...

Ciao!

I hate trying to watch more than one game at once. I flipped the channel and just missed Washington's go-ahead touchdown, flipped back and just missed Ordonez's walk-off home run :grumpy:.

Maybe I should hook up that 19-inch TV that's gathering dust in the corner...

1-1 series tie. Ozzy must be pulling his hair out ;).

Yes, I, was :grumpy: .

Anyway, we're gonna rock 'em tonight!

I just saw that walk-off home run by Ordonez, he really smoked it.

LETS GO METS!!

LET'S GO METS!!

LET'S GO METS!!

IN DELGADO WE TRUST.

Ciao!

He should have gone to third on that play, yes?

Sorry, Ozzy. STL is the first American baseball team I liked, so I gotta go with them. Go Cardinals! :D

Yeah we're sucking right now...Traschel was crappy as hell and now we have to use our bullpen for the next 7 innings.

Oh boy...
attachment.php

Ciao!

Back